Russian tourist left with horrific injuries after being attacked by mob in India

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by (.)(.), Feb 28, 2014.

1. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Warning - Graphic images in link

Please remember that i didnt post this news to cause a debate over whose worse, just simply disgusted at what happened and thought getting this out there a bit more may help this reach the mainstream news if its not there already.

Spread it, facebook it, what eves the internet does, this guy needs help regardless of what country is more violent than the other.

For those not wanting pictures

http://www.wblxlocal.com/national/1...r-being-attacked-by-mob-in-mandrem-india.html

This is messed up, i dont care what your customs or beliefs are, theres no excuse for this.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  2. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    Some countries need too get out of the middle ages..

3. isidore

isidore Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080TI GamingOC
    man, this is stupid as f*ck..this is why i only go on vacations to civilized country.

4. AndreasGuido

AndreasGuido Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    That is horrible. Dont know why but recently there are a lot of bad news coming from India! sort it out guys!

5. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    You can't label an entire country over one incident. To do so is stupid in the extreme as every country on the planet has its fair share of prejudice and criminality.

6. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    True, but you got to admit that in some countries these kind of horrific things happen just too often. So unnecessary.. :bang:

7. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Wrong again. Every country has their fair share of atrocities meted out by some idiot or group of idiots on to others.

Name me a country without murderers, rapists, terrorists.........

You can't label the population of an entire country because of the actions of a tiny minority sorry.

8. Arend.C

Arend.C Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 Gaming
    But in other countries those criminals will be dealt with, and victims will receive immediate help. Here, a tourist who did not know about the the use of the bell did not receive any help from so called docters?

What kind of mindset is that? It's just very, very wrong.

9. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Your comments indicate 2D thinking. You honestly believe that in 'other countries' criminals are brought to justice and that victims are always given the help they need? Sorry, wrong again.

Miscarriages of justice are still happening everywhere, even in the justice systems of the more developed west!

In Mid Staffordshire health care trust patients were basically left die as money was prioritised over care. Hundreds died and that was in the UK in the last few years.

10. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    India is so classy.

11. Labyrinth

Labyrinth Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Tri-X R9 290 4G
    Russia is just as bad, they have skinhead gangs going about doing the exact same to anyone that isn't Russian

12. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I agree to a point, but in any western country you'd not be denied medical attention just because you were not aware of a country's or a smaller part of that country's customs or beliefs, if you ended up in this position and received such wounds.

But hey, when i think of Russia, i think bad driving and sex slave industry. I blame tv for that.

Though at the end of the day, far too many countries allow faith to override human rights, belief driven chaos.

13. Domhq

Domhq Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Toxic R9 270X
    And Russia is involved in part in the crisis in Ukraine. also beat and tortured gay people without reason.

14. (.)(.)

(.)(.) Banned

GPU:
    GTX 970
    A good point, if not a little unfair as that happens everywhere.

Please remember that i didnt post this news to cause a debate over whose worse, just simply disgusted at what happened and thought getting this out there a bit more may help this reach the mainstream news if its not there already.

Spread it, facebook it, what eves the internet does, this guy needs help regardless of what country is more violent than the other.

15. dark_surge

dark_surge Master Guru

GPU:
    NVIDIA 1080
    It's probably not smart to go to another country and desecrate something that they deem sacred right in front of them. I don't think he should have gotten the crap beat out of him, but we also don't know how he rang the bell. He might have rung it once, or he might have had rung it vigorously. I hate to judge a book by its cover, but looking at his demeanor in that first photo gives the indication of a more wild attitude, a goof, which I wouldn't think would be appreciated in any temple anyways.

Did he deserve what he got? Hell no. That guy is going to need some reconstructive surgery. I feel sorry for him because he obviously didn't know it was wrong. But everyone should also respect the culture and beliefs of the area that they are in, no matter where that area is. He was a tourist and should have acted more like one, in my opinion.

Hopefully he gets out of there ASAP so he can get the medical help he needs and deserves.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014

16. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Well said. And some of you guys? SMH. Ignored.

17. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    The corrupt and profit driven healthcare system in the US is just as morally bankrupt as the doctors in this example. The UK government is trying to steer our healthcare system in the same direction too. Brutal acts are frequently carried out by the majority of countries around the world, whether under the guise of 'war' or something else. You can't judge an entire country based on what happened in this story. Especially a country of a billion people, a country as diverse as India is.

18. Brasky

Brasky Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 4070 Ti Su
    **** off. (in reference to bring the US healthcare system into this)

19. Xenotone

Xenotone Guest

GPU:
    780 Ti SLI H2O 1230mhz
    Articulately put my friend. Not trying to attack anyone, just making a point.

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Why is only half his face affected by whatever it is? I can't see a bruise on the other side. I don't buy his story especially considering that he was in Goa. Must've gotten into a scuffle with drug dealers and lied to the police. It even looks like the effects of that weird drug Russians take made of petroleum and rots the body :-/