after playing BF4, what does the community think of it?

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by ramthegamer, Feb 13, 2014.

1. ramthegamer

ramthegamer Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac Trinity 3080
    is this game overrated? is it the best mp game of all? give me your opinion since i didn't play bf3 and bf4 mp...

2. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    best online mp shooter out there imo

3. moab600

moab600 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY 4090 XLR8 24GB
    i have to agree, i having lots of fun in BF4 and i like almost all maps instantly. it far better than BF3 which was boring very fast.

BF4 is the worst launch of any bf game, but for me it works pefects and it awesome

4. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    i dont like it , wasted my money again.
    (I wish i could like it but the gamemodes are just plain boring to me)

5. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    don't mind it seeing I picked it up with premium for £35

6. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I hate the border zones on every single map ive played, like were the sniper maps at dice! wtf!

7. Vinnie

Vinnie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Apple M2 Pro
    I really like it, but there should be more maps like Paracel!

8. Aioras

Aioras Guest

GPU:
    Zotac GTX980Ti ***937;
    Mix of feelings, the game and mechanics are outstanding, the detalis quite impressive, the map designs are so so... But the worst part is the party of bugs that after 3 months are still there (less after the last patch) but unnaceptable at all.

The hurry they took to launch the game (lookign at COD: Gosht) was a really bad idea after all IMO.

9. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Offial response from EA:
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2014/02/11/ea-defends-bf-4-simcity-launch-efforts-discusses-future/

"Hilleman: I’m not sure I accept your premise. Battlefield 4 has been an exceedingly successful product on both consoles and PC. From a sales perspective, from a gameplay perspective."

Well, now that it works like intended, I enjoy it quite a lot and the graphics are superb, also the sound effects. I managed to get BF4 Premium for ~55€ which is less than most of my friends paid (80+ EUR).

10. Deathspank

Deathspank Guest

GPU:
    Gainward GTX570 1280mb
    After being ripped off with codlefield 3 i didnt even bother getting codlefield 4. what i would buy and i think alot of people would, would be battlefield 2 but on the frostbite engine. now that would be good.

11. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    Love it, just wish they would hurry up and release more maps.

12. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wanted to see what the fuss was about since Ghosts was garbage. I was left severely disappointed - servers frequently disconnect, crashing and performance issues in the early days and seems people still suffer from the former, terrible tick rate, etc. Glad I got a refund and won't waste my time on another when this game dies off as it's going to be an annual series this year onwards.

13. romul

romul Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 3070 gamin
    Best modern warfire online fps for me.
    And i never had any serious issues with the game.

And for god sake give us the second assault already

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  14. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Yeah more maps would make it better... but I quite enjoy it regardless. No major complaints really.

15. Stukov

Stukov Ancient Guru

GPU:
    6970/4870X2 (both dead)
    Haven't bought a Dice or EA game since they required you to use Origin, and considering the wallet raping DLC EA has been pushing out, I think it has been a wise decision.

I loved BF2 and BC2, but yeah those days are gone.

16. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Waste of money.After 10 patches the game still have issues, DICE/EA is joke.Titanfall incoming thank God..

17. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    I like it too, best current mp shooter out there. Take that with a grain of salt though as I used to play CoD regularly and I only play Battlefield once or twice a week.
    It has its flaws, it has bugs, but it will shine when you're playing with friends.
    I'd also second the comments about gamemodes as it could use some more interesting modes.
    I really like Obliteration, that's a great new mode, and of course I play Conquest Large most of the time. Rush could be nice if the maps were balanced as I had some nightmare rounds playing Rush so far.
    The S&D mode seemed interesting but it's hard to find a server running it. Looking forward to CTF and *maybe* some other mode. I love King of the Hill / Headquarters / Hardpoint modes.

18. DesGaizu

DesGaizu Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AORUS 3060TI
    I think I've played obliteration more than any other mode so far, I look forward to ctf too really hope they have a new mode up there sleeves (titan mode pleeeeeese)

19. TekkMarine

TekkMarine Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980Ti GTX SC
    I gotta say dude, I really don't have a single issue playing the game with my specs, everything works perfect. Really impressed with the optimization that has taken place since Beta.

20. heymian

heymian Guest

GPU:
    ASUS Strix GTX 1080 Ti
    The core gameplay is fun, exciting and diverse. That's what matters the most to me and that's why I continue to play. The graphics, sound and physics are excellent also, especially the sound. They did a great job in that area.

On the technical side of things, one of the worst launches I can remember. Even though the game has been patched up, I still get this dreaded feeling it will crash at any moment. With each patch, they fix problems but introduce more bugs at the same time which is frustrating as hell. On top of that, I have to worry about PunkBuster files being "corrupted" and having to uninstall/reinstall it when I'm having server problems. Sometimes it's not even PB, the infrastructure in place is just broken. The "netcode" is a joke sometimes. Shooting people point blank and nothing happening. Or getting OHK'ed. Even though they mentioned improving the netcode in one of the latest patches, it feels much worse than release to me. I don't like Origin, I would have much preferred Steam. I don't like the fact I have to keep IE open either.

Just my opinion.