AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I totaly agree with you mates about the "way" AMD faces the problems with their drivers...

I used to be a nvidia user and finally changed to the red team because of their exorbitant prices (price/fps ratio is a lot better in AMD) and the stupid way they think they are the best of the best :puke2:...but I have to admit their drivers support is light years ahead from AMD :bang:...

and its something that I cant really understand...how a great enterprise as AMD is such an incompetent contender in that respect :confused:...all good engineers are in nvidia or what?? ALL of them???...they cant solve the BRUTAL problems that ALL of their most advanced customers have in their stars products?? its a nonsense...

I could wait for a ****ing driver an entire month (when the contenders have done 3), but then, it MUST work perfectly!!!!!!...and thats not something that they dont know, as there are tons of people in forums complaining about the same single thing!! they dont have a ****ing guy just to read forums to tell them what people are complaining about??what the people NEEDS??? so they can improve in that specific area...bull****, they care a ****ing ****

Last edited: Mar 18, 2014
  2. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Never had an issue with Amd drivers. Tbh they always work fine.

3. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    They're amazing until you find yourself with the issue of the moment, then you gotta silently wait for their good will to fix it.

The 290's vsync/sound bug makes most games unplayable to me, and I can't play without vsync because tearing gives me huge headaches.

Literally over a thousand dollars WASTED, all while watching AMD ignore the matter while preaching how great BF4 and Mantle is. I am not a happy camper. My brother bought a single 780 and is happily gaming in a true plug-and-play fashion, 0 issues.

Nvidia already have a titanfall driver, while AMD didn't even announced anything yet. It's ridiculous to say the least.

4. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    Nvidia support is not THAT good. I've just moved from a Fermi Geforce 560Ti to a Radeon 290 and with nvidia I also had so many bugs, including pink screens, BSODs and drivers stopped responding, couldn't use hw accel on my browser, and almost burned my card because of a driver. Bugs are present on both vga makers, and both can be irritating sometimes, and it's a part of PC gaming since my first 486 dx2 66Mhz.

Be patient, they'll fix things sometime.

5. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    TitanFall works fine here on 14.2 granted only on Single GPU but works fine. Not had the Sound bug has I use 120hz monitor and dont play with Vsync.

6. dox_aus

dox_aus Master Guru

GPU:
    MSi 290 Gaming CF
    Yeh I'd be kinda pissed with my r9 290's and vsync sound bug if i didnt have a 120hz monitor in which tearing is fairly tolerable compared to having it off at 60hz.

7. SlackerITGuy

SlackerITGuy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE Radeon R9 Fury
  8. shredderman

shredderman Active Member

GPU:
    Galax RTX 3060 12GB
    Switching back and forth between the red team and green isn't going to solve your problems at all. To be fair neither side are perfect, so is it the right idea to switch to a different GPU from a different manufacture like a chick changing from one pair of shoes to the other? No, in fact it may even make your situation worse and in fact why go through all that trouble when you can be patient and actually report all of your problems instead of giving up and complaining over nothing; I really don't understand the mindset behind it, it's disgusting.

Stop going through it like one side is a better side than the other like it's a contest or a one sided argument, it doesn't actually work that way.

First you must look at what you need, stop being a bigot and a spoiled little child and just stick to one thing. The next thing you do is make a budget, stick to that budget and stop complaining left and right, it's worse than complaining about what car you drive or what shoes you wear, it should be based on a necessity. Not only are you wasting your own time with this sort of non-sense, but you're wasting our time and clogging up forum after forum or website with "ohhh, I want to switch to this now, blah blah blah" and then ten minutes after getting it go "ohhhh, it doesn't come with that special bumper sticker, RMA!!!!!!! GRRRR"

Stop that, if you have an actual problem, don't hesitate to talk about that problem, if it's a personal problem/opinion, it's not our problem. It's your choice which GPU you choose, don't bring that other sort of useless, endless and pointless argument here. Jeez, I swear this gets worse every year.

I'll give you an example in case I didn't make myself clear.

Actual problem *Insert Genuine Sticker of Approval here*

Useless bigotry *Tramp stamp of shame here*

Stop this, you're not helping anything here and it's better if you kept this nonsense to yourself. :bang: <-- Me after reading your satanic plague speech from hell.

9. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    So, that means we'll have a new driver later today? :frown:

10. Pyrage

Pyrage Master Guru

GPU:
    580 CF@ 1470
    Maybe people get angry because they spend a lot of work and money to get those high end setups.

After taxes, I've spend 1700$ which are way more expensive in my country, thinking that I was buying a high end card with high end support to it, and what i got was over 2 months of waiting for something that it stops me from using them properly.

It's like if you buy a car that looks and feels perfect in the beggining only to find out that the car is broken and that someone will come to fix your car "soon" while weeks pass by, and oh, you can't refund it either.

