AMD Catalyst Mantle Driver Delayed

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by bokloz, Jan 31, 2014.

1. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Shouldn't have issues now :-

Big song and dance about Mantle at the 290 day, will be released for BF4 in Decemeber.

Nears the end of December, no sign of Mantle, everyone gets onto AMD and Dice, Dice say now pushed back to January, AMD say, nothing to do with us, we aren't releasing anything Mantle, its Dice that are releasing the BF4 Mantle patch, as per AMDs Tweet

Few weeks later, another big song and dance by AMD, shouting from the rooftops about a new driver, its the 13.35's (aka 14.1's), but why shout about this driver, well this driver is Mantle!!!, cue everyone Eh, Mantle wtf :confused: (see above in bold).

Not long after that, rumours abound about another delay, now saying early Feb, everyone again up in arms, getting onto AMD and Dice, both say False!, its still on track for January, but AMD also say, Mantle driver is done and dusted, has been for months, were just waiting on Dice releasing the BF4 Mantle patch, so we can release it, as per AMDs Tweet again.

End of January comes, BF4 Mantle gets released!, but wait, wheres the AMD Mantle drivers, everyone up in arms yet again, get onto AMD, and they now say, were putting the finishing touches to our Mantle drivers, we need a bit more time, thanks for yer patience, then not long after, Mantle driver officially delayed :-

Now see the above in bold, then see the above that in bold, AMD are still working on a driver that they said they had finished months ago, a driver that was all done and dusted, and was just waiting for the BF4 Mantle patch to get released, so that it could be released.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Meh, I had hype yesterday. Now, I can't say I care too much (i'll download it once it's available, but i'm in no real rush now).

I mainly only care about the Linux driver though, and from i'm assuming, is ready to go.. The holdup currently though is with the Windows driver and Mantle... and AMD being AMD won't release the Linux driver until the Windows one is ready (and who knows when that'll be). Sigh...

3. somemadcaaant

somemadcaaant Master Guru

GPU:
    Red Devil 6900XT LE
    Hype = free publicly = greater revenue = road map goal reached = increased inverter interest = management flies down for the week = office party = snog the office sl*t in the printer room = rampage on the town club jumping before going home to the wifey and kids @ 4am.

4. Rich_Guy

Rich_Guy Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 2070S X-Trio
    Thing is, if it was Nvidia doing Mantle, they'd have had the driver out in December, then everyone would have been playing BF4 Mantle yesterday, when the BF4 Mantle patch got released.

Its sad, but true im afraid.

AMD have come up with fantastic stuff for years now, but always ballsed the delivery of that stuff up, such a shame :(

Won't see those drivers till next week id guess now, as that article says the press have a 24hr evaluation exclusive, so if they are still working on those drivers as they say, then that 24hrs hasn't even started yet.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    It'll probably be around tuesday/wednesday when we finally get the 14.2 driver.

6. kayawish24

kayawish24 Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800 gtx
    thanx AMD for delaying Mantle Drivers :) i will get 2 x R9 290´s Tommarow as ist already been shipped today and i dont anyone to use Mantle until i dont get my both new Cards.Once again AMD many many thanx for delay.Keep it up :p

7. MojoW

MojoW Member Guru

GPU:
    Palit 3070 JS OC
    Damn AMD first they keep saying dice is suppose to release mantle our driver is ready.
    Dice keeps delaying and then finally dice releases mantle and then they say our driver is not ready we need to work on it.
    Why not work on it in the month's of delay dice gave us with bringing mantle?

8. connos

connos Maha Guru

GPU:
    AMD 7900XTX
    The press may have 24hr evaluation exclusive but its easy to leak drivers :)

9. Scout

Scout Guest

GPU:
    2 x GTX 980Ti
    Hope dice learned the lesson about never trusting amd's chimp driver team and release the patch after the driver..

10. Scyphe

Scyphe Guest

GPU:
    ASUS 2060
    That was... comment = :bang:

11. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    Bit of the pot calling the kettle black there since Dice delayed a whole month.

A couple of days wont kill us.

Id rather having a working driver than one that implodes my OS install.

12. gerardfraser

gerardfraser Guest

GPU:
    R9 290 Crossfire
    BF4 game looks good,I did not even play more than 15 minutes of it yet(just testing it out).
    Had a copy for a couple of months and even bought another copy yesterday.

I am willing to wait until drivers are released for mantle to enjoy this game.
    I am excited for the mantle drivers and glad at least they testing the driver for major bugs that will not ruin the gaming experience for BF4.

Also I did not buy R9 290 cards for mantle,I bought them because they were good.

13. zer0_c0ol

zer0_c0ol Ancient Guru

GPU:
    FuryX cf
    U went full retard,.. never go full retard

14. Elite3540

Elite3540 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G OC
    Too bad. D:

15. Trasher

Trasher Member Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1080

16. dell7520user

dell7520user Guest

GPU:
    hd4000+hd7730m
    manti (mantI) very delicious food

[​IMG]

but amd mantle bad taste

17. kevnb

kevnb Guest

GPU:
    Zotac 1070
    ok, what?

18. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    AMD rep on another forum http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showpost.php?p=25767181&postcount=13

19. jaju123

jaju123 Guest

GPU:
    2x AMD R9 290 Crossfire
    Can you link to the source? Thanks! :D

20. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    I asked the guy at Rage3D.com. If he delivers, I will provide too.