MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 19(2014-3-27)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Mar 27, 2014.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    He has a point. The search function works great if people stopped being lazy. The majority of the questions being asked have already been answered ad nauseum.

2. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    As opposed to? answering the same questions all the time?
    Yeah search is good

3. xixou

xixou Guest

GPU:
    inno3d 1070 3x (4)
    I think that a final release 3.0.0 is positive in a sense that a lot of users don't use any betas
    and so stick with the previous old stable release, that is quite old now.
    And also, I think you can always go for beta and never release anything stable because every new feature potentially brings new bugs or so.
    So I don't think it should be a reason to make you unhappy.
    Now, about the one that complained about the timeout bomb, I will definitely not protect the way they communicate.
    One question: Is the fix clocking of amd gpu (no ulps/powerplay) a setting of a registry or some other tweak Unwinder ?

4. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Beta 19 bug report: when 64-bit OSD is enabled and active, AB would open the 32-bit VFW codec config UI instead of 64-bit one. at least it happens with x264vfw 64-bit.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

If you think a bit and read a bit you'll find out that it is supposed to be so.

6. HarryYTM

HarryYTM Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX TITAN
    Why brother it is beta or not as long as it works for you?? Why not stop arguing and then help Unwinder to nail out all the bugs instead which helps ending beta phase.

Time-bomb was what you accepted since you install beta version of AB, if you don't like this term given by MSI or author of this program, please feel free to uninstall it, no one forced you to use beta AB.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  7. Andy_K

Andy_K Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3060
    Look at that option:
    [​IMG]

8. Unwinder

It doesn't affect that and it was clearly declared that 32-bit application (MSI AB) will be able to configure 32-bit VFW codecs only. That's by design.

9. JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    for Alexey,

Would it be possible to have 2-3 fan profiles, one for 3D games, and one or two for full screen video.

Or just the two profiles, one for 3D games and one for video playback, with adding and linking the 2nd fan profile to the video players exe, or other app's exe, such as a 3D animation or high end video editing software.

I watch video with my favourite player Zoom Player MAX, using MadVR renderer, which now can do luma doubling via NNEDI3. This really fires up my GPU (GTX 670), but I can shape the fan graph so it remains much quieter than when using it flat out for demanding 3D games and using my headphones.

So I was wondering if in the settings there could be an options to add in an exe of zoom player and tie that to fan graph 2 (with a naming text field), and maybe a 3rd profile for what ever such as full screen windowed or something else. And fan profile 1 would be 3D games, hooked into the OSD detection for 3D games.

Does any of this make sense. I hope so. I find myself now needing two fan profiles, one for flat out games and one for video playback via zoom player and MadVR's NNEDI3 image doubling. But with the video profile far quieter than the flat out games one. Becuase I don't want the GPU fans spinning up to 60% when I am watching a quiet part of 720p/1080 TV show or Bluray (MKV) file.

For me I just need the two, but after typing this out I can see maybe there would be a need for high end 3D animation apps profile maybe. A lot of people still use them with gaming GPU's rather than workstation GPU's. And might be a useful feature to have a few fan profiles to work with.

**Edit:
    Switching profiles on the fan graph tab, maybe marking one as active. Maybe even a way to auto detect somehow via some interface simple rules, and or scripted via advanced input field.

Thank you.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2014
  10. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    MSI Afterburner (BETA) is supplied with my graphics card so I can use it properly as advertised by MSI. The beta is the only version that supports my card.

When does the version of Gigabyte OC Guru supplied with YOUR graphics card expire?

11. Unwinder

How often Gigabyte give their clients major software updates with new features for free? Let me hint: never, genius.
    Seriously, stop that, you're one of few "smart" persons DIRECTLY responsible for stopping MSI AB public beta testing approach. Be proud of your achievement and please go to some different place destroying something else.

12. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    I disagree. MSI are entirely responsible for whatever they release.

Please don't feel offended when I comment on MSI Afterburner. I am criticizing MSI.

I have said (as a lot of others have done) that MSI Afterburner is completely stable enough to not be beta. I don't understand why it is not. I am not asking and do not expect an answer from you Unwinder as I understand you do not represent MSI.

PS. Last release of OC GURU was 10-4-14 :)

13. tede

tede Member Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX 470
    Is it still Ukrainian software or already Russian? I believe Ukrainians don't have balls to fight against attacker.

14. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    NOT cool

15. octiceps

octiceps Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GT 650M SLI
    Neither are you. What a hypocrite.

16. JonnyRedHed

JonnyRedHed Member Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Any thoughts on my dual fan profiles idea a few posts above, video/games.

17. Amph

Amph Guest

GPU:
    280x vapor-x tri-x
    can't access voltage with my vapor-x trix

those new cards aren't recognized yet

18. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    I think it's a bug but not sure, however I'm using the latest official amd drivers!

Everytime I start the computer up on a cold boot, the fan goes from 65% which is meant to, then drops to 18 which is auto. MSI Afterburner is set to use the default clock settings on windows start up and fan at 65% but it isn't sticking.

I have to re-apply the fan speed again through profiles.

Was fine with previous msi version

MSI 280X

19. PirateNeilsouth

PirateNeilsouth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    980 OC
    [​IMG]

Reinstalled MSI Afterburner and still doing it :3eyes:

20. gedo

gedo Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 6700 XT 12GB