Motherboard with 2 x USB3.0 headers

Discussion in 'Processors and motherboards Intel' started by jeked, Jan 18, 2014.

1. jeked

jeked Guest

GPU:
    2x Gigabyte GTX 580 1.5GB
    Hi guys,

Need help here once more regarding picking a motherboard. I was looking about 6 months ago for a new motherboard that while not only supporting SLI for 2 x gigabyte geforce gtx 580 rev 2's but also had dual USB 3.0 headers on the board.

I found the perfect board, the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z but couldnt afford it at the time.

6 moths later i have the money but i'm no longer able to find it on the Australian market.

So here is the question.
    1. Does anyone know in Australia where i can get my hands on the Maximus IV Extreme-Z?

2. If not can anyone recommend another good mobo that has dual USB 3.0 headers, is a LGS1155 socket and is a decent board for the price as the current version Maximus V Extreme costs $450.

If there isnt a better board I can buy the Asus Max. V but i would rather something a little cheaper without all the added features that ill probably never use.

Thanks as always for your help,
    Jeked

2. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    Check out Gigabyte boards, my cheapish board has 2x USB 3 headers and 2x USB 2 hearders. I don't know what sites you use in Aus so not much point me recommending a specific model as it might not be sold.

3. jeked

jeked Guest

GPU:
    Thanks for the quick reply.

I have had a quick look at Gigabyte(although they have a really difficult part spec filter) and found a few now it comes down to a comparison.

If you were to recommend a model could you please, worst case is that they done have the model here and i have something to start from :)

Kind regards,
    JohnC.

Edit 1: With a little more looking wasn't that hard :/ don't know how i failed last night. Going to go get a G1.Sniper 3 from somewhere that has it for around $370 locally i believe unless someone can recommend something better in the next couple days ...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2014
  4. kindred

kindred Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB
    The Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z is quite pricey here in the UK (£229). There's quite a few newer motherboards that support Nvidia SLIx2 PCIE Rev 3.0 and 2x USB3 headers. Have you looked at motherboards with the Z77 chipset.

Try these: all support Nvidia SLI and have 4xUSB3

Asus P8Z77-V LK Motherboard £177
    AsRock Fatal1ty Z77 Professional Motherboard £150
    AsRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard £89
    GA-Z77X-UD3H Motherboard £145
    GA-Z77X-D3H Motherboard £120

There's loads of good motherboards that use the Z77 chipset and have everything you need. Look on Amazon.

5. jeked

jeked Guest

GPU:
    Hi Kindred,

Thanks for the reply and sorry for the slow response.

I regards to these suggestions, I had seen a few but not all the motherboards.

Unfortunately none of these done meet my requirements as they all only have the 1 USB 3.0 head at midboard that will allow front panel USB 3.0. (Have a need for 4 USB 3.0 USB ports)

After i did some more looking i also note that the Asus Maximus IV Extreme-Z also only has the 1 USB 3.0 header so im now back to the Gigabyte G1 Sniper 3 board as the only solution that offers the 2 x USB 3.0 headers and dual SLI Nvidia at dual x16 bandwidth....Or step up to the Maximus V Extreme and sacrafice one x16 bandwith dor a x16/x8 or dual x8 combo.

6. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
  7. jeked

jeked Guest

GPU:
    Sorry somehow missed this reply.

This board looks awesome. Im looking for it in Australia right now but its not ub any of my usual stores or listed in staticice. he only one i have found (so far) is on eBay for $750 (Which ill buy if i can't find anything else.

Would you recommend i switch CPU or will i not notice the difference with 2 x Gigabyte GTX 580 (SLI)?

8. tr4l1975

tr4l1975 Guest

GPU:
    sapphire RX480 8GB OC
    I doubt you'd notice a difference. I just switched cpu's because it bugged me knowing my gen3 graphics card was using 2.0. I didn't notice any difference in BF4 once I switched it.

9. jeked

jeked Guest

GPU:
    Thank you. Ill also upgrade but not sure i can afford the $750 + the CPU upgrade :O

Any other takers for thoughts on current motherboards?

10. Lived in the Central Coast, NSW for about a year. I used ebay.au, Mwave has an au site too "http://www.mwave.com.au/" And this one's good "http://www.pccasegear.com/" Now your particular board in question's harder to find in AUS. All I could find were ebay postings like this one http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/like/111...e&hlpv=2&ops=true&viphx=1&hlpht=true&lpid=107 Looks like it's shipped from the US too but it's posted on ebay.au

I found this guy on an AU site, Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7. Looks solid and close to some of the price ranges of what you're looking for. http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=138_1183&products_id=21565

EDIT: looks like tr4l1975 already had the same idea.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014

11. jeked

jeked Guest

GPU:
    Hey K.S.,

Thanks for the reply here. I have been looking at getting the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP7 to replace my existing Asus P8Z68-V Pro mainboard since tr4l1975 suggested it. A the same time im going for a modular PSU to de-clutter and replacing the side panel of my CoolerMaster HAF 932 case with dual perspex windows, hinged in slightly off center. The Mobo will look get in there so win/win/win :)

Thanks all for help and especially tr4l1975 and K.S. for final solution.

Kind regards,
    Jeked

12. No worries! Glad you found a solution

13. alanm

alanm Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080
    Virtually any board released within last couple years should have USB3 headers. Even budget boards.

14. Andrew LB

Andrew LB Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1080@2,025
    My Asrock z87 Extreme4 has 2x internal pin usb 3.0 headers, 1x internal USB 3.0 port, and 4x USB 3.0 rear ports.