AMD Catalyst 14.2 BETA 1.3 (13.350.1005.0 February 23)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 25, 2014.

Tags:
  1. kenzt

kenzt Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 NITRO+ OC
    Even at 1080p ?

2. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    DDU 11.3 does not have mantle support
    better get 12.3 or you might have problems.

3. CG360

CG360 Guest

GPU:
    Evga 780 Classified
    I would need to see some proof. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. You are the only guy here who is saying it is working without a bunch of problems.
    Read the forums. It isn't working for anyone. It is only introduced more problems on top of AMDs already bad drivers. On top of that "DX and OpenGL to offer low level access" Nice knowing you Mantle. Dont let the door hit you on the way out.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  4. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    It's already confirmed on twitter that there are no optimizations in place for HD 7XXX series, this would explain the crazy CPU spikes and large FPS stutters in my earlier post.

Sticking with DX11 in this case would be the best option until mantle optimization is done on the HD7XXX series, Which is scheduled for the next driver in 2-4 weeks.

5. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Anyone else with a r9 280x and/or a fx cpu getting worse results with mantle compared to directx 11 on bf4? I noticed my fps drops way lower on mantle than it does on dx11. Avg fps and max fps stay mostly the same. Using win 8.1 btw.

6. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    Yes, The HD 7XXX and the R9 270/280 don't have optimizations in place for them as of Cat 14.2 Beta 1.3.

The optimizations for our cards is coming in the next 2-4 weeks on the next driver release.

7. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Whoever said *no* optimizations? They said limited gains. Mantle is already working for Tahiti, why is that so hard to get. Just try it out instead, you know?

I used to get stutter with CrossFire. I get no more stutter. One example is enough to show it's working, unless my system is magic.

8. Powerwolf

Powerwolf Guest

GPU:
    Link please?

9. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Agreed.

The fact I went from 14.1 to 14.2 probably is the reason I had no problems.
    I just wanted to state that I used the older DDU on win8.1 and had zero problems.

10. Steppzor

Steppzor Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI 3080 Ventus OC
    I've got two HD7970 in crossfire and i'm not having any crazy CPU spikes or FPS stutters.. The performance is just pure awesome with mantle..

11. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Hoping to try this driver later but I'm on nights!

12. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Because DX11 is running better than mantle for some of us.

13. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    I understand if that was the case, but basing it on the tweet concerning optimizations then claiming out of the blue that Tahiti cards have no optimizations yet is misleading. The cards work for many of us, I've had Mantle working with a huge FPS boost since 14.1 Beta and the first BF4 Mantle patch. And now, with 14.2 Beta and the third BF4 patch, they've ironed out the stutters.

14. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    https://twitter.com/TheMattB81/status/438672517927305216

That's because you're on a crossfire configuration and some of the resolved issues were with Crossfire.

15. tensai28

tensai28 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    rtx 4080 super
    Glad to hear it's working for you but for some, it performs even worse than dx11. For me I get the exact same avg fps and max fps as dx11 but my minimum fps dropped by around 10fps on mantle compared to dx11.

16. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    If CrossFire is working, and has had issues resolved, then doesn't that mean single card is also working at the very least in the same manner? Or would it stutter with a single card but not with two?

17. ACMPraetorian

ACMPraetorian Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7950 OC
    If you go back one to two pages, I posted a screenshot post cat 14.2 B1.3 which shows extensive cpu stuttering.

Single GPU configurations on the 7 series and the R9 270/280 = stuttering, While on crossfire systems = no stutters.

18. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

Did some more testing on my system, and can only conclude that the stuttering is better than 14.1, but still annoying enough to be called "unplayable" atleast for me in a game like BF4. Nothing is worse than turning a corner with 4 enemies facing you, and WHAM.. stutter-lagg-hell, and you got 0 kills and ended up dead :(

Not sure how that vram information is supposed to work tho, but after 2-3 maps, it was 21xx+ for me on a 2048 card.. Not really sure that is "the most" or "current usage", cos after loading the next map, it did not change. If it was "current usage" id think it would drop down when a new map was loaded?

19. velocityx

velocityx Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 Ti FE - EK FCB
    if it goes over, you will get stutters. whenever I go over 4gb in 1440p, I get stutter every 10 or 20 seconds. until they fix it you would have to lower your settings or rejoin every game.

20. Cybermax

Cybermax Guest

When a new map loads, does not the vram "clear" then? or does it keep textures and whatnot in vram "until next time" kinda? dunno how this works, just found it odd that it did not start "fresh" at the next map tho.