Nvidia GeForce 337.50 BETA - Discussion & Download

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Cyris, Apr 5, 2014.

1. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Im just saying if it might delete whole temp folder, I have mine to clean anything even if its below 24hr old.

2. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    Deleted

Last edited: Apr 8, 2014
  3. ColdFlo

ColdFlo Guest

GPU:
    EVGA780ACXSCMSI780GMSI680
    The lower latency of this driver is doing so many things for particles and effects it boggles the mind but after playing trackmania 2 stadium and watching some dota 2 matches the coherency of the image and the graphical splines is just mind boggling. I cant see polygonal seams anymore. They have disappeared. Polygons look like coherent models in real time. Never once do I see a seam. Images appear flat not partially rendered with small seam inaccuracies or torn frames(maybe its my 96hz refresh rate as well). Titanfall Trackmania Stadium looks like each frame a photo all polygons perfectly placed all perfectly butted up against each other with no seams no polygon costume hollowman but real models(all animated fast with low latency). The degree of precision has also been enhanced? Is this another result of assemblizing the api? I would really like to know in depth what has been done to these drivers because they really are pretty clean. Infact, I think we just crossed another graphical threshold. The games improved but the precision of the images was still a little behind. Now the gaming graphics seem more fitting with the clean glitch free operation of Windows 8(except hangs that can keep you stuck outside of taskmanager and the desktop). This thing renders 40 50 chars on Dota 2 in a battle with effects blazing all over the screen and it doesn't even slow down or lag not even one of the chars they just continue on battling fast as hell at most I could get was 120 frames on Dota 2 maxed at 2560x1440 now I'm getting as high as 166. But to see that much action on a screen and no microlags not even one of the animated characters is something I thought I would never see or many years down the road. Strange to see it today.

4. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Yes Dr. Ricardo I saw, I was running it now ;D

Well idk what I had before with 580gtx, but if I compare it to my old score I got better fps even with lower cpu OC.

Old score with older gpu @930mhz, cpu @ 4.7ghz,

Driver 331.40
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4675175&postcount=5119

Now gpu @ 900mhz, cpu @ 4.6ghz.

[​IMG]

and this cpu bound location, now min ~64fps, before ~58fps while before I also had a little higher cpu OC
    [​IMG]

5. Improv

Improv Guest

GPU:
    Patriot 8gb DDR3 ram
    guys I have another question if you dont mind.

I was thinking of getting windows 8 but not 8.1. my friend who has a external usb headset (same as me) has problems with it in 8.1 and its a good headset so i would rather use 8.0. Will 8.1 in games with this driver be faster or the same as 8.0.

6. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Back to 327.23.

Ran into the Windows Login Black Screen after all.

Will see if NVIDIA has sorted it when the 800 series is out. If not, to the Red side i guess.

7. diamond-optic

diamond-optic Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 970 FTW+
    With my really outdated GPU i'm not expecting to see any difference with these drivers since my card is obviously the bottleneck in my system. But with all the hype about these, there was no reason to not give them a try. I havent updated my drivers in a while so I figured I was overdue for trying a new set (was using 331.93).

It was late last night so I didnt do much after installing them (nor did I do any bench/comparisons with the previous driver I had).

Only thing Ive tried so far was Skyrim for a brief moment (maybe 30 minutes?) and with my system and game setup (220+ mods, enb, etc) its hard to really say if the fps changed any because it fluctuates around quite a bit depending where i am, what im doing, and what else is going on around me. But at the very least I would have to say it didnt go down any and was always at a playable range (and if I turn the fps display off I usually cant tell the difference between 30 and 45+ in this game anyway). And since I didnt reapply my overclock and was just running at stock speeds, its possible I might end up gaining a little once I do. (stock: core 763 / mem 1900 .... OC: core 845 / mem 2010)

Now the following could just be a placebo effect and all in my head, but what I did notice right away with skyrim tho is that the game just feels smoother. I didnt really suffer from any major hitching or pauses in the game, especially since using the enb mem tweaks, SSME, and cleaning out a bunch of old orphaned scripts with the save game script cleaner. But the few things like that I did experience before seemed to be gone now, or at least I didnt notice them at all in a little bit I played with these drivers.

And idk if this is also all in my head, but skyrim seemed to have quicker load times. Much faster to the main menu, definitely noticeable there. But also loading actual saves seemed faster too, but that could easily be just in my head or due to something else.

So while I had no real expectations with this driver for my 460, so far it seems to be an improvement over my previous driver in skyrim. Will have to check out some other games and maybe reinstall my previous driver and do some legit comparing.

