SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Thanks. Any ETA?

2. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    When it's done :) Crosire is rewriting the injector at the moment.
    It will be a long time until we see a final release. But it will be worth the wait.

3. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    Since you guys are apparently adding new stuff

Are you guys considering the lens dirt effect (sorry if im beign annoying), i can give the textures and all.

Also, atleast for me, it isnt much of a big deal if it draws over the HUD.

4. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    I see that recently lots of people -including me- started to make suggestions. It'll be kind of ironic but here is another suggestion: I think SweetFX/eFX needs a git-hub/google code/sourceforge page. It'll be easier to report issues and make suggestions. Also experimental builds could be made available via SVN. What do you guys think?

5. parametriq

parametriq Guest

GPU:
    8Gb of DDR2-1066
    Glad to hear, right now limited compatibility is the biggest issue. No ETA needed, I sure have patience. Right now I'm also struggling to make The Walking Dead Season 1 work with some kind of injection but no luck so far on my Win7

6. Crosire

Crosire Member Guru

GPU:
    -
    There was a quick discussion about making eFX open source in the other thread, which came to the end that it's safer to not do that.
    It is however possible to open source multiple core parts, which are not directly related to hooking, including the backend graphics engine, which is part of my personal game engine. I'm planning to release that one on GitHub soon anyway, so there will be at least some access to the codebase.
    One could of course add another repository for the injector, which only contains the compiled binaries. This way, all the niceties of Github (like the issues page) could still be used.

7. JPulowski

JPulowski Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690
    Thanks for your reply. The choice of open source or not it's up to the authors to decide. My main concern is mostly issues/suggestions page and finding latest builds. For instance there are multiple builds of SweetFX around: The original one (1.5.1), Boulotaur2024's injector (1.4), Boulotaur2024's injector with latest shader updates + Chromatic Aberration shader (1.5.1). I have also seen some semi-working eFX builds as well. But I did not test them completely because I am waiting for a stable version. Also with a hub page it could be possible to see current process for the next version.
    Try to use this one.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  8. kaicooper

kaicooper Guest

GPU:
    GTX 780 SC ACX
    so that means we able to use it with Amnesia after that right?

:banana:

9. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    so I dont know if this is already asked or posted, but I installed win 8.1 and i Tried to Run smite game with sweetfx... there is an error pops up

[​IMG]

what does that mean? and how Do i fix it? and why win8.1 has this bad admins rights every where? isnt there a way to disable it forever?!

10. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    Please read the FAQ on the first page pjokerxp.

11. Parsnip

Parsnip Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB OC 2.0
    So guys, was that new CA shader released and I just didn't notice? It looked pretty great on that one Batman screen K-putt posted few pages back.

12. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    There will be an official release from CeeJay.dk very soon.

I can give you the shader he gave me over PM if you want.

13. pjokerxp

pjokerxp Banned

GPU:
    Palit GeForce GTX 680 2GB
    snip snip snip delete

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  14. Parsnip

Parsnip Guest

GPU:
    GTX760 2GB OC 2.0
    If that's not too much trouble, send a PM this way for sure.

15. Matsilagi

Matsilagi Member

GPU:
    MSI GT630 2GB
    Be sure to PM me too.

16. LambertoKevlar

LambertoKevlar Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus Gtx Titan
    Stupide question,what's the difference between sweetfx and efx?

17. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    SweetFX is the shader, eFX is the injector, the current injector is the sample for SMAA injector if I am right.:)

18. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Can anyone direct me to a Sweetfx version that has Levels (Sets a new black and white point) and Chromatic Aberration that works with RadeonPro? Thanks.

19. Ioxa

Ioxa Guest

GPU:
    2x GTX 670 2gb
    You can use Boulotaur's with the 1.5 shaders but it's kind of a pain getting it to work. You have to manually add the settings to the RadeonPro profile for the game you want to use the shaders in then set the profile to read only so RadeonPro doesn't overwrite the settings.

