Mantle in January?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by ASLayerAODsk, Jan 23, 2014.

?

Will we see Mantle in January?

Poll closed Jan 31, 2014.
  1. Yes

56 vote(s)
    29.5%
  2. No

105 vote(s)
    55.3%
  3. Who's Mantle, and does she have a sister?

29 vote(s)
    15.3%
  1. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
  2. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

The PB298Q can do 76 Hz, it's right there in the specs. Realistically though, either 75 Hz or 72 Hz would be what to go for, it comes down to other timing factors.

You have to use CRU for this:
    http://www.monitortests.com/forum/Thread-Custom-Resolution-Utility-CRU

If you would like any further assistance with it, don't be afraid to ask. There are many people on this forum that use it.

In terms of Mantle only being 13 percent, that isn't all that bad. Mantle is still in development (improvements on the base concept), and it's the first go at it. With future games you could probably expect this to be higher as developers make use of improved revisions of it, driver optimisations, and other factors. You should probably find that better Crossfire support will come in the future.

If future games make use of much higher draw calls the performance gain will either be much better, or graphics/effects quality will be improved. There is no mention whether the Mantle patch for BF4 will look the same as the standard version, or whether they will make use of the extra capabilities Mantle opens.

3. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Tomorrow... in what time zone? Tomorrow for me at this point in time is Friday, the 31st :p

4. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    yeah..I saw that in a few places..like my driver detection on the catalysts..but I thought it was just a mis-read or whatever...was quite happy with 60hz...:) but hey...76hz is good too :) hmm, Ill have to take a look into this now :)

Digital Signal Frequency : 26~83 KHz(H)/ 24~76 Hz(V)

5. JulesCools

JulesCools Guest

GPU:
    Titan Black SLI
    OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG Totally not gonna be released for like 2 weeks. God I hope I'm wrong.

6. AmD6000

AmD6000 Guest

GPU:
    Evga GTX 960
    WTF? can cause stuttering and stability issues in BF4 for CrossFire users? :(

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yup, more control to graphic card will causing this issues more easier.

And 13% is not bad, as BF4 mostly is GPU bound, and I would like to know anything about CPU bound.

8. sicksilvo

sicksilvo Member

GPU:
    Ati Mobility HD 5650 1GB
    Article

Link: AMD nears launch of Mantle software to enable outstanding PC game graphics

Info:

More technically sound article

Link: AMD Catalyst 14.1 Beta Driver Brings Mantle Support, Frame Pacing Phase 2, HSA

9. adrock311

adrock311 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA GTX 1070 SC 8gb
  10. mohiuddin

mohiuddin Maha Guru

GPU:
    GTX670 4gb ll RX480 8gb
    what the hell? 2.7% if gpu bound??
    Amd is becoming more and more friendly to limited budget consumers like me...
    "oh if u making a mid range gaming rig, then buy a GCN amd card. Cause it will make your fx-6300 literally equal to i7 4960x":)

11. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    Sounds great. everything like expected. Will be a 30-40% boost for me then. Also excited to see what Frame pacing for dual graphics delivers :) 13% for high Ende systems sounds good Also keep in mind that the min fps rate will improved greatly so you will be able to experience a stutter free game. excited to See what oxide
    demo delivers today too.

12. DarkKnightDude

DarkKnightDude Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX770 4 GB OC
    That makes sense about 13% boost for BF4. The game isn't exactly limited. 13% more fps is nice in any case, but lower end guys will love this.

13. Bleib

Bleib Guest

GPU:
    MSI RX 480 8GB
    It's not enough to justify all the extra work. Mantle won't survive.

Unless we see more of this:

Oxide Games’ StarSwarm is AMD’s other proof-of-concept. Oxide consists of industry veterans from Firaxis and Microsoft Studios, so they seem like good candidates for executing Mantle at its full potential.

CPU-limited scenario: 319% (1080p) and 281% (1600p) performance improvement in the “RTS” test on Extreme settings with the AMD A10-7700K and an AMD Radeon R9 290X.
    GPU-limited scenario: 5.1% (1080p) and 16.7% (1600p) performance improvement in the “RTS” test on Extreme settings with the Core i7-4960X and an AMD Radeon R7 260X
    Average uplift for 1080p: 115.65% (Average of 290X and 260X data on the i7-4960X, A10-7700K, FX 8350 and i5-4670K)
    Average uplift for 1600p: 75.19% (Average of 290X and 260X data on the i7-4960X, A10-7700K, FX 8350 and i5-4670K)

Well, that’s quite a different picture.

115.65% is certainly not bad.

14. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    and they are already ready for bugs..the page isnt up currently..but Im guessing it will be up in FORCE come the morning..:)

http://www.amd.com/mantleknownissues *you get a 404 error currently*

15. ASLayerAODsk

ASLayerAODsk Guest

GPU:
    MSI 580 8G
    As Hilbert just said about the release today...

'Confirmed'

..get ready! :D

16. kayawish24

kayawish24 Guest

GPU:
    xfx 8800 gtx
    not today , its tommarow

17. mR Yellow

mR Yellow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire R9 Fury
    Reason why BF4 not so stellar performance gain is due to the fact that its patch in afterwards. Games being developed from the ground up (like Oxide titles) will see much better gains.

18. draegunstrife

draegunstrife Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780 Classified
  19. PlsHelpMe

PlsHelpMe Guest

GPU:
    HD 8750m 2 GB
    its confirmed to be release today

20. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU: