AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    It is an extremely good power supply.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139012

I do not have any issues with it.

Are you perhaps trying to imply the wattage of this power supply is not sufficient to run a single (Non-X) R9 270?

You would be very incorrect if that is what you are trying to imply.

2. gallimar

gallimar Guest

GPU:
    2x ATI R270x 2GB 256Bit
    my apologies i read your profile wrong

I thought you had a R9 290X

-R9290
    -R9270

They look so much the same

3. dirtula

dirtula Member

GPU:
    Asus RX580 8gb
    my system draws 420 at the outlet while playing bf4 maxed out. you got plenty

4. cowman

cowman Guest

Bf4

I tried BF4 with Mantle and I get fps drops down to 30 for a few seconds for no apparent reason. I can be standing still and have a solid 60 and it just drops to 30 for a few seconds and then goes back up. I don't have this issue on DX11.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Same here. I dropped to 30 on mantle. Dx11 in the same situation dropped only to 49.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  6. doctor46

doctor46 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 2GB R7 260X WF
    This issue appears with Mantle API when VSYNC is on.

7. Madcow_Ollie

Madcow_Ollie Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X Crossfire
    works good for me. mantle works good now and it looks alot better than last driver in terms of image quality and fps.

8. crz

crz Guest

GPU:
    GeForce GTX 1070 ARMOR 8G
    Well, I tried to join a BF4 rush match yesterday, game crashed to desktop again with Mantle and CrossFire enabled. Had to edit a config file to get back to DX11 and then I had no more issues, so it not only the Test Range like I thought.

9. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    WTF is up with this frame variance guys - do I have a PCI express bottleneck?
    [​IMG]

MOD EDIT: please be considerate to other members and keep your image sizes down

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 27, 2014
  10. Coldblackice

Coldblackice Member Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 3080 FTW3
    WTF is up with you not resizing your pic so it doesn't gangbang the forum layout?

Link to it, friend-o. Don't plaster it as an in-forum image.

11. 7stars

7stars Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 290 Tri-x OC
    indeed should be the forum admin who implements a resizing function...just an advice...many websites have it working

12. robertmor52

robertmor52 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 Gaming G1
    I said my problem with vsync and triple buffer was solved with these...ok, it isnt:wanker:, and this is really weird...for some reason, first time i tried unigine valley after installing drivers it worked perfectly with vsync im absolutelly sure, then today i decided to test again and you know what...its broken!! WTF???:3eyes: again no triple buffer working and fps goes to 30 when below 60 ...how is that possible? I have not changed anything...:3eyes:

13. m2896

m2896 Active Member

GPU:
    AMD Radeon RX5700
    In BF4 on Metro have many FPS drops with Mantle API. It's still BETA quality(((.

14. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its supposed to go to 30 when you go below 60, the whole point of v-sync is to avoid tearing by using a multiple the monitor can display.

If you couldnt hit 30, it would go to 20, then 15, etc..

What you really mean is triple buffering isnt working, which would stop that from happening as there is always a backup frame in the buffer.

You should also notice increased input lag, as triple buffering also mitgates the lag v-sync introduces.

15. Veki(CRO)

Veki(CRO) Guest

GPU:
    VTX 7870 2GB+Accelero S1
    I have the same problem,tried to remove config file but it it the same.
    Dont know what is problem,game or drivers...

16. alassassin

alassassin Guest

GPU:
    7760M+7640G
    same file for Mobility Radeon too ?

17. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Fix for audio stutters in systems with R9s in Crossfire with VSync on its way

AMD Rep on Overclockers.

18. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
  19. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    im using amd enduro ( muxless switchable ) based notebook like 1,5 year.
    my dgpu is desktop rhd 7750 gpu with gddr3 mem. but its not directly connecting screen. working like virtual-gpu. preparing picture sending it to intel gpu over pci express.

this is not crossfire system but power management implemented by crossfire ( for easy ) and driver builded from desktop driver. their enduro driver building like totaly helter skelter. amd can not handle different notebook customized driver need.

lots of option in catalyst driver not working on virtual gpu. because its not connect screen. my dgpu only preparing picture data. sample display port connection options not work because virtual gpu can not connect directly screen. but driver all standart driver installing with non-possibility options :D driver option loading for empty :D

im added LeeKm's dx9 fix settings. and removed some default driver settings now driver working realy good. lots of stuttering fixed. and if catalyst driver working bad affecting hd graphics 4000.

im combined/removed lots of setting. there is no driver like running this condition now. battery like 30 min more, more cooler at idle. desktop stuttering less. ( including flashplayer ) dx9 games more smooth.

they are not work good for different configirations. they are not build customized fixes for systems. no amd no their buyers ( dell, acer, hp and more )

result: some one saying my r9 working very good some one saying bad. they are not testing their drivers enough number of systems. they are not completing optimization or fixes for different system. u must find u must fix.

amd can build xbox one or ps4 hardware and can support because they are like single configiration. but in pc there lots of hardware and amd not good for build this base.

20. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m

amd enduro (px 5.0 and after) technogy have muxless design. dgpu in this configuration is virtual screen card. its not connect directly screen.

but catalyst driver loaded with lots of real gpu option they are not working on virtual card. but enabled..... sample: there is display port option enabled default but virtual card can not connect directly any screen.

im fixed driver but im not know how :D something shot bulseye. there is no driver running like this. their all enduro drivers helter skelter building. not completed builds.

im cleaned som of settings result very good. im angry for their helter skelter work.