AMD Catalyst 14.1 BETA 1.6 (13.350.1005.0 January 31)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Feb 2, 2014.

Tags:
  1. pereprimus

pereprimus Guest

GPU:
    gigabyte r9-290x oc
    Well i have 2 sets of 8g ram, one is in my computer the other is in another one, i installed this driver when 8 gb then for testing i put the other 8. Gb to make 16 (as some people say that a lot of ram is used with mantle) then i did the bench again and surprise i lost 15 fps, i tried to launch tomb raider's bench and it crashed (with 8 GB it didn't) so i did a clean install again (with16Gb ) and i got back my perf and tomb raider doesn't crash anymore

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  2. Same thing happened to me, same solution, just hit default and colors did back to normal. Thank you (never had this problem before).

3. Bogeyx

Bogeyx Active Member

GPU:
    2070 RTX @ 2050Mhz
    Had the same issue with every driver >13.10.
    But 14.1 fixed it for me. Have you done a clean install?

4. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Thanks! :^)

5. putino

putino Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD Radeon 8970M / 4gb
    Map - Lancan Dam - Conquest Large 64 players

Huge stuttering sometime (especially while in presence of smoke), still a very high perfomance

FPS
    Minimum: 1.6 fps
    Maximum: 197 fps
    Average: 90 fps

GPU/CPU load

[​IMG]

FPS Graph

[​IMG]

From my graphs it's very clear that everytime I stuttered, it was due from a CPU load spike.

6. haz_mat

haz_mat Guest

GPU:
    1070 FE
    Not a bad driver for Mantle's arrival on the scene. I was able to play through several round of BF4 last night with only a few issues.

For the most part the framerate was stable and fluid - input lag seems reduced too (a very welcome improvement for a shooter game). There were a few stutters when moving around the map, I figure it is similar to the load stutter we've seen in the past and will likely be addressed in the coming updates.

That being said, I did roll back to 13.12. I had a couple CTDs and even a black screen freeze, and a black screen with the game still playing (i could hear the audio). A friend of mine was also having issues with other games (Hearthstone) freezing, crashing, or rebooting the driver. So it still has some rough edges to be ironed out.

Overall, I give it a thumbs up. This debut could have been a LOT worse. I'm surprised that it ran as well as it did considering how new all this is. If they can get the nasty crashes cleaned up and eliminate the load stutter then I will certainly use Mantle over DX simply because less input lag is awesome in the era of deferred renderers.

7. Alph4Dawg

Alph4Dawg Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 280X Vapor OC
    Reporting back, BF4 keeps crashing for an unknown reason.
    Anyone else having 'Battlefield 4 has stopped working' issue with BF4 x64 + Mantle enabled?

8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    Very good performance here. Much smoother and a few fps up. Finish a couple of rounds no problem very stable, all large conquest. A few cpu spikes here and there.

9. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Yesterday I tested Mantle and it had a stutter.. today I am testing again and it seems to have no stutter.. very odd.. I haven't changed anything.

The only thing I've done since yesterday is turn off my computer, and then turn it on again this morning.

Going to try some FPS tests.

10. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

I recall seeing in some press article about these drivers, and one of them mentioned a chipset driver set (14.1) also being included. Any chance for a link to these?

11. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Yesterday I had 100+ FPS in BF4, today same part of the game, 40FPS, all I did was shutdown > boot up too (Mantle)

12. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    someone said in another forum, said if you dont install as admin, it will screw something up on reboot.

13. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    I've been testing on test range.. I know not the best way to test it. Just watching fps while looking down at ground while flying in circles around the island in little bird.

In DirectX the fps is above 60 and sits around 68-90

In Mantle the fps is about 70 and sits around 80-95

Both DirectX and Mantle go above 100 sometimes, it really depends on what is being rendered.. but I can see that Mantle goes higher than DirectX more often for me.

So it feels like the min fps is much more consistent on Mantle

I am not experiencing the stutter that I was getting yesterday... which is really strange because I tried a few times yesterday with mantle and was getting very noticeable stutter.

I really need to do some multiplayer tests but I am unable to at the moment.

14. MikeMK

MikeMK Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia RTX 4090
    Just installed these and tested a little in BF4. Certainly getting around 10% performance increase at 2560x1440, so pretty pleased. Definately feels smoother than DX too. Not a bad start!

15. Zarich

Zarich Member Guru

GPU:
    Galaxy GC 670
    Can some of you do IQ screenshots mantle on and mantle off?

16. sovietwarbear

sovietwarbear Member

GPU:
    RTX3080 master 10gb
    hi

do i need turn Mantle onlye in game on or is there some thing in CC center to ?

17. shadow_craft

shadow_craft Guest

GPU:
    ASUS StiX OC 1070
    Mantle seems to have better effects in BF4

It seems there is something different about the lighting, shadows, smoke effects, even the grass seems to pop out more.

18. Extraordinary

Extraordinary Guest

GPU:
    ROG Strix 1080 OC
    Just the game

19. KissSh0t

KissSh0t Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 3060 OC 12GB
    Turn Mantle on in the game.. exit game.. go back into game and Mantle will be active.

20. Madcow_Ollie

Madcow_Ollie Guest

GPU:
    AMD R9 290X Crossfire
    yeah i did. i used display driver uninstaller and did a clean install.
    its still giving me static noises..