MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 18 Expires 3/28/14 - No new Beta available for GTX 780

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by idahosurge, Mar 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. idahosurge

idahosurge Member

GPU:
    GTX 1080 Ti Amp Ext
    I have a 4770K and a GTX 780. From what I understand the GTX 7XX cards require MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 11 or higher.

The latest MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 18 expires on 3/28 and after 3/28 it will not work.

I just checked and there is not a beta after 3.0.0 Beta 18 available.

Does anyone know if MSI is going to release a new beta before this expires?

Is there anyway I can make Beta 18 work after 3/28?

2. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Try precision made by unwiner too.

3. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    This is the official word from the developer of MSI Afterburner:
    To answer your second question, no, there isn't. The beta will expire on March 28 and there's nothing you can do about it. If you're using an NVidia based card, eVGA Precision will work as well.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Oh ffs relax

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I am relaxed...

6. southamptonfc

southamptonfc Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Having an expiration date on the software is stupid, this kind of thing was bound to happen eventually.

I have an MSI card, if this happens, it's a huge support fail from MSI.

7. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

You can always stay with other graphics card vendor. ASUS update their tool once per year with close to zero changes list, if not less frequently. So does SAPPHIRE. So does EVGA. No other vendors besides MSI actively develop NEW software features FOR YOU and allow you to take part in testing and polishing new functionality directly during development stage. But in the end it is huge MSI fail. Those who post it are deadly stupid, sorry. Probably you have to lose something to start appreciating it.

8. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Riiiiight go on the offensive to your customers because you have screwed up. What a great attitude! Sounds like you are encouraging me to not buy MSI next time. Your advice is noted - do your managers see the stuff you write on here?!?!

No other vendors are stupid enough to put an expiration date on the only version of their software that properly supports the card that I paid good money for! Some developers are deadly stupid, sorry.

If you want some constructive criticism.... disable the expiration date for the current beta and re-release.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
  9. Spets

Spets Guest

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Hope everything settles down in your part of the world Unwinder, all the best and take your time.

10. Unwinder

Really? I think I know EVGA Precision update process a bit better than you. Migrate to it, it updates much more intensively than stupid MSI software.

11. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    It's not hard to google and find that you're wrong, EVGA Precision version history, 4 released in the past year - NONE OF WHICH EXPIRE FOR NO GOOD REASON!

You continue to ignore the key issue here - The Beta version is the only one that supports my MSI graphics card and it was a bad decision to give is an expiration date. You can't accept that MSI made a mistake here and your attitude towards paying customers is shocking.

Customers generally do not care about how often software is updated. The primary need for a customer is that the software works! I would never update my version of Afterburner if it didn't force me to. Why update when I have a perfectly working piece of software?

I'm sure you are proud about how many updates (none of which has made any difference to my user experience) you have produced recently, however by forcibly removing it from our computers, you have pretty much ruined all your hard work.

--------------------------------------

Version 4.2.1

Release: 07/18/2013
    •Fixed bug with voltage tuner not saving voltage on reboot
    •RivaTuner Statistics Server distributive has been upgraded to version 5.2.0

Version 4.2.0

Release: 05/23/2013
    •New Default Skin, legacy skins are available from the Options > User Interface tab
    •Improved NVAPI access layer architecture with better extendibility
    •Improved hardware monitoring module architecture with better extendibility
    •Added temperature limit, power limit, voltage limit, maximum overvoltage limit and GPU utilization limit graphs to hardware monitoring module for release 320 and newer NVIDIA driver. The graphs help you to understand the reasons of realtime performance limitations (e.g. limiting performance due to reaching power target) on GPU Boost compatible graphics cards
    •Added framebuffer, video engine and bus controller usage graphs to hardware monitoring module
    •Added generic NVAPI videomemory usage monitoring for NVIDIA graphics cards unattached to Windows desktop (e.g. dedicated PhysX accelerators)
    •Updated power reporting for release 320 and newer NVIDIA drivers. Now EVGA Precision X reports normalized total power according to NVIDIA recommendations
    •Now RivaTuner Statistics Server installer is being started by EVGA Precision X installer to make installation process easier for beginners. The server distributive is being copied to .\Redist\RTSSSetup.exe during EVGA Precision X installation, so you may always install it later if necessary
    •Added workaround for missing tray icon when starting application while EXPLORER.EXE is not responding
    •Application tray icon is now being restored after restarting EXPLORER.EXE
    •Build number is now displayed in “i” window and in application tray icon tooltip
    •Localizable installer files for third party translators are now included in distributive in .\SDK\Localization\Installer folder
    •RivaTuner Statistics Server distributive has been upgraded to version 5.1.2:***9702;Added update checking system
    ***9702;Added version checking system to installer. Now the installer is giving you a warning when you’re trying to install older or reinstall currently installed version of the server
    ***9702;Added client notification system to installer. Now the installer is notifying client applications like EVGA Precision in the end of the server installation process to allow the clients to restart themselves
    ***9702;Added workaround for missing tray icon when starting application while EXPLORER.EXE is not responding
    ***9702;Application tray icon is now being restored after restarting EXPLORER.EXE
    ***9702;Fixed issue with newly added profiles not being automatically selected in the profiles list
    ***9702;Added keyboard navigation support for profiles list
    ***9702;Added On-Screen Display profile for Medal of Honor: Allied Assault
    ***9702;Improved reboot notifications for locked files installation/uninstallation
    ***9702;Now RivaTuner Statistics Server prevents attempts to start application without rebooting the system in case of using delayed locked files update scenario during installation
    ***9702;Added screen capture support for fullscreen Direct3D7 and DirectDraw applications (windowed mode is not supported). Please take a note that DirectDraw and Direct3D7 hooking is disabled by default in global profile, it is recommended to enable DirectDraw and Direct3D7 hooking at application profile level instead of enabling it globally
    ***9702;Build number is now displayed in application tray icon tooltip
    ***9702;Localizable installer files for third party translators are now included in distributive in .\SDK\Localization\Installer folder
    ***9702;Updated profiles list

•Now RivaTuner Statistics Server version is displayed in “i” window
    •Now it is possible to override group names for values displayed in the On-Screen Display or in Logitech keyboard LCD display
    •“Show system time” option now longer depend on On-Screen Display header or any hardware monitoring item visibility

Version 4.1.0

Release: 04/05/2013
    •On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 5.0.1:***9702;The server is no longer being distributed as a part of client applications like EVGA Precision. Now it comes with own installer and can be optionally installed when necessary. EVGA Precision will automatically hide any server dependent functionality (such as On-Screen Display, framerate monitoring, automatic 2D/3D profiles management, screen capture and so on) when the server is not installed
    ***9702;Ported to new VC++ compiler, new core and skin engine libraries with better extendibility
    ***9702;Slightly redesigned skin. Now framerate limiting and custom Direct3D runtime libraries support can be controlled directly from the main window
    ***9702;Updated RTSSSharedMemorySample sample code. Now the sample demonstrates how to detect the server installation path and launch the server from a third party client application
    ***9702;Fixed color sequence pattern for NVIDIA FCAT system under Direct3D10 and Direct3D11
    ***9702;Added alternate FCAT rendering modes for multi-GPU systems
    ***9702;Added On-Screen Display profile for Doom 3: BFG edition
    ***9702;Updated Italian localization

•Updated EVGA Voltage Tuner utility***9702;K-Boost no longer requires system reboot after enabling
    ***9702;K-Boost can now be enabled with SLI enabled

•Updated EVGA PixelClock overclocking utility***9702;GUI Error fix
    ***9702;Now shows real time Pixel Clock and Refresh Rate

•Updated EVGA Bridge utility***9702;Bugfixes

•Recompiled kernel mode driver to bypass false positive in driver verifier
    •Includes EVGA GeForce GTX TITAN Skin