If you want to give it a shot, the profile can be found in AppData/Roaming/RadeonPro/Profiles. The profiles are xml files but you can open them with notepad. When you've found the file and have it open find the line that starts with this, <Property name="_SFXEffectSettings", then copy and paste all the stuff below over it. To enable a setting change the 0# to 1#, and 1# to 0# to disable. It helps to have the settings from the sweetfx folder open so you have an idea of the ranges of the settings and what they do. I couldn't get the gaussian shader to work but the CA and levels do.

<Property name="_SFXEffectSettings" value="CA:0#outfocus=0.0075|Cartoon:1#CartoonPower=0.08|Advanced CRT:0#CRTAmount=1.00&amp;CRTResolution=1.2&amp;CRTgamma=2.4&amp;CRTmonitorgamma=2.2&amp;CRTBrightness=1.0&amp;CRTScanlineIntensity=2.0&amp;CRTScanlineGaussian=1&amp;CRTCurvature=1&amp;CRTCurvatureRadius=1.5&amp;CRTCornerSize=0.0010&amp;CRTDistance=2.00&amp;CRTAngleX=0.00&amp;CRTAngleY=-0.10&amp;CRTOverScan=1.01&amp;CRTOversample=0|Bloom:0#BloomThreshold=01.00&amp;BloomPower=0.100&amp;BloomWidth=0.0001|HDR:0#HDRPower=1.28&amp;radius2=0.84|LumaSharpen:1#sharp_strength=1.00&amp;sharp_clamp=0.035&amp;pattern=3&amp;offset_bias=0.80&amp;show_sharpen=0|Technicolor:0#TechniAmount=0.4&amp;TechniPower=4.0&amp;redNegativeAmount=0.88&amp;greenNegativeAmount=0.88&amp;blueNegativeAmount=0.88|Cineon DPX:0#Red=2.0&amp;Green=2.0&amp;Blue=2.0&amp;ColorGamma=1.0&amp;DPXSaturation=1.0&amp;RedC=0.40&amp;GreenC=0.40&amp;BlueC=0.40&amp;Blend=0.2|Monochrome:0#Monochrome_conversion_values=float3(0.18,0.41,0.41)|Lift Gamma Gain:1#RGB_Lift=float3(0.998,0.998,0.996)&amp;RGB_Gamma=float3(0.990,0.990,0.980)&amp;RGB_Gain=float3(0.800,0.800,0.796)|Tonemap:0#Gamma=1.0&amp;Exposure=0.00&amp;Saturation=0.00&amp;Bleach=0.00&amp;Defog=0.000&amp;FogColor=float3(0.00,0.00,2.55)|Vibrance:0#Vibrance=0.08|Curves:1#Curves_mode=0&amp;Curves_contrast=0.40&amp;Curves_formula=4|Sepia:0#ColorTone=float3(1.40,1.10,0.90)&amp;GreyPower=0.11&amp;SepiaPower=0.58|Vignette:0#VignetteRatio=1.00&amp;VignetteRadius=1.00&amp;VignetteAmount=-1.00&amp;VignetteSlope=8&amp;VignetteCenter=float2(0.500,0.500)|Dither:0#dither_method=1|Border:0#|Splitscreen:0#splitscreen_mode=1|EXPLOSION:0#Explosion_Radius=1.0|LEVELS:0#Levels_black_point=00.05&amp;Levels_white_point=235|GAUSSIAN:0#GaussEffect=0&amp;GaussQuality=3&amp;GaussSigma=1&amp;GaussBloomWarmth=0&amp;GaussThreshold=0.99&amp;GaussExposure=99.00&amp;GaussStrength=99.00|FILMGRAIN:0#|CUSTOM:0#" />

Edit: It looks like some spaces got added in when I copied and pasted this stuff. When you have it pasted in your profile just go through and make sure there aren't any spaces.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2014
  20. dakrazeedude

dakrazeedude Guest

GPU:
    MSI gtx 760
    Hello everyone,
    I have no idea if this is the right place to ask, but it's all I could find.
    I'm using the latest version of sweetfx and it causes me HUGE FPS drops (it usually halves it) in several games.
    Any idea on what could be wrong?
    Thanks, and sorry if this is not the right place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.