Watch Dogs

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by scatman839, Jun 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Ugh, that looks quite bad. I remember the previous one being better, right? Anyway there are games like Infamous: SS which have a crisp and detailed image quality, and that is only one of the first PS4 exclusive... I think a great part is played by developers' skills... Of course there will always be a tradeoff, if you push details in one direction you are forced to downgrade something else.

2. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    yes but if you're allowed to take your time with it then fine, witcher3 for ex. it's not like it was out a year after part 2. all that eye candy takes time.

3. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    Maybe it's because i'm on my phone, but that was stunning looking.

Really liked the animation as well.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  4. twoodster

twoodster Member Guru

GPU:
    r9 280X
    It looks alright. It just doesn't look anywhere near as good as it did.

5. sertopico

sertopico Maha Guru

GPU:
    Palit Gamerock 4090
    Well, you've just mentioned one of the few examples of excellence... :D

6. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Footage looked pretty good but I can't say I'm blown away.
    My hype for this game has dwindled and the more I think about it the more apparent it is to me that the graphics are not the culprit.

Back in June 2012 the game felt "new" and ambitious. Since then Watch Dogs has been reduced to yet another Ubisoft game.
    The gameplay does not seem to be anything special anymore.

Developpers' skills have nothing to do with the visuals displayed, the fact that Watch Dogs is a cross-gen game is the reason why the downgrade is so apparent.

Had it been next-gen only....Oh well.

7. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    The game looks the same to me as it does in this 2012 E3 trailer.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU7WGAJPRRw

The second half looks great, but only because of the rain and a heavy amount of dof, and we get a similar scene in the new trailer, but it's only a second or so and quickly cut.

8. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    I respectfully disagree. The first footage has much higher quality effect, lighting, DOF, and reflection. The polycount seems much lower as well judging by the environment.
    This is absolutely striking to me.

Maybe Watch Dogs 2.

9. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Really? The E3 2012 version looked better to me, but that's probably because it was run on a PC. This latest trailer is most definitely from the PS4 version if I had to bet money on it..

The final PC version should look much better..

10. Redemption80

Redemption80 Guest

GPU:
    GALAX 970/ASUS 970
    All i'm seeing is better DOF as there isn't much DOF in the new trailer, and i'm assuming most PC gamers don't want a crap load of DOF used in anything other than cutscenes.

Until i see new footage of the exact same scenes form the 2012 trailer i won't be convinced there is technical differences just yet.

11. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    It's almost guaranteed that this footage came from the PS4.. We still have yet to see any new PC footage. Ubisoft is likely keeping that under wraps until they get closer to launch date, to spur console sales..

12. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    According to Jonathan Morin the PC version will still be on par with the E3 2012 trailer but I'm doubtful it's true.

Well I would love to be proven wrong but as per usual in multiplatform games the disparity between SKUs is very subtle if using the same resolution, even on a graphical behemoth like Crysis 3 at very high you can clearly see that the common denominators are 360/PS3.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-crysis-3-face-off

All we can expect is higher quality effects, I will be damned if asset quality undergoes a significant overhaul on PC.

13. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Sharing of assets was a huge problem with cross platform titles. But, with Watch Dogs, I think we'll be surprised.

First off, Ubisoft has a lot riding on Watch Dogs, so they can't afford to screw up. That's why the game was delayed in the first place. To avoid a catastrophic release.

Secondly, the game had the PC as the lead platform. But so did Crysis 3 you might say, a title that suffered from asset downgrading due to last gen consoles.

However, unlike Crysis 3, Watch Dogs is targeted towards the next gen (or current gen now) consoles and PC, rather than the last gen consoles. So the game was built first and foremost with the current gen consoles in mind, rather than the Xbox 360 and PS3.

In fact, early last year Ubisoft publically claimed that the next gen consoles would offer a superior experience and level of immersion compared to last gen consoles:

Watch Dogs to be a magnified experience on next generation consoles..

So with that said, it's easy to see that Watch Dogs was always first and foremost a next gen title..

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Some additional info:

15. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    It is known that Watch Dogs targets next-gen platforms first and foremost (and the fact that the marketing focuses exclusively on those hammers the point) but for all intents and purposes the game very much looks like a cross-gen game.
    Morin talked in great detail how more "dynamic" the city would be in next-gen skus but the issue at hand is purely graphics related.
    The lighting, the material shaders, the texturework, the post-processing effects...Where have they gone ?
    It's staggering how diminished the game looks like after being promised so much.
    It's by no means a repulsive game but this is not the next-gen thrill we are entitled to expect.
    The equalizing policy of Ubisoft pertaining to their multiplatform offerings leads me to be rather pessimistic about the PC version.
    There is not a shadow of a doubt that the PC version will come out on top but will it hold its own against the first unveiling ? I have no reason to give Ubisoft the benefit of the doubt when you compare the PC and console versions of their game, they're extremely similar.
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-12-05-assassins-creed-4-hex-format-comparison-gallery

Until proven otherwise I will assume the PC version of Watch Dogs will be 99% close to what we've been seeing from the PS4 sku, with some token bells and whistles brought to you by Nvidia™, the usual stuff but it would require much, much more to get back to the level of the E3 2012 demo.
    [​IMG]

16. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    We will have to wait until may to figure that out.... It will be a good game, if keep the gameplay as showed.... Will buy it either for PC or PS4 once I get one, UBISOFT has a reputation for poor optimization PC related...

17. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    i would expect the same with this game, same with what we got in far cry 3, which is a downgraded version of the E3 demo, the most obvious reason, this game is a cross gen game, as u said, expect more bells and whistles on pc which will differentiate it from the console versions but not significantly.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    The official recommended specs have not been released yet but the leaked ones strongly suggest an heavily CPU limited game.
    As for the "ultra" specs :
    http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689385

Let's hope that additional optimization passes have been done in the meantime.

19. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 Ti 175W
    Lol that's insane.

20. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Think Will upgrade my CPU to hasswell....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.