RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    I didn't notice you're using an odd refresh rate like 110Hz :p

Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure why that happens, code wise there's nothing related to screen resolution that could be broke.

2. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Yep. BF4, as you can see, works. Tried with Mirror's Edge, too, works. Didn't try other games but I don't see why they shouldn't work as well.

Yeah, used the pixel clock patcher, definitely.

@japamd: haha well, I can't reach 120Hz with the stock cable, so I settled for 110Hz. 120Hz monitors do show a 110Hz option, from what I've seen, but generally there's no point in picking 110Hz over the available 120Hz mode.

3. ELCID777

ELCID777 Guest

GPU:
    2x msi hd 7970's
    can somebody tell me why the hell i can't seem to get radeon pro to work after i close it and try to launch it again? EVERY time i install radeon pro, i have to reinstall it again from scratch because it won't open anymore once i close the program. if i look in task manager, i can see it actively running, but the actual UI and program itself are nowhere to be found on my desktop or task bar.

what gives? i have never been able to fully use RP because of this issue, and i'm sick and tired of constantly having to uninstall/reinstall the damn thing every time i want to use it.

edit: i'm using the latest build, windows 7 64 bit, hd 7970's.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  4. aminfri

aminfri Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7870XT 1100/1600
    Go to your services (Run Services) and make sure that radeon pro service is set to automatic start up and is running.

5. LeLeXD

LeLeXD Guest

GPU:
    Hello boys,
    how do I activate AO on Cod4? I see it's missing on the list of the compatible games, I putted it with the same commands of Cod2 but it doesn't work, could anyone help me?

6. dove

dove Master Guru

GPU:
    Powercolor 6950 2GB
    I explained in the SweetFX thread about my inability to use the TS3 Overlay with Radeon Pro and will just post a link rather than crosspost, in case anyone cares to take a look and has any ideas how to make them both work together http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4769579&postcount=1012

Strangely I can't seem to get SweetFX to work by putting it's files in the ArmA3 folder but I have got it working using Radeon Pro now :) Unfortunately, I can't use RadeonPro when playing Multiplayer as I need the TS3 overlay, which is why I was trying to get SFX to work without RP.

7. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Doesn't fix it. SMAA:
    [​IMG]

vs. no SMAA. Obviously in game it looks way worse.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014
  8. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    must not be the old bug then, tab out always worked before (witcher2 for example)

cant really see much with those pics, can you link to uncompressed?

9. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    IIRC with the old bug having the OSD panel enabled from the start would prevent it from happening. Try that.

10. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    You mean FPS counter? I did try, made no difference.

Those are lossless png's, just downsampled and at least on my screen the smoke look horrible with SMAA on.

This is the steam overlay issue. With SMAA injector there was this steam fix setting that would fix this.

SMAA on:
    [​IMG]

How it should look like:
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 20, 2014

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i dont know that game, but it looks washed out.

do you have a normal pic of that one?

also try turning on OSD panel as suggested above.

12. teleguy

teleguy Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070/Vega 56
    No, this:
    [​IMG]

You can enable/disable the panel ingame with a hotkey which you can set up in Advanced settings.

13. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    no, the panel, the one with TB, vsync, and SMAA on it

14. Cy4n1d3

Cy4n1d3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 TF3
    Can anyone outline the necessary steps to get Battlefield 4 running with RadeonPro?
    I've disabled the Origin-Overlay, set Launcher-Option, disabled the ingame-resolution-downsample-stuff but still RPro doesn't seem wo work.

I'm on Win 8.1 x64 here.

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    If you're asking about SMAA in BF4/Windows 8.1 then there's nothing you can do 'cause it doesn't work due to a bug in current public build that prevents the SMAA shader code to compile correctly under Direct3D 11.1.

16. Cy4n1d3

Cy4n1d3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 TF3
    I understand - well, just out of curiosity: I can't even get the RadeonPro ingame overlay to work but I do see people having that running, any particular mistake I could be doing over here?

17. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    It could be related to UAC. If you're running Origin with elevated privileges (aka Run as administrator) then RP won't be able to detect any games launched through Origin. That's another known issue.

18. Cy4n1d3

Cy4n1d3 Guest

GPU:
    MSI 7950 TF3
    I'll tinker around a bit.
    Origin itself is not being launched with elevated rights but RadeonPro is started using the windows task scheduler. I will try to start RadeonPro with highest privileges and see if that changes anything.

Thanks for your efforts :)

19. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    That did fix it. Would be nice if there would be workaround for SMAA at some point without the need to do this but at least this works for now. :) Seems to be DX9 issue only though.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  20. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    must be game dependent, i dont see it in the dx9 games i play...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.