MOUSE Guide

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Corrupt^, Dec 29, 2010.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I'm guessing you're a palm gripper? Most of the CM mice have Japanese Omron switches that you can click until you're blue in the face and virtually hospitalized. It comes down to your grip and button preferences

2. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I am looking for a mouse also, not good recommendations for the g500s I see....Which one of all the Rokka!?

Any other options?

3. aircool

aircool Don Aircooleone Staff Member

GPU:
    Zotac GTX 560 Ti 448 Core
    Would help if you tell us what mice you liked ?

4. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Mice using the avago adns 3090 tend to be good, there's a newer sensor out, the 3310.

A few examples of the 3090:
    • ROCCAT Savu
    • ROCCAT Kone (Optical version)
    • Coolermaster Spawn
    • Coolermaster Recon
    • Zowie Mice
    • Steelseries Kana v2
    • Corsair Raptor M40
    • Corsair Raptor M30

For the 3310 for now:
    • Steelseries Rival
    • Mionix Avior 7000
    • Mionix Naos 7000

They will reach sufficient Max tracking speeds in most cases without the acceleration issues the laser mice have.

Of course there's also the Logitech G400 and Razer Deathadder. Unless you need an extremely high dpi, the G400 is actually a far better choice then a G500.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2013

5. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    The somnolent mouses that I had is the microsoft ergonomic one (cant remember the name) and my current mx518, which I love!

My obvious upgrade would be the g500s but your comments had put me down of it.

Will look for the g400s and see.

There are differents optic version of the Kone, which one?

Really don care to much DPI, mostly I play casual is FPS.

6. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080

Good call on the MX-518, that is a great mouse. I understand your wish to upgrade though, because as good as that is (even today), the technology is yesterday and its being left behind when it comes to things like tracking speed and acceleration.

The G400 has gotten mediocre reviews and most seem to feel its not a good upgrade from the 518 at all. I hate to say it, but you might want to abandon Logitech and check out some other brands like Steel Series, Corsair and CM Storm when it comes to gaming mice. The Corsair M60 is a really nice one. Personally, I use a CM Storm Spawn and I love it, although I am a claw gripper and its designed specifically for that.

7. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The Kone Pure Optical uses the 3090 sensor and will have no acceleration issues (which the laser versions do have).

G400 it's buttons and cable are a bit of a dowgrade but you can actually just swap the print circuit in the MX518 and you'll have the feel of the MX518 with a G400 sensor.

Doesn't even require soldering, just has a plug on it.

8. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    Thanks for the responses guys, I am between the g400s and the Roccat pure. Did a little reading but still cant decide...

9. TirolokoRD

TirolokoRD Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 980TI ACX 2
    I decided to buy the kone pure!, any options on the pad?, the Logitech G440 Hard Gaming Mouse Pad seems nice, Wachu tink? :p

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Quoting myself here since alot of people don't know about it yet apperently. If you experience mouselag or other mousemovement issues after updating to Windows 8.1 (not 8.0 but .1) get this fix from Microsoft:

11. SturmButcher

SturmButcher Guest

GPU:
    Zotac AMP GTX 1070
    I will test this when I arrive at home, nice guide

12. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT
    So I grabbed a Logitech G700s yesterday. Anyone else use one of these and if so what has been your experience with it? I was drawn to it by the fact that it's

--rechargeable
    --both corded and cordless (data through the cable as well)
    --charges while in use
    --3 scroll wheel buttons (after having that I almost NEED it)
    --has replaceable feet
    --ras replaceable liion battery

It has an Avago S9808 sensor and I haven't the foggiest idea what that means. Good, bad? I read they used to have tracking issues with the g500s (same sensor) but perhaps they've been resolved.

[​IMG]

It's early yet but so far this is a fantastic feeling mouse. If it fails me I always have my trusty mx518.

I also plan to grab a mechanical G15 gaming keyboard next week to go with my new gaming mouse. Everyone with a mechanical keyboard just raves about them so I'll try it out.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  13. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    Laser mice have accel. Some notice it, some don't and others get used to it. Some Logitech mice have problems depending on which firmware they have.

The MX518 is legendary. It's only true successor is the G400/G400s, which are godly. Has no flaws, one of the best mice ever made.

14. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    The laser accel issue cannot be solved by Logitech/Steelseries/... it's an actual sensor issue (a bug sorta speak). They don't design these sensors, they use them and design/alter firmware around it, maybe add a different lens if needed, etc.

15. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just ordered one of these for my b'day present from the gf, should be here tomorrow

Corsair Raptor M40
    [​IMG]

Should be a nice move from my 2nd hand, 10 year old, dying, Logitech EX110 KB&M combo lol

Then time to save for a keyboard to go with it

16. 0blivious

0blivious Ancient Guru

GPU:
    7800 XT / 5700 XT

I must not notice acceleration or be bothered by it. I've been using a bluetooth laser mouse (MX1000 w/ MX5000 KB) for 7 years and have had issues here and there, but not with acceleration. I also use my old mx518 on occasion, a mouse everyone seems to regard highly, but my mx1000 was good enough that I used it 95% of the time.

Just out of curiosity, what would I notice as mouse acceleration if it is occurring?

17. mckeonkent

mckeonkent Guest

GPU:
    ATI 8750/4GB
    I'm using the Logitech G440 the pad is huge and is thin enough so that I don't feel the edge of it on my forearm. Really, really big. It's probably two or three times the size of my original pad. This is great if you make wide, sweeping arcs during gameplay. Since I primarily dabble in the FPS and MOBA arts, a lot of my movements are small and jerky, but it's nice to have all that extra space.

The second plus about this pad is that it's noticeably lower-friction than my desk. The pad will help you keep the teflon feet of your mice intact and frankly, makes mousing around fun. It's also easy on the wrists, so if you tend to have long computer sessions.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2014
  18. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    Ordered a Steelseries Kana v2 (3090 sensor) together with my 770GTX. Should be here tomorrow. Also added Windows 8.1 fix to first post.

EDIT: Kana v2 performing well. 4 + m/s on 400/800/1200 dpi. Imo a better mouse then the Zowie FK, with the exception being the lift off distance (which is rather high).

Though I do think the lift off distance is partially why it's performing better. Zowie took rather extreme measures to lower lift off distance and this seemned to have a negative effect on the mouse its general performance.

So anyone that likes the Zowie AM/FK shape but isn't satisfied with the performance should look into maybe getting a Steelseries Kana v2.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  19. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Just got the Logitech G502, feels awesome. Got it for $35. :)

The G400 I had on here moves to another PC.

Love these Logitech optical mice.

20. brunopita

brunopita Guest

GPU:
    MSI Gaming R9 270X 2GB
    I have a M60, best mouse ever.