Mouse bug, need fix

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Sperks, Feb 16, 2014.

1. Sperks

Sperks Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3100 512MB
    Hey guys, my mouse buged out few weeks ago, I need a way to fix it because I ain't getting a new one, cause this one is 2 months old. It's not broken, nor is it damaged in any way.
    Here's the bug:
    When I mouse wheel scroll up or down the mouse disconnects (like it would do if you pulled out the usb from the pc)
    It's an usb mouse, ms bubble 1000dpi.
    I can press the mouse button,and any other button on the mouse and it doesn't disconnect, and works perfectly until you wheel scroll up and down, and if you scroll up or down again, it reconnects.
    I have opened the mouse to look for any damages inside, but there are none.
    Everything is how it should be. I tried scrolling up and down with a little screwdriver on the scroll mechanism and it disconnects and reconnects, as soon as i wheel up or down. So that IS the problem. Wires are okay, everything else is okay. Please tell me how to fix it, any ideas? I can even try disconnecting this mouse wheel mechanism and get it from another mouse.
    ANY IDEAS WOULD BE GREAT! Cheers!

2. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Completely uninstall the software / drivers for the mouse / unplug mouse / reboot

Reinstall everything ?

3. Sperks

Sperks Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3100 512MB
    I have reinstalled everything, started with trying the mouse on another pc, reinstalled drivers, reinstalled whole windows. The mouse is the problem, nothing else.

4. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    If you can replicate the problem on a completely different PC, then why not just return it if its only 2 months old, they will be able to replicate it too if you can

5. Sperks

Sperks Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3100 512MB
    Well I wanted to fix it by myself. So I opened it. I dont think they will accept the return. They might but its sunday, I will go tomorrow. But as I said they might not take it. So i need a plan B.

6. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    If that mouse has a warranty sticker on the bottom (over the screw) and if you had broken it you can forget about warranty. I can't remember if MS Industrial Bubble has that sticker and where is't located...

But why the hell did you open it, I know it's cheap mouse but you can RMA it because warranty period for MS Industrial products here in Serbia is 2 years, probably they would give you new mouse in 10 days max.

I'm 100% sure there is no fast fix for it, probably faulty controller chip inside the mouse.

Try to RMA it anyway if you can mask that you've open it, if you can't open your wallet for new mouse.

7. Sperks

Sperks Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3100 512MB
    Well, yea I removed the sticker. Thats the point. And I like fixing things by my own, thats why I did it. But the thing is, I cant find the sticker.I threw it away. Maybe its still somewhere in my room, if not how would I go about fixing the chip? Any ideas? And I dont want to buy a new mouse not because of money, but cause its totally new, works perfect except the bug that it has. And feels great in hand.

8. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Well if the chip is faulty, you can't fix it, unless you find a new identical chip and solder it in

You could still have had a totally new mouse that felt great in your hand if you had returned it and got a replacement

9. CrazY_Milojko

CrazY_Milojko Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus STRIX 1070 OC
    I don't want to sound rude, neighbour, but I've seen too many cases like yours: people trying to fix something but they are not 100% sure that they can do that. If you must open it for some reason (and that thing is still in warranty) you also must think about keeping a warranty sticker intact or else...

Only thing that comest to my mind is to find a friend with some MS Industrial mouse and use his mouse warranty sticker and stick it over the screw hole.

Next time think twice when doing things like that, especially with things still under warranty period.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  10. ancientGHz

ancientGHz Guest

GPU:
    /
    ----

Last edited: Mar 24, 2014

11. Sperks

Sperks Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon 3100 512MB
    Ok thanks guys, I'll try to find the sticker. If not I'll smash it and buy a new one I guess :)

12. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Or put it in a draw and keep as a spare

13. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    LOL.

Thats too logical man, c'mon.