Maybe you've never done something like that in your life, but I've waited and saved money for quite a long time to be able to buy those cards, only to have a lot of issues from it and no hope for fixes.

11. kakarot

kakarot Maha Guru

GPU:
    pny rtx 4090
    Whoops wrong thread

12. sapo_joe

sapo_joe Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS TUF RTX4090 OC
    I live in the same country as you, and also spent much money on my rig.

But don't believe that if you have bought nVidia you'd be free of problems either. Also, you would have spent like TWICE the money to have the same performance, and still would have some bugs to deal with.

So... If you're here to bash AMD hardware and hail nVidia's you'll end up being treated just like the next nvidia fanboy (or, nvidiot, as we call them).

Chill out and go test the new drivers!

13. Elder III

Elder III Guest

GPU:
    6900 XT Nitro+ 16GB
    So, has anyone had the issue where your Eyefinity Group settings all disappear after a reboot? I updated from 13.12 to 14.2 a few days ago and everytime I reboot my computer I have to recreate the Eyefinity group, something I did not have to do with 13.12 - thoughts?

14. VMax Tuner

VMax Tuner Guest

GPU:
    PNY GeForce 3090
    These suck again for BF4 on my 6990 like all BETA 14 drivers so far (14.1, 14.2 and now 14.3). It always crashes to desktop after few seconds of gameplay and eventlog says always "atidxx64.dll" is to blame. I used the BETA 13.30 RC3 for BF 4 and are always running great with them but since I bought THIEF I gave the BETA 14.3 a try because of
    the CFX profile only to find out that CFX is not working in THIEF for me (2nd GPU only at
    40% during gameplay) and BF4 still crashing. Going back to Beta 13.30 RC3. To me it seems since Mantle was released AMD is not giving a Sh!t about other issues anymore.
    I hope its getting better soon!

Cheers!

P.S.: Before anyone starts YES I USED DDU 12.4 and DID a clean install like
    I always do!

15. evasiondutch

evasiondutch Guest

GPU:
    2x-MSI gaming 290x 4gb OC
    No problems with AMD drivers and my vsync and sound are fine.
    Must be your faulty rigs and bad installs and handeling your PC, maybe consoles is answer for you guys:D...no hassle with drivers.

Nvidia have plenty problems sometimes even more then Nvidia thats why i don't believe most of you your just Nvidia guys who hate AMD.

I seriously doub you AMD complainers have AMD card you just like to discredit or demonize AMD becouse your problems seems not effecting me thats strange is it?

AMD drivers work fine.

Maybe most you should go back to nvidia then leave AMD its in your mind AMD failed becouse of your green bug in your brains:p

16. pesadel0

pesadel0 Guest

GPU:
    Ati 6990
    Not to burst your bubble mate but allot are having problems with this drivers , if you are having a good time with this drivers all and good , but some of us are having issues and we installed them properly .

17. NBAasDOGG

NBAasDOGG Guest

Hello gens,

I have installed the new 14.3 but my FPS still drops to 40 in battlefield 4 when Vsyncs is enabled. My Carls are 2x HD7970 crossfiee. Did they really fix the vsync issue?

Pls someone help, i really can't believe that mantel still not works afther 2 months...

18. kitch9

kitch9 Guest

GPU:
    XFX 7990 3GB
    You only have 1 gpu why do you need so many drivers? List these horrible problems you are having.

AMDs single gpu drivers have been as good as Nvidias for quite a while, I'm not sure that they are quite there with the speed of getting multi gpu drivers out yet but again they are much better and now frame pacing is being focused on they perform similarly to Nvidia also.

The cynic in me sometimes thinks Nvidia re-release the same drivers with a different packaging number when new games are released for single GPU's just to make themselves look proficient.

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    *edit*

never mind... xD

20. SwissCh33z3

SwissCh33z3 Guest

GPU:
    AMD/Sapphire R9/290 Ref
    Holy crap...

First of all I just want to say thanks to all of the long time "guru's" here that have been contributing to these forums for years.. I can't even begin to tell you how many times I have found exactly what I needed to get past an issue I was having by simply coming here. Plenty of drivers for literally any piece of hardware you might be in possession of. (not just video drivers!)

And just for all of you out there praising nvidia's drivers.. I remember when BFBC2 was released.. the day before it came out the green team released a driver that had a fan bug in it... COOKED my 9800gx2 while at the windows log in screen while i was taking a shower... COOKED... the smell when i walked into my room.. lol..

I still love coming here to check out what the latest drivers have to offer.. I went from a gtx580 to my 290 and it has been amazing for bf4 .. the graphics engine is brain bending beauty and beauty is in the eye of the beholder...

Last but not least.. thru the years.. a particular saying has proven its meaning over time... especially when it comes to driver updates...that would be...

"IF IT AINT BROKE, DON'T TRY AND FIX IT" ... :)

Cheeze out