Samsung Magician 4.3 Release

Discussion in 'SSD and HDD storage' started by PhazeDelta1, Dec 9, 2013.

1. primetime^

primetime^ Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire RX Vega 64
    Thought i would see if doing a system image backup/ booting parted magic and doing enhanced secure erase/ then restoring the image back had any effect on ssd performance.
    I think it helped put it back to brand new::)
    Before:
    [​IMG]
    After:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
  2. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    I have the 840 Pro and I'm a bit confused with the advanced section of "OS Optimization" page. How do you guys have yours configured for best performance? Which ones to Activate or Deactivate? Thanks all.

3. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Nobody? All I want to know is,which of the boxes you have enabled or disabled for fastest performance. Is it better to click "apply all"? I have tried the settings both ways and I don't see ANY difference in performance. Am I doing something wrong? Thanks again all.

4. ESlik

ESlik Guest

GPU:
    EVGA x2 1080 Ti SC Black
    Well,..Thanks anyway.

5. GanjaStar

GanjaStar Guest

GPU:
    MSI 4G gtx970 1506/8000
    I've tested it for a week on my win7 rig.

When it works, its great, but it had deal breaking quirks for me.

I'm playing thief 3 over steam at the moment and with rapid mode on the game would, I guess load to fast and crash instantly :nerd:

I was able to reproduce the issue consistently with rapid mode on.

I felt like starting up an old car in the winter, took a 5+ tries to start the game.

Also, chrome based browsers automatically started using html5 player on youtube instead of flash.

Again, reproduced consistently.

6. zipper

zipper Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 680M
    I used all recommended options except System Restore - I want to have it available without extensive operations with external disks. I didn't expect any noticeable speedup and don't bother to test. Nothing special to report so far.

7. Prod

Prod Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4090 X Trio
    I have been using Rapid mode on my 256 Pro for what seems like about a month or more. I do not have any problems on any games that I have been playing lately. Which are Wildstar, BF4, Steam games DOTA 2, Skyim, and Bioshock Infinite. I do have 16gb of ram, and am running Win 8.1 Pro.

8. mystiky

mystiky Guest

Do I need to run Magician at Startup to keep my RAPID Mode?

I downloaded the latest Samsung Magician v4.3, Enabled the RAPID Mode, had the system reboot and so on and so on...

Looks like it is working as promised (kicks in 90 seconds after my Windows 7 SP1 x64 system is running).

My question: Do I still need to run Magician on every boot as part of the Start-up in order for the RAID Mode to work, or it SSD remembers and does it automatically?

I have the SSD 840 Pro.

9. anticupidon

anticupidon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Polaris/Vega/Navi
    Short answer no.

10. dave11

dave11 Master Guru

GPU:
    AMD RX6800M
    I know this thread is a bit old now but just in case anybody else has the same problem.

If your full-screen games are constantly minimizing to desktop closing Samsung Magician software fixes it for me at least
    (games that I've had trouble with Bioshock:Infinite, Thief(exclusive full-screen setting to on).

Dave

11. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Have that same problem with it open. Took a while to trouble shoot. It doesnt need to be open anyway

12. Dragondale13

Dragondale13 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 AMP! • H75
    Came across this issue too_On boot up, as long as I don't open magician off the tray icon before launching a game it's fine.Once I open it though, the said problem occurs until I close magician in the tray or reboot, weird.It's like it messes with the display driver somehow once the GUI is displayed.