Elder Scrolls Online

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by Major Melchett, May 3, 2012.

1. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    The highest I have seen is ~3400mb on full Max settings @ 5760 x 1080 in large AvA battles... of course that was back in Beta, I haven't jumped into AvA yet since I'm still leveling up multiple characters right now. Perhaps it's more demanding now, but I still can't see it topping 3GB @ 1080p anyway...

2. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    The textures on everything went really low by setting this. I think it's opposite, 1 is high and 3 is really really low.

3. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    The character doing Lyris Titanborn is the same as Mass Effects female Shephard. :D :)

*love* lol XD:D

Btw mip levels -3 removes the texture atlasing, everything is high res everywhere, there's no downscaling, love it. So far 2.3GB highest 1440p memory usage.

4. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    whats the difference? Does setting it to -1 still prevent the texture popping? I've noticed a nice visual increase with -3, but large PVP battles can get trippy.

Might try -1 and see if I still see HQ texture without popping and better pvp frames.

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    After a few days waiting around I managed to get attacked by bloodfiends vamp quest is kinda cool

6. DireBadger

DireBadger Master Guru

GPU:
    Zotac GTX1070 AMP Extreme
    Cancelled today. This game seriously needed another year in development. During my way to level 50 i encountered progress hindering bug after bug after bug to completely broken main quests.

The CS staff know absolutely nothing about the game as well. After having to get them to reset my kill Molag Bal quest due to it being broken what happens with the next quest in the chain? It's also broken. That Cadwell dude opens a portal for me to go the Dominion area but the loading screen gets stuck in an infinite loop. Then when i relog i'm still in Glenumbra and upon going back to the harborage there is no portal anymore and no way of doing the new quest.

So i send a ticket and get the response that i should try the unstuck command but to them it appears that my char isn't stuck. :bang:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  7. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Ive canceled next month too! Im enjoying it, but more i play the more bugs i get :( its so annoying. For example today i fell through the floor and kept falling. Logged out,still the same, quit game, still the same! Couldnt find out how to unstuck my har, so finally i managed to hit the botton and died :S then it got stuck on load screen! So annoying coz when game is working im really enjoying it!

8. bobdude

bobdude Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i canceled too game just not fun in my opinion this game will faill quicker then swtor. i see free to play in less then a year

9. Illnino

Illnino Guest

GPU:
    XFX 290x EK H20
    Yeah it is sad they released it with so many bugs, but then again most mmo's have launched with them. I remember vanguard had a ridiculous amount.

I haven't encountered anything too annoying yet odd quest or two which I either logged out and back in or cancelled and restarted the quest.

I will continue to play mostly cause it still interests me and their isn't another mmo at the moment that does it for me. But they REALLY need to iron some bugs out before its to late to stop the bleeding...

10. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    yea im still enjoying the game, but it seems like more i play, more bugs pop up! Feels like they managed to fix eerything in low levels, but once u get higher it all goes wrong! but i will still play anyway!

11. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah same here.

12. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    I found my error. The texture setting got unset when I changed it. ;)
    I'm hitting 1.6GB with about 30 players in my nearest proximity in Daggerfall, 1080p all on highest settings.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  13. TaskMaster

TaskMaster Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ZOTAC Trinity 4080
    tried -1. Things load faster than normal which is fine with me. The reason I set it to -1 is because my PVP raids can have 200-400 players all in one area.

-1 removes the hitching that -3 caused.

need more video ram!

14. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Ok well few things I feel need fixing majorly in game.

First off seeing everyone by there account name this is a massive security risk and needs to be fix (yes i know there are add-ons what fix this but not the point) its very unprofessional leaving it like this and opens up a whole world of issues what I feel that I shouldn't have to go into.

Total lack of REAL full screen (exclusive full screen) support it should have been added before launch no excuses here its 2014...

Now this I find stupid one account five guilds now this totally limits players and I total feel this should be per character? as when I role an alt on a different faction I don't want to be limited by the guilds my main character is in also some times people like to play alts and not be bugged by there guilds. I know this was probably done so people cant make small guilds using alts for easy bank storage but still.

Pre order bonus should be sent to each character upon creation this is normally standard practice in most MMO not per account.

In game mail please the account v character thing again... when I'm on character X I don't want to receive mail what should be going to character Y

Aside from these few things that pee the hell out of me games not bad but Coldharbor is starting to irritate me due to bugs and crappy having to feed every 30min as a vamp

15. ByblosHex

ByblosHex Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX780 LIGHTNING
    The only problem I've encountered besides minor glitches that resolved themself is infinite loading screens in Cyrodiil when loading in, dieing there or teleporting in-zone.

A lot of people are making a fuss about how much of a security flaw it is to have the account name known, but I have yet to see one example of an account being hijacked because the account name was visible. I don't particularly agree with the idea of using my account name in-game, but unless it is a security flaw it isn't. Everything is encrypted, there is two-step verification for new IP log-ins. I don't see anyone getting their account "hacked" here who wouldn't get it "hacked" anywhere else.

16. Hirantha

Hirantha Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Hybrid (BEAST)
    at lvl 22, and i haven't found any progress halting bugs yet. This game has so many potentials and unique in its own way. I hope they fix all the bugs and prioritize the main issues and get them out of the way. I want this game to live a long time. Enjoyed every moment in the game so far.

17. Foamy4

Foamy4 Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX770 4GB
    I really like the crafting system. From the beginning you can craft gear/weapons which is actually better than most gear you find/quest rewards. Currently I'm focussing on blacksmithing, I'm a tank, but I want to get into enchanting aswell to get lots of HP and stamina enchants on my gear.

18. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Think most will be fixed by the time your doing the 35-50 areas I just spent nearly a hour trying to be Molag bal fight was very buggy for me couldn't use potions was a pain in the arse ill try again later

19. chanw4

chanw4 Guest

GPU:
    NITRO+ RX6800XT SE
    The infinite loading screen bug was supposed to be fix on yesterday patch (Or this morning for NA player).

It is a security risk albeit a minor one. The real issue is that people often use the same account name on various things such as email, social media. etc. and these could be use for phishing attempt.

You are extremely lucky then.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2014
  20. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    I'll bet I've played more hours then 90%+ of the people here and I haven't had a single bug that blocked progress, and the ones I have had were due to phasing problems and just relogging for an NPC to appear - sure it's a bug but something that takes 20 seconds or less to take care of.

If people are going to complain they should complain about server lag on weekends (runs like a dream during the week though), bank bugs, duping and the stray loooong loading screen.