But reading through all the pages of this thread (which took forever!) really makes me crave a new card lol. Its not really an option at the moment because in a few weeks I'll be moving for the 2nd time in 3 months and its setting me back quite a bit financially (not that im doing well money wise to begin with haha!). Its actually looking like I might force myself to wait for the 800 series before I grab a new card. My lil 460 has lasted much longer then I planned or expected, but I also dont game as hard as I used to years ago :-\

** tho one funny thing that happened was after uninstalling the previous drivers and rebooting, my monitor wasnt getting a signal. Had me completely confused till finally after maybe 30 minutes of trying a bunch of different things it dawned on me that maybe I had my monitors connected to the wrong ports on the card since the last time I hooked them up. Sure enough i turned on my dusty never used anymore 2nd monitor and there was the output lol.. Felt pretty dumb haha!

8. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Svarog
    Did you give nvidia your gpu bios info yet?

I remember back with early 290.xx I had win7 boot logo corruption - right before it detects gpu, not really a deal breaker, but it was annoying since it didnt happen before, once I gave nv my gpu bios it stopped with next driver release.

9. Mike2004

Mike2004 Member

GPU:
    nVidia/Asus 780 GTX SLI
    Tried these drivers and at the end of every map of BF4 I crashed to desktop so went back to 332.21. I'm wondering if it's related to having SLI.

My second computer in the den the drivers run fine on it. Strange

10. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    NVIDIA doesn't even reply to the thread telling they are working on it.

So i doubt they give a damn.

11. Cyris

Cyris Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080 TI
    Quadro Desktop/Quadro Notebook Driver Release 337

Release Highlights
    • This driver is from the most recent driver release branch, and contains the latest new features and functionality. It has been tested for workstation environments, and is recommended only for those users who need specific features mentioned in the release highlights or release notes. Also known as the Quadro New Feature driver.
    • For the most stable and fully supported enterprise driver please see the main Quadro download section.

New in Release 337.50:

• Nvidia Control Panel
    • Manage GPU Utilization section added to the NVIDIA Control Panel
      Professional Stereo
    • Added ability to control whether swaps can occur per left/right eye pair or at each eye
    • Controlled through the NVIDIA Control Panel->Manage 3D Settings page->Stereo-swap mode setting
      Mosaic
    • Added the capability to create multiple Mosaic topologies on a single GPU
      OpenGL
    • Added support for texture sizes larger than 4 GB
      NvWMI
    • Updated to version 2.17. See Help file for the list of changes
    • Workstation application compatibility fixes. Please read the release notes for more information on product support, feature limitations, driver fixes and known compatibility issues.

For Quadro Notebook:

Quadro Notebook drivers are not supported on Windows Vista 32/64-bit Operating Systems.

This is a reference driver that can be installed on supported NVIDIA notebook GPUs. However, please note that your notebook original equipment manufacturer (OEM) provides certified drivers for your specific notebook on their website. NVIDIA recommends that you check with your notebook OEM about recommended software updates for your notebook. OEMs may not provide technical support for issues that arise from the use of this driver.

Before downloading this driver:

Please check to make sure that your notebook has a supported GPU (refer to the Products Supported tab below).
    It is recommended that you backup your current system configuration. Click here for instructions.
    If you own a Dell Inspiron 1420, Dell XPS M1330, Dell XPS M1530, or Dell Latitude D630/D630c it is highly recommended that you first install this Dell software update.
    Info/Download Nvidia

12. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    Good news for SM2.0 tests (but little SM3.0). I will try but now Win 7 and after XP. :)

13. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    Just open a ticket
    http://surveys.nvidia.com/index.jsp?pi=6e7ea6bb4a02641fa8f07694a40f8ac6

or send PM to manualG with your bios info, Im sure he will do something about it :)

He helped me a couple of times, even though I got the impression he's ignoring me.

14. mbk1969

mbk1969 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GF RTX 4070
    I don`t get why some of gurus want to place shader cache to RAM drive. It will be lost after every power off.

Edit: And if NVidia`s devs will decide to read all cache to RAM then making RAM drive only for placing cache to RAM drive will be pure waste of RAM.

15. nhlkoho

nhlkoho Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080ti FE
    I got a few hundred points lower in the new 3DMark on all tests. I only tried that and played a few games of Dota2 last night but will try more games tonight.

16. TheDeeGee

TheDeeGee Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4070 Ti
    Well, i e-mailed them now.

With my DisplayDiag and VBios and as much info i could share.

17. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Got heavy frame drops and freezes in BF4...yay...again!!!!!

18. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Thank you. I see you've OCed your card but your settings are slightly different from mine.

I'll try at home and see the results.

19. Bradders684

Bradders684 Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 Ti GAMING
    The NV cache folder is always in use for me by Explorer so I don't think CCleaner will be able to delete it. It might delete some of the unused cached files inside it though.

20. Yecnot

Yecnot Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080Ti
    OH NOES! What if we use GameBooster and kill explorer.exe when we run a game? How do we even know if the shadercache is working?!