Version 4.0.0

Release: 02/21/2013
    •Added NVIDIA GPU Boost 2.0 technology support for NVIDIA TITAN graphics cards:***9702;Added slider for temperature target adjustment
    ***9702;Added option for linked power target and temperature target adjustment
    ***9702;Added option for temperature target prioritizing
    ***9702;Default EVGA Precision X 3 skin is included as legacy skin for backward compatibility with NVIDIA Kepler graphics cards

•EVGA VoltageTuner has been upgraded to version 3.7 with NVIDIA TITAN graphics cards support.
    •Added new bundled EVGA PixelClock overclocking utility to distributive
    •Now “Sync” button is invisible on single GPU systems
    •Now bottom settings panel can be hidden
    •Now properties window is resizable to provide compatibility with low-resolution desktops (less than 1280×1024 with 100% DPI)
    •Added frametime graph to hardware monitoring module. The graph is displaying the maximum frame time on each sampling period and it is useful for detecting microstutters, which are invisible on averaged framerate graph
    •Removed obsolete shader clock monitoring for NVIDIA Kepler graphics cards
    •All documentation is now provided in PDF format
    •Improved skin engine, now skinned slider controls support curved paths defined by alpha channel. Skin format reference guide has been updated to v1.6 to document new slider types support
    •Dynamic SLI indicator is no longer rendered on mobile systems to improve performance on NVIDIA Optimus based laptops
    •Updated context help system
    •Added Portuguese, Spanish and Traditional Chinese localization
    •Updated Russian localization
    •EVGA On-Screen Display server has been upgraded to version 4.5.0. New version gives you the following improvements:***9702;Added On-Screen Display support for Direct3D 10 applications in Windows 8
    ***9702;Added German localization
    ***9702;Updated profiles list

12. Pepa1

Pepa1 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia
    Question 1: Evga Precision 4.2.1. will work with the latest RivaTuner Statistics Server 6 beta?
    Question 2: Is RivaTuner Statistics Server 6 beta also time-limited program?
    Question 3: Discuss how to seriously tackle this (alternative program)? NVIDIA Inspector?

He reads this forum anyone from MSI and how to build?? Or should we stop buying MSI Gaming series??

13. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    This seems to be the message we're getting here!

We don't have any choice because your software wont exist in 7 days time!

14. Unwinder

If you were able to Google at least a bit better, you'd find out that I'm developer of EVGA Precision as well and you just quoted me my own release notes, genius. Don't try to make yourself looking stupid further.
    EVGA has NO time limited betas because it has no public beta testing program at all and close to zero active development of new functionality, which causes opposite disappointment from its user base. Keep lying and blaming MSI, and we'll keep developing MSI tool, add features (none of which has made any difference to your user experience) the way we see it.

15. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    Your straw manning is pathetic. Why don't you just address the real issue here, you screwed up.

I will write it again

The Beta version is the only one that supports my MSI graphics card and it was a bad decision to give it an expiration date. You can't accept that MSI made a mistake here and your attitude towards paying customers is shocking.

Remove the ******** expiration date and re-release, it's not difficult!

16. Unwinder

One more polite "you screwed up" or "Remove the ******** expiration date and re-release" and you'll leave this place, take it as the first and the last warning.
    Beta versions will ALWAYS expire, like it or dislike it, you cannot change it. Trying to solve it with personal attacks won't help you.

17. southamptonfc

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 OC
    You started with the personal insults.

If you want to ban me for pointing out the obvious mistakes you (I mean MSI made) then fine, everyone will see your actions for what they are, a childish response to completely valid criticism.

If you don't want to disable the expiration date, just re-release the current version with a new expiration date, it's very easy.

Removing Afterburner from the public domain is a mistake but not as big a mistake as being so rude to paying customers! Maybe I will get a bit more sense from MSI support.

18. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    what's the last driver we can use before this one?
    is there a 64 bit support driver before this one we can use?, wanna take some screenies in bf4.

19. Unwinder

Closed. Some geniuses are unable to understand that there are no MSI reps here at Guru3D, so it is deadly unproductive to demand something with "you screwed up" and "you failed" style and try to hide it behind "constructive criticims". The only thing you can achieve this way is seeing no new betas with new functionality at all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.