How to improve your Movie experience

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Prophet, Jun 19, 2012.

1. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Your welcome. I´m pretty sure I mention only to use 32-bit versions of all included in this.

2. wengyhong

wengyhong Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    The link provided is not working. Could you check on it?

Thanks !

3. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
  4. maco07

maco07 Active Member

GPU:
    7970 3GB Boost

5. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    @Prophet>> hey bro..hope you are doing fine. Got a request...can you please share some sites from where I can download skins for Potplayer. I already downloaded those which you posted in your thread, been using them, pretty good. Any thing apart from those? Thank you.

6. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Heya!

http://www.deviantart.com/?q=potplayer is probably your best bet. Not only does it have a lot of nice skins, if you are looking for artwork in the future this is a site thats been around for ages and has a lot of skilled people in it. There are some potplayer skin collections also: http://codecpack.co/download/PotPlayer.html seems to have one on the bottom of the page (havent tried it). If that tdoesnt cover your needs search for potplayer skin packs or potplayer skins.

7. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    thank you so much mate...these will do just well :)

8. jonretting

jonretting Guest

GPU:
    770GTX
    Last time i installed Potplayer i checked out my Resource Monitor network tab, why would it be connecting to three different IPs when i was playing local data? The packets i sniffed from the activities wouldn't sit well with anyone.

To quote the once great commercial actor Charles Barkley
    "Use VLC, anything else would be uncivilized"

"VLC, Strong enough for a noob, but made for a man."

9. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Yea I haven´t bothered finding out why it does this. I guess 2 are for updates and their video feed respectively I dont know what the third one would do. I just block it in my fw.

Ps. VLC is like eating burgers instead of fine dining. It makes you full but doesnt give satisfaction.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  10. jonretting

jonretting Guest

GPU:
    770GTX
    Windows likes burgers. VLC on Deb, even in a Vm on Win host, is a straight up delicatessen. Its as if the God King Lobster himself served me his disciples. However i have a VLC api for cygwin+autohotkey, and it sure does serve some delicious amazesteak; served with a side of custom minidlna builds. Cheers!

11. jonretting

jonretting Guest

GPU:
    770GTX
    Having fun with this thread! Thanks for sharing, neat stuff! Playing around with Madvr, but i can't read the tiny thumbnails for the recommended settings :)

Wow i might be a convert, hope there isn't any kind of chant i need to remember to be in the pot club.

Thanks Prophet!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  12. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    Hey guys, I use k-lite codec pack with mpchc and lav only settings, but since the last few drivers I am unable to use this. I tested with 314.22 WHQL and there it works fine as it always did. Sadly I want to use the latest drivers for gaming, but that means I can't use mpc which makes me sad!

Has anyone else noticed similar problems? It just is not responding straight away when trying to open a file. I have tested with so many different settings, but it really does not look like anything wants to work properly.

Please don't recommend VLC or anything else, I like mpc and want to continue to use it. Personally I really dislike VLC, so no need to recommend it ;)

13. SaiBork

SaiBork Master Guru

GPU:
    3080 Ti / 4090
    It seems to work when using the Haali renderer option, all others seem to crash.

14. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    All should be here: http://imgur.com/a/8ioMx#0

Codec packs arent really good. I used Klite .. 7-8 years ago or so but like you I ran into issues. Uninstalled and never looked back. You can use pretty much everything I use in this thread with mpc too. Ie, madvr, lav and ffdshow. I used MPC for a long time until I upgraded to potplayer. Imho both the interface and the quality are superior in potplayer to mpc. Also the guy coding it makes constant updates.

15. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    @Prophet>> Are there any special settings in Potplayer that can be done in order to enhance 3D SBS movie viewing experience? Please reply.
    And yeah, wish you and family a very happy new year 2014, in advance :)

16. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Not sure, I´m not really familiar with that particular technology. Probably, if you have good image quality it will affect everything.

17. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    ok fine..i will leave my question open though in case someone else can suggest something relevant.

18. onlytanmoy

onlytanmoy Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE HD 7950 3GB
    @Prophet>> Now that there is a new version of madVR version 0.87 with 'image doubling' under scaling algorithms...may be you can suggest us as to what option we can check in that section for superior image quality. Thanks in advance.

19. pluzo

pluzo Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7900 3gb
    Hi, I have a problem with a white horizontal line just at the top of the image that jumps in and out whenever there is a scene change. Does somebody know how to fix this? Thank you.

20. Prophet

Prophet Master Guru

GPU:
    Msi 680
    Hey only. I´m just using it at default settings and it looks fine. Ill mail the mad and ask whats optimal when the setting has been around for a while. Thanks for keeping in touch.