DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    sks coming in next patch :)

2. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    I wish they would add some base building like tents and vehicles, im getting abit tired of just looting up and killing. Had a great game yesterday however playing hardcore.

I squad wiped a whole team playing solo up by the ship in the N.E using Mosin and scope. Took out 6 of them, the whole battle went on for about 1hr of cat and mouse, of changing positions and playing the waiting game. They must have called up reinforcements from the south as 3 guys in combat gear combat logged and killed me from behind, no other way as only one way onto the roof.

Still i got 6 of em, must of pissed em off cause they wouldnt stop till i was dead lol and i heard them shouting down the mic "we got the bastard".:)

I killed about 20- 25 people before i died so this was probably my best run and they were all mostly fully kitted out players, i dont kill bambi's unless they come for it which some of them do!

Oh well i have played 132 hours straight so im in need of some major updates, all my TS friends are playing Rust so ive now uninstalled Dayz and will wait for a major update while i go play Rust too.

Game is amazing though, hope the updates and features are balanced out nicely in the future and i hope they dont break the game or stop it from being fun. Once the base building comes and vehicles i probably plough in atleast another 300hrs probably.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  3. slick3

slick3 Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2070 +85/1200
  4. logicPwn

logicPwn Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070

5. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    But, DayZ keeps getting updated right?

6. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Yes, ofc it will.

And 1st of all, he said already a year ago that he will left Bohemia once Dayz game structure materializes and hes not needed anymore. Also that he wants to create his own studio then. Many people take it the wrong way, thats the sad thing about it.

7. hashboyuk

hashboyuk Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA gtx 660 sc
    And the way people are behaving on the dayz sub reddit saying he should die a terrible death i wouldnt blame him from just saying sod it and leaving sooner, as Shadow said this was announced last year.

8. kanej2007

kanej2007 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1080 TI 11GB
    Yeah, day after day...

9. logicPwn

logicPwn Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    The main problem I have with Bohemia is the fact that ARMA 3 to this day uses ~60% of my computers power while it struggles to keep 30 FPS on medium-high settings. DayZ also struggles to perform well ATM because of the engine used (Real Virtuality 3), which everybody seems to think is acceptable because of the "Alpha" tag, while I fear it will perform no better than ARMA 3 on my computer. Especially since Bohemia is taking over DayZ production.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  10. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    30 fps on medium/high? Drop the view distance.

11. logicPwn

logicPwn Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070
    Thanks for the advice harkinsteven, but that was one of the first things I dropped for ARMA 3. In DayZ, the view distance is 2.5x the default amount with hardly any FPS drop, probably due to object/texture loading at a ridiculously far distance already (hardly optimized due to "Alpha").

Regardless of view distance unfortunately, a game should never under-utilize a PC's components while it struggles to keep a stable frame rate. I have participated in ARMA 3 since beta and my (and many other's) issue has yet to be solved. :bang:

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  12. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Dean Rocket leaving, who cares as long as the end product is good as im sure it will be. Bohemia arnt idiots and im sure they will develop the game beyond Halls vision.

Ive put this game on hold at the moment, i have 200hrs and im playing it way too much.200hrs into an Alpha.....Need to have a Kitkat.:)

Thing is i still want to play and i have to tell myself NO!

13. SLI-756

SLI-756 Guest

GPU:
    760 SLI 4gb 1215/ 6800
    what about ivy-e?

14. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    You can edit the YOURNAME.DayZProfile file located in My Documents/DayZ to lower the "sceneComplexity=xxxxxxxx; I believe this lowers the polycount of the everything ingame. I use 150000 but you can go lower. I think the default is 300000.

Also you guys needs to try Zeus mode in Arma 3. It's so much fun. It breathes life into Arma's multiplayer.

15. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    Is anyone still playing this? Thinking about picking it up to give it a go. I played the mod back in June but haven't tried the standalone yet.

16. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4070 Super
    I'd come back if the performance is better.

17. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

I've been playing a bit more lately but it's still not right without vehicles and proper loot/zombie respawns. I would wait it out a bit unless you just have to have it. It's fun for a little while and the performance is certainly better than the mod, though i still feel that it should be better than it is. That's Bohemia games for you though.

18. serious1

serious1 Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3070
    I never had trouble running the mod. Is the standalone that much worse? Also is it still lacking that many zombies?

19. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

SA performance is much better for me. I never had issues in the woods but cities and towns were a mess in the mod. I still get a dip in cities/towns but nothing like the 20-30 fps from the mod (yes with this rig).

20. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Its a good game and worth the 20 pound. I have not played in 1 month as taking a break after playing, nearly 200 hours.