Titanfall deals?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by DSparil, Mar 4, 2014.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Everyone's heard about Respawn's Titanfall soon to be released, but has anyone come across any deals on a pre-order or some form of sale for release? I saw GMG was doing $10 off a pre-order a while back but the damn thing expired so fast, I didn't even have a chance to do it!

2. Bukkake

Bukkake Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 8GB
    ive only seen them discounted at key reseller websites. dont trust them enough to use them

3. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Mexican VPN purchase via Origin is by far the cheapest. £24.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    That doesn't work if you're already located in North America.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Why is that?

6. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Hell if I know. But if I connect to a European VPN, then connect through a mexican Proxy it'll work.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    ^ Yeah, unfortunately that doesn't sound like an option lol. I am pretty interested in the game but don't want to shell out what they're asking, especially if its just for a digital download and I get nothing with it. I'll keep an eye out for something but may end up waiting for a price drop on it.

8. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    titanfall is basically is cod with jetpacks, i don't get that much hype around it, aesthetically it looks awful.

9. scrapser

scrapser Master Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 Ti
    Saw an ad for this game on TV last night. It looks like a cross between Battlefield and Transformers. I think it was the console version because you could see screen prompts telling you what buttons to push as you play. But then again maybe it's the PC version. It's hard to tell anymore.

Either way screen prompts kill a game for me. It's called ruining the "suspension of disbelief". The same as when watching an intense movie and suddenly you see the microphone hanging over the actors' heads or something dumb like that.

10. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080

11. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    If you haven't played the beta or anything, i wouldn't speak about it before you play it.

To start..... aesthetically... it looks quite nice. Yea, it's no BF4 in terms of destruction or grass down to every last detail, but for the style of game (futuristic mech/infantry fighting) it's quite nice, and doesn't distract you from the gameplay.

As for the gameplay..... i'd have to say it's FAR from "CoD with jetpacks". First of all, you don't have a "jetpack" of any sort. You can't really fly around at all. Creatively jumping is about the limits of "flight". You can double jump up to a wall, run along it, and jump/double jump again to another wall. But you can't endlessly soar through the air in any way (at least not in the beta). I think it works quite well, and gives you a MUCH less predictable means of approaching a hot zone. Not just "walk down this corridor" or "go through this doorway into this building". If you know where someone is hiding, you can run up a bit up the wall of an adjacent building and jump into a window behind the guy. If you know there's a wall of gunfire waiting for you around the next bend, you can scale the building with some creative jumping while the not-so-skilled are essentially being bait, and attack from above. Makes the idea of camping a bit more difficult when you can't just watch a staircase.

Now as for PLAYING the game..... it doesn't really seem to get boring. Was only able to play the beta they had a little bit ago for a few days (literally like 2 or 3 days), and was PISSED when i found out it was only like a 1-week beta and it had ended already. Even with the VERY limited weaponry available in the beta (1 type of each gun, and one style of Titan with 3 different weapon choices) and select few "perks", the gameplay itself is what made it interesting.

You may be saying "Oh, but the Titans are overpowered. People will just camp in them." Nope. I mean yea, a shot from the grenade launcher or rocket salvo from a Titan is enough to kill you in one shot, if not close to it. But every single pilot has an Anti-Titan weapon (In the beta could use either a lock-on rocket launcher or a rapid firing.... best way i can put it.... mini-missile launcher), you can also double jump up to or jump off a building onto the Titan's back, which causes you to open a hatch where you can just blast away at it with your primary weapon and take one down fairly quickly. You can call in a Titan every 3 minutes, and killing other pilots can reduce that time by a small amount, but i've already played rounds and didn't call in a single one, and still did fairly well.

I've already pre-ordered it on Origin. Kinda wish i'd waited a single day so i could have gotten the $10 off thing at GMG, but i'd say it's worth the $59.99. And i'd have done the whole thing with using a mexican proxy which could have gotten me the game for close to $20 cheaper, but i've also heard some serious drawbacks to doing that, such as the possibility of no longer being able to buy any game or anything on your Origin account.

12. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Not in motion :nerd:

13. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    how big is the game, does anyone have a presumption?

14. Arbold

Arbold Guest

GPU:
    GTX1070 Zotac Amp Extreme
    Go for mexican vpn. Works just fine. :)

15. Denial

Denial Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080
    When people say "COD with Jetpacks" i think they are mostly referring to the shooting/aiming/movement system they employ. The shooting is definitely very similar to COD as oppose to a game like CS. And after logging hundreds of hours in MW1 and playing pretty much the entire beta week of Titanfall, it definitely feels extremely similar to COD in movement as well. The pace of the game is significantly faster mainly due to wall running and stuff, but yeah. I think COD with Jetpacks is pretty accurate. Personally I feel like the game is going to get boring quickly. There doesn't seem to be room for much of a learning curve, similar to how COD was. It's fun, but I don't think many people will be playing it 5-6 years from now.

16. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I was considering some of these things before making my purchase and sadly, there is no way to tell how the player base will last with such a title. I think this one would stick around more than your typical arena style shooter, and I wouldn't be surprised to see the servers full a year from release. It also seems like the type of game they could release mod packs or expansions for, to keep things alive.

The main draw for me is the Titan combat, as it looks pretty bad ass with all of the weapons, shield and control options available. Just the added strategy of battle with those vs other titans and foot soldiers is sure to make MP interesting and fun as hell. I couldn't help but have some flashbacks to Lost Planet though, as the Titans remind me a lot of those; just more advanced.

17. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    well, apparently they're already planning DLC (already offering a Season Pass for future DLC akin to other shooters). Right now they're only saying it's going to be map packs, but there will probably be more with it, and they won't say until they're closer to release (like any other expansion tends to be). Apparently it's launching with 15 maps.... which considering other shooters..... is pretty damn impressive.

and Denial.... i don't think there are very many games that people play anywhere close to 6 years after release, ESPECIALLY a number of people worth mentioning. Is it highly likely to even really be playing Titanfall 2-3 years after release? Nobody knows yet. Do i feel like, after playing the beta, it's worth the $60 for how much fun THAT was with how limited an arsenal of weapons was available? Most definitely. I haven't even played Ghosts as much as i've played Titanfall already.... and that's saying something.

And how many shooters actually HAVE a learning curve? Battlefield is the only one i can think of, and that's only in regards to sniping and using aircraft. And now with the DMR's in BF4, even sniping tends to be a lot of spray-n-pray for those who can't ACTUALLY snipe with a sniper rifle. Don't see how the shooting in CS is any different from CoD to be honest. There isn't any bullet travel delay in either game. Maps aren't even big enough to make any sort of bullet drop worth mentioning even if it DID. And how can you say movement is "extremely similar" to CoD, and in the very next sentence say "The pace of the game is significantly faster due to wall running and stuff"? You're basically just contradicting yourself. I don't think there's really any similarity between CoD and Titanfall gameplay wise besides how guns behave. Camping won't be nearly as easy as i already mentioned. They won't have the luxury of being able to place a claymore at the top of a flight of stairs and wait til they hear a loud BOOM to know that someone might be right behind them, because they could just as easily approach from the rooftop.

18. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    actually i play cs go and cod , the shooting is very different btw the two, and the lurning curve of cs go is much much harder than cod shooting.
    in cs go you always have to aim downwards at the feet from middle range. and so on.

19. Darren Hodgson

Darren Hodgson Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA RTX 4080 FE
  20. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Hmm, I'm not familiar with that site but it sounds like a good deal. Can this be used in other countries or is it restricted to England?