Crytek announced closing Crysis and Crysis 2 multiplayer for PC on May 31

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CrazY_Milojko, Apr 13, 2014.

1. BigBlockTowncar

BigBlockTowncar Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Evga GTX970 SC
    Crysis is probably the most disliked AAA game ever (and Far Cry 2 I guess). Great graphics, but I enjoyed very little about it. I liked the first Far Cry, but I haven't cared for anything from Crytek since Far Cry 1.

It's too bad games don't have the built in server stuff that they used to...As far as I am aware, you could still go online with a non-steam version of Half-Life and play with other people.....those days are over for new titles.

2. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    It seriously makes me angry to see how the gaming industry has changed.

Games like CS1.6, Quake 3 arena, Unreal Tournament can still be played to this day and they were excellent multiplayer games! Heck even COD1 and 2 still have a decent amount of players and are still fun.

I remember when buying a full priced game actually had value to it. You got either a kickass single player or multiplayer or you got BOTH.

Now we get **** like Titanfall that comes loaded with less content then angry birds!

We get servers shut down for this game or that game, games become empty within months as people jump onto the next "BIG" game that arrives two weeks later not like before when we had to wait months if not years.

Titanfall is a prime example, I do enjoy the gameplay but its content is shocking. You have less than 10 primary guns to choose from, three pistols, and a few rocket launchers not to mention about 8 maps!!! It just oozes EA who probably told Respawn to cut out some of the guns or maps so they can release it as DLC....... Only for the game servers to be turned off when Titanfall 2 comes out next year.

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    The maps are tiny, player count is tiny, no vehicular combat that I know of (C1 MP had some iirc), perks... to name a few similarities. The nanosuit is the primary, if not the only difference. To me, the pacing was similar too, but maybe that's just me.

I too have better things to do, especially since I'm discussing a MP game mode that is about to die, which I find similar to a MP game that I hate, of a SP game and series that I actually really like. I'm just not up for taking nerdrage just because I have a different view on things.

4. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Crysis had multiplayer?

5. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    ur avatar remind me of how scared i was while watching Stephen king's IT

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  7. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I enjoyed Crysis 1. Crysis 2 SP was ok but the minute I saw kill streak perks in MP I stopped playing. Don't tell me that isn't a COD clone.

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    I liked Crysis2 more because it has 2 types, one with suit powers, the other with normal military cloths and no powers.. Also levels seemed more in place, Crysis1 MP levels were kinda boring.

9. Damien_Azreal

Damien_Azreal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte OC 3070
    Uhh...
    "We demand that Crytek find a proper working solution to allow us to continue playing."

Sorry, but your wording there is all but going to kill you.
    In the few, rare occasions that online petitions have worked... it's been in part to the number of supporters, and the way in which the petition was presented.

"Demanding" something is the quickest way to not reach a goal.

10. Gfxfyle

Gfxfyle Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290X
    Apparently you don't seem to know that the word "demand" is very common in petitions. Go skim through some popular petitions and you'll see. This type of language is strategically used because it lets others know how strongly this issue is felt. There is nothing at all impolite or impertinent in the use of this word in petitions. The target of this petition are professionals who are intelligent enough to know this.

And even if we were using this word outside of a petition, we have absolutely every right to and are completely justified in the use of this word. We paid for this game using our hard earned money and were told this included multiplayer as part of this package. This is not an ancient game either, it was only released 3 years ago, and there is still a dedicated player base playing it.

And, this game is still on sale, and still selling - with multiplayer still advertised clearly and prominently on the box and online. There are new players continually buying this game expecting the multiplayer, and who come online to play it.

We have the right to use the word "demand". We are not asking a favor, we are demanding that they honor our rights and simply give us what they told us and are still telling us what we would get in the purchase of this product. That's what this petition is all about. It's about righting a wrong that is affecting people who trusted these companies.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014

11. qiplayer

qiplayer Guest

GPU:
    2x xfx 6870 1gb
    Crysis2 multiplayer is a very nice game, it's been since wing commander prophecy that I didn't have that much fun

12. qiplayer

qiplayer Guest

GPU:
    2x xfx 6870 1gb
    Well if you think this is boring... ;)
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XWNuNxA_0o

I think you missed a very nice game, I went into it by case 3 years ago, since then played 1400 hours. All worth it :D :D :D

13. F1refly

F1refly Ancient Guru

GPU:
    970GTX-oc edition
    I thought Crysis Wars was supposed to be their main Online thing, whatever happened with that? I still got the CD somewhere. I never really liked any of them though.

14. Gfxfyle

Gfxfyle Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290X
    Sorry, I only meant to quote Damien, and not myself, but anyway.

Here is another petition to save Crysis 2 multiplayer. And take note of the wording:

http://gamerpetitions.com/petition/save-crysis-multiplayer-support

Please sign it if you can.

15. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    C2 and C3 had similar gun handling to CoD, but in C3, the increase mobility you got as a player drastically changed and is no way similar to CoD outside of the fact that you shoot people in both games.

Just watch footage of proper Feline/Jackal hipfire play. It's closer to UT than CoD as you jump over people while moving at breakneck speed.

The moment I realized just how fast you can move in C3, I was literally vote kicked every single match. You can choose to play it like a CoD game (because all the CoD stuff is there like aiming down the sight), but then you were just missing out on what the game had to offer. This is all about C3 of course. C2 was a lot closer to CoD for sure.

16. Gfxfyle

Gfxfyle Member

GPU:
    Radeon R9 290X
    Splendid video. It reminds me why I like this game so much.

Crysis 2 MP is one of the fastest paced and most exciting games I've ever played. I can't imagine this fantastic multiplayer game being shut down. What a true tragedy it would be.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2014
  17. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    Petitions are not going to get you anywhere but have fun trying.

18. PNeV

PNeV Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor
    I didn't care much for the story of Crysis 1, but Crysis 2 really stood out for some reason. Some really nice cinematic parts (the civilian trapped under the collapsed building for example).