Introducing FLEM - The Legacy Modder for legacy DirectX 9 and 10 cards.

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by AmiloMan, Jul 14, 2013.

1. sarunaszx

sarunaszx Guest

GPU:
    ATI xpress 1150 (128mb)
    no, with your driver it was Greyed out and I could not change it.

And modded driver doesn't work with UAC disabled also.
    I found a topic, where many people had this problem, I think it's impossible. Unless I digitally sign it :D

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, well next time you install the driver I would like you to try
    using resolutions that are below your max supported resolution
    As ATI Scaling won't work on your Monitor Native Resolution

3. sarunaszx

sarunaszx Guest

GPU:
    ATI xpress 1150 (128mb)
    okey, I will try that. With your drivers there was Driver signature workaround provided. Would it work with FLEM modded drivers?

4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Nope, that applies only to my driver so it won't work with other drivers. And it applies only Legacy Users.

5. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Dellon could you please keep the 12.11beta driver chatter on your thread.

6. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    To continue discussing the 12.11Beta drivers you can post your replies at
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799&page=126.

For discussions about FLEM drivers post here.

Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
  7. sarunaszx

sarunaszx Guest

GPU:
    ATI xpress 1150 (128mb)
    sorry : ) I can feel some tension between you two :D

8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    There shouldn't be any. Well none that I know of.

9. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    There is no point having any useful ideas around here, or spending any length of time researching and doing any of your own work with modules and .inf's for the purposes of legacy to benefit others. You'll all see in the end, really !

Which is why I stopped my own driver developments long ago after doing "all the work", research, and fixing all the many bugs outstanding, bugs like being the first driver to offer a modified signed windows 8 driver, and the first to figure out how to fix the long standing clock bug, and re-integrate other features which are all there waiting to be found in the history of my abandoned driver threads on here.

They just end up stolen, re-integrated, and re-purposed under the guise of another name into an epic hack and patch monopoly, and while initial credit is given after complaining, this then disappears shortly thereafter when you aren't running from the same page or co-operating, and your thread becomes gate crashed in the search for other ideas to be re-purposed, which means you are effectively working on your project for nothing.

Which finally means you end up doing nothing but ultimately wasting your time. :puke2:

Not that I care, even about the response to this anymore, because nothing's going to get fixed anymore without anything new anyway. It's common sense.

But I wouldn't ever have dreamed of invading TwL's driver thread back then with my own thread because it's simply just bad etiquette.

And I learned that just because you build a better mousetrap than everyone else doesn't mean the world will beat a path to your door, because some other forces are busily at work plagiarising your mousetrap and moving in on your territory to the detriment of yours and the glorification of their own.

While I haven't tried FLEM personally, I for one can at least appreciate what it does, and it's rightful place in the world, the work that went into it, and this thread should concern matters with FLEM and FLEM alone, and people should respect thread privacy and not crash in from other threads with underhand demonstrations of popularising their own thread in order to destroy/sink yet another fledgling legacy project/thread. :infinity:

I for one at least, can fully understand the reasons why Amiloman is so pissed and annoyed, so I'm speaking out for him, because he's probably too nice not to.

Because this kind of behaviour mostly goes unchecked on here since nobody gives a damn about legacy these days.

But when the fingers start to begin to point in a general direction, we get holding up hands of admission of "What? wasn't me your honour, don't know what you mean".

The situation that has now descended for the legacy user base, is well, just completely sad.

