AMD Enduro or PowerXpress™ technologies are currently not supported by Mantle

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by LeeKM, Jan 31, 2014.

1. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    this enduro and powerxpress. amds big start battlefield 4 report is "no enduro no powerexpress". than its there a question. "why???"

im thinking there is some problem with enduro/powerxpress design.

i cant say u right or not right. we can see when its done.

i can only say amd apu internal gpu connecting directly lvds. if there is not discrate amd gpu or not used. mantle work without problem with it.

2. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
  3. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    BF4 Mantle API WILL support all Mobility cards, AMD confirmed this by temselfes. Just not yet.

4. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    SoftTH works exactly same way. Rendered on primary GPU, resized, cut and pieces sent to different outputs on different GPUs.

AMD just have to implement check for multiple GPUs in driver, and give application list of available ones for Mantle. Cake.

5. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    * question is why amd not doing this now if that easy like ???

extra: im not thinking good for muxless design

when resolution higher it can be high load on pciexpress... needs latency.
    its good when dgpu not used. but when dgpu used working 2 gpu and power consumption gets higher than only dgpu.
    im thinking amd or nvidia can be design special dual core mobile gpu.
    core one very light ( like hd 4000 )
    core two standart....

core one and core two can be transfer 1 o 2 or 2 to 1 all work.... muxless design cheaper and easier. but not good as old stardart like for gamer.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2014
  6. LeeKM

LeeKM Guest

GPU:
    HD7970M
    Will support the Mantle API.

However, many fear error. Because the integrated graphics ....

7. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Not this year. Mobile (notebooks, tablets, hybrids, cellphones) are high growth market now and AMD can only gain in those.

That is why they are backing from high end PC CPU battle with intel and focusing on low power designs like mullins.

8. DamirOK

DamirOK Guest

GPU:
    Radeon HD8850M/2048 GDDR3
    Hello All! Sorry for my english.

Does somebody know with GPU uses for external display in multi GPU notebook configuration with AMD Enduro?

I have Samsung ATIV Book 6 with Intel HD/HD8850 and I noticed some strange behavior that is inconsistent with the work scheme of AMD Enduro. When I uninstall Catalyst display driver (Intel HD Driver stay installed and works well) I can't display picture via HDMI output for external monitor.

Is it mean that HDMI output connect to dGPU directly? If it isn't, how HDMI output depends on dGPU?

And one more strange things. I have a difference in FPS (2-3fps delta in case 28avg) when I play the same scene on the laptop LCD and external monitor (HDMI). Laptop LCD FPS > External Mon FPS.

Could somebody explain this?

9. LeeKM

LeeKM Guest

GPU:
    HD7970M
    All output from the integrated graphics ...(LVDS,HDMI,RGB,DP)

10. HairyCube

HairyCube Guest

GPU:
    nVIDIA GeForce GTX 850M
    I'm not surprised at all.
    It's been 3 years already, and I still have to use modded drivers on my computer because the official ones don't work, and those that work are 3 years old. Even the modded drivers have all sorts of problems with them which need various workarounds.
    If AMD haven't been able to even get their drivers to work right with switchable graphics, I really don't think Mantle will ever be supported properly on these systems.
    By the way, what exactly is GCN for mobile? HD7xxx series (which is GCN) is just a renamed HD6xxx, they even share the same device ID strings in the driver. Will HD6xxx users get Mantle? I'm not even going to give it the benefit of the doubt.

P.S. "Currently not supported". Yeah, right. With companies like Intel or AMD "currently" pretty much means "f...k you, buy the new stuff if you want any updates".

11. dampflokfreund

dampflokfreund Master Guru

GPU:
    8600/8700M Series
    No, HD 7XXX are not renamed HD6xxxx, HD 7XXXX is entirely new, because it has GCN chip. Every GCN mobility will support Mantle in future.

I see no problem with switchable graphics support, every driver supports it. Only my old Llano laptop had a missing swgfx menu.