Corsair Vengeance Or Steelseries?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by blesner, Mar 17, 2013.

1. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    I'd say Corsair. SteelSeries seems generally overpriced to me, regardless of what you get

2. Triton

Triton Guest

GPU:
    HD 7970
    I'm using the Corsair Vengeance M60 mouse and I'm in love with it. Got it on sale for $39.99. For mousepad I'm using the Razer Goliathus speed edition, mid sized. Never been a fan of Razer's mice or keyboards but it's a great mat.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2013
  3. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    Doesn't the Sensei have minor mouse acceleration issues?

4. Mufflore

Mufflore Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Aorus 3090 Xtreme
    No.
    It has features you can enable to make it move slower or faster.
    Perhaps somebody enabled them and complained it wasnt linear.

5. FULMTL

FULMTL Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AOC 27"
    I didn't like the Steelseries Sensei at first, but I got used to it. I wish it was slightly heavier because I like a brick for a mouse. I see the black rubberized version for $50 on Amazon. That's a pretty good deal!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...8-2&keywords=steelseries+sensei&condition=new

Also I recommend making your own headset with a highquality headphone+mic. I had the Corsair 1500 headset, and...well it sucked. Sound quality was piercing at high volume, no bass, and bad wiring job because one side stopped working.

6. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    I had that pad, it was terrible. Small and uncomfortable surface. I hope you like the mouse though

7. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    lol, way to make him feel good about his purchases. Hey, what good is a public forum if not for honest opinions and advice though right?

I've been using the Mionix Propus myself and although I like it, I have found that the surface "coating" seems to wear off over time. Now I know it won't last as long and. I've already rotated it to get a fresh spot on the pad. If that doesn't bother you, it might be another good option. It does have a great balance between control and speed, as well as a huge playing surface with anti-slip bottom.

8. lehtv

lehtv Ancient Guru

GPU:
    N/A
    Spot on.

9. weedster

weedster Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD5870 1gb
    anyone had troubles with their sensei? I bought one today and it worked fine until the USB started to disconnect and reconnect randomly.. now I tryed uninstalling drivers, running the firmware and stuff.. and apparently it's stuck to the firmware update (according to the LCD under the mouse, which btw would have be fun if they put on the side instead ehe).

I'm currently trying to fix it..and contacted support of course but I read that they are very unresponsive some guys spam their facebook asking to answer their support ticket.. unanswered after 1 month .. thats baad.. also some say they're just useless lol..

So I might just return it to the shop.. mehh I hope the one I get works well though. :/

10. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Both Steelseries and Corsair make nice mice and keyboards and mouse mats. Avoid headsets from both.

If I had to pick, I'd go with a SteelSeries Sensei Mouse and one of the Corsair's keyboards. I usually prefer running the mouse and keyboard from the same brand, because then I can only run one software for both. So I'm lucky I love my Logitech G9 and Logitech G710+. I'm also rocking a Steelseries mouse pad though and Audio Technica headphones atm.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Since this thread i purchased a Steel series RAW frost. Best mouse ive ever used even better than my G5 and G500. Got it real cheap also for £34 from UKhotdeals. ASDA in the UK are still selling them for this price.

12. weedster

weedster Active Member

GPU:
    Asus HD5870 1gb
    After messing arround with reinstalls and stuff apparently it's now working.. I'll see if it disconnects anymore i'll just return it and get a new 1 (and hope it works fine lol).

Yea I got a Corsair 1500d headset I'm a bit disapointed, overall it's pretty good though, but as someone pointed out it's got no bass at all..

And feels a bit tight also at times (I had to stretch it myself.. to the point I'm scared to break it uh).

And the volume control on the cable is just annoying as hell, not only it's huge for only volume + and - and mute (that one pretty useful sometimes though), but it heats up like crazy sometimes oO also it's too close to the headset.

Oh and the volume control doesn't work in most games for some reasons uh, but I think it might be cause my keyboard g11 control work i'll have to check.

They made it so it's the windows sound (sounds like they could have made it independant from it uhh).

Also the blue light is still on when you shut down your PC which is a big big epik WTF, seriously lol, how the hell that even works, that's the stupidest thing ever how can corsair engineers come up with something like this.., like do I need to turn off the power of my PC for it to be down :S.

Other than that it's not too bad.. the 7.1 emulated is alright, haven't tryed others so can't really tell.

I like the steelseries sensei mouse so far though, only thing I wish is if they did it more ergonomic and not ambidextrous, how stupid is that ? why not make a Sensei version just for left handers then. for a premium mouse the ergonomics suddenly lacks big time.

My finger that is to the right of the middle finger feels like it got no good spot to be at, and the button on the right are just horribly placed then too lol.

It surely doesn't lack settings customisation though ! hah, long post sorry, well I guess some will thanks me :D

Last edited: Feb 7, 2014