At least some of us can still see the woods for the trees.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Kev, Iv'e never recommended my driver but Amiloman did that in my forum while stating my drivers does not work for Windows 8 when it clearly did. Also sarunaszx used my driver before and stated he had a scaling problem. I stated When you install the driver again try lowering your resolution. All I'm doing is giving the user a tip since he clearly said the option was there but greyed out. Kev the only signature you figured out by yourself was in Windows 7 and I'm not using that method. I'm using the Windows 8 method. Previously when you asked me what I did to get the Beta working (released in your forum) I stated, don't touch anything. As for the Muli GPU Clock bug. I already knew the 2D files were the cause of the clock bug but I did not want to implement it since it would mean Having CrossFire Users Test a number of Drivers as I was unable to perform the Teat since I do not own a CrossFire Setup. Therefore When I found
    One of your threads in which you stated any driver above 12.4 is broken
    and Amd has yet to resolve the problem for crossfire users. I decided to restrict the driver into that recommendation with some minor drifting off to 2D files with higher versions.
    Also I've been giving you credit for the HDMI driver when I'm not even using the Driver you specified in one of your driver.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014

11. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Your turn Amiloman....... I,ll be happy to referee!

12. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    I have a photoshop driver error (gpu acceleration disabled), and the resolution 1600x900 doesn't work, and gpu scale is broken, i used a 13.1 legacy driver with 13.12 drivers, im using an Ati radeon HD 4890 PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_9460

13. kevsamiga1974

kevsamiga1974 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 580 SC
    Dellon, look, it's like (and is as simple as) this, so make sure you read it properly this time...

If you want to give people so called "tips" OT of FLEM's thread there *are* private messages you may find really useful for that purpose or your beloved team viewer.

Keep the chatter as Amiloman rightfully requested that is not concerning FLEM directed at your own thread, so as not to derail this one OT nor discredit it, nor promote your driver at FLEM's expense.

What part of his reasoning for requesting this don't you "comprehend" ? It's HIS thread after all not yours, nor mine.

Your now trying to justify and cover up barging in on a thread with your own exploits and hints and "tips" that doesn't concern FLEM in order to drag it into the abyss whilst promoting your own.

See above and quoted below...

How is this not "recommending" your driver ?, giving people a choice between one that works, compared to one that currently doesn't ?

Some choice there....I guess the writing for FLEM users is on the wall. I suppose "other" drivers not working with x64 includes those of mine as well. :)

Recommended seedily by way of the back door. Not much choice there for FLEM users then is there, based on what you didn't claim to "recommend"...but yours is the only one that works anyway right...

A point scoring outing for your monstrosity of a thread, and the destruction of FLEM as any potential competitor in one single posting on a thread that isn't yours...

Nice...

People are not so asleep anymore around here to this "hidden agenda", and are beginning to see how you operate, with the numerous covert crafty invasions and takeovers of all the legacy threads in order to proliferate and promote yours.

So what your saying doesn't really work...And becomes easy to identify why others get so pissed off from being "invaded" for all their work, their time and their efforts, whilst at the same time discredited indirectly due to "mine is the only driver that works" mentality selectively targeted in an alien thread that has no place even being there unless FLEM wasn't alive and kicking. Which it is.

The very fact you even replied at all shows that you are keenly eyeballing this thread for any new "developments" to covet, unlike me who has given up driver development ages ago, has no interest in dissecting FLEM or any other drivers for information, Is hardly around anymore, and has no plans on returning this century, and also doesn't like working for nothing anymore because some of us aren't a fruitcake trying to pull rabbits out of hats using things that don't exist on a platform that is dead.

This is my last statement about it whatever else you write...

Or I am also (unintentionally) derailing this thread and dragging it OT like you have been guilty as charged of originally. :bang:

Now please ppl, the next posts are designed for FLEM only. I have nothing more to say...

(sorry Amiloman)

The end.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014
  14. godknowswhy

godknowswhy Guest

GPU:
    All sorts
    Disappointing to see the 3 main contributers to the needs of Legacy on this forum(and probably the whole net), have their differences. Hope people can get along better in future. Great utility Amiloman(Both Versions).

15. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Your logic is flawed. Those tips does apply to Flem because sooner or later
    Flem will also reach point in which those tips does apply and when it does
    Amiloman will know how to respond to users with those problems. And the fact of knowing things work should give Amiloman motivation to make necessary changes for things to work. I know this because I've often felt discourage when I'm unable confirm whether or not a bug is capable of being resolved. Therefore just knowing the bug can be resolved should be giving Amiloman motivation.

when I said "Other Drivers" I was obviously trying to make sentence less offensive, because I did not want Amiloman to feel offended or take it seriously. That's why the response was quick and short. The reason why you find it offensive is because you are reading deeply into nothing. The response was simply a response meant to be forgotten but you're making it bigger than what it is.

Nope, it simply meant that it won't work. I honestly didn't think about it long enough for the response to have any meaning as I was thinking about how it's currently being used in my driver rather than how Flem would use it. However, if I think how it can be used with the current Flem without any
    modification, it would be as instructed.

Guide to Bypass the Driver Signature for Flem
    While this Guide is Provided as a Workaround for the Driver Signature
    Bug it still requires the User to Disable Driver Enforcement Signature
    but that mostly applies to Windows 8.

1. Cleanup All Installed Drivers. (Using Display Driver Uninstaller)
    2. Install the Driver that you want to use for the Mod (Not the Modded Driver the AMD Official Driver that Supports your Graphic Card) Do not install other Packages. Only install the Display Driver.
    3. Mod the Latest AMD Driver by using the Driver Package that you just
    installed to your System.
    4. Disable Driver Enforcement Signature.
    5. After PC Reboots with Driver Enforcement Disabled. Install the Modded Driver ontop the Already installed AMD Official Driver.
    6. Restart Your Computer to see if the Mod was applied Correctly.

What purpose would it serve for me to dissect Flem? The only reason
    I check up on Flem is simply because it's a mod of interest as it has many
    possibilities. I'm just waiting for it to improve as none the Features currently
    meets my needs. (I would prefer an alternate menu for higher levels of Modding that allows Users to completely Re-work the driver. and Kev, the fact that you try to find fault in everything I say just shows how much hate you have for me. Almost every conversation listed on Guru3D is an argument with your discomfort about something.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2014

16. trocio2

trocio2 Guest

GPU:
    GT 630 1GB DDR3 GK208 Kep
    Hilbert, do something :D

All I can say is that I used driver tools from ankinferno, Amiloman, kev and Dellon and we all should be grateful to them for not forgetting legacy users, something that AMD did.

17. elite69

elite69 Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA rtx 2060 6gb
    sorry dude but yet im that guy with the Toshiba can you atleast help me moding the driver?she instals but 3d driver stays old i just dont know what tho do anymore please a litle help its all i want from you.Its a 4650 but in the end its a 5165 can you see if you can moding if you need some info i guive tho you ok man sorry for the english sometimes ok.
    AmiloMan

18. karnasw

karnasw Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7850 2GB
    I have Windows 8.1 x64 and Mobility HD4570. I'm still getting code 43 in device manager. Drivers are 13.12(browsed in FLEM) modded by 13.1 legacy with full mod checked. I tried option with 7 and 8 basic files(from W86A_INF 13.1 folder). Driver Enforcement Signature is disabled. What am I doing wrong? Before install I'm always using DDU to clean drivers.

19. karnasw

karnasw Guest

GPU:
    AMD HD7850 2GB
    I've tried also to do mod on 13.12 with Legacy Catalyst 13.4 beta and 13.9. Still not working.

Edit:

Driver 14.3 beta was installed correctly when I selected all files from legacy 13.4 beta, but modern camera and video apps not working. Is this apps working for someone?

Another problem is that drivers not working in test mode. I'm always need to choose digital signature disabled manually.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2014
  20. CrazyGenio

CrazyGenio Master Guru

GPU:
    rtx 3090
    anyone know how to get gpu acceleration enabled in photoshop with this driver (photoshop crash alot without it), and adding the 1600x900 res to be added my monitor work in that resolution and with the modded drivers i can't set my desired resolution.
    Im using 13,4 beta legacy modded with 13,12 driver in my amd 4890 card VEN_1002&DEV_9460