AK-47 inventor says..."my soul aches"...Your Thoughts

Discussion in 'The Guru's Pub' started by airbud7, Jan 13, 2014.

1. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    There are numerous firearms that have been designed with no intentions of being used as a weapon. That vast majority of them haven't been used to harm anyone either.

Easier to defend yourself as well. How well do you think you would do defending yourself against 3 thugs with knives attacking you or even just one, when you have no gun? Or any other disparity of force.

The reason they were created has no meaning, and not all killing is unjust. Self-defense is a mighty useful purpose.

Our 2nd amendment isn't about any sporting purposes either. It's purpose is to make sure the people are armed and are ultimately the ones in power. It's about freedom.

It's no surprise when those in power who seek to Rule, are going after the so called "assault weapons". When those firearms are rarely used in crime, but ideal weapons for defense from a tyrannical government.

2. EspHack

EspHack Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ATI/HD5770/1GB
  3. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    Video games themselves aren't issued to soldiers and children across the world to point effortlessly and instantly kill other human beings. And most of these video games that inspire violence feature.. guess what.. GUNS.

I get what you mean, I just live in a country where they are illegal and guess what, nobody gets killed by them. Coincidence!? Nobody needs one as self defense, because nobody else has one. It really isn't rocket surgery.

And I am open to letting people live how they like, I even have a view I can look at hitler from where I can't argue that what he did was wrong, he's a living creature who has nothing to do with any other living creature, if he wants to do what he did then he can, and we don't like it then we stop him. But there's no universe law telling him no, only us.

Same with guns, there's a hell of a lot of us who wish the US didn't all have them and can't figure out how they think it's a good idea when people are constantly being shot in the US. This week a retired police guy was in an American cinema and just shot the guy sat in front of him for being too noisy. Keep up the good work!

How does it have no meaning? It was created as a weapon, a weapon to kill. Yes there are tranquilizer guns, and how many US citizens have those instead of the one that fires lead? Thought so..

Meh if you guys like living in fear that every other guy has a little bit of L shaped metal that can kill you in an instant, and as a result pack one yourself, compounding the fear and problem, then go for it!

No chivalry with a gun either. When the crossbow was invented the English shunned it and refused to use it as it was too easy to kill people with and therefor dishonourable, they stuck with the longbows. Cultural differences I guess.

4. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    I think you'll find that a lot of people wish they could kill people who won't stfu in a cinema.

5. WindtalkerCS

WindtalkerCS Master Guru

GPU:
    2x EVGA GTX 280's
    There is a pretty big cultural difference as far as guns go between the US and the UK. I've never met someone that lives in fear of guns to be honest.

Lots of people like to talk about self defense, but that is not even in the slightest, the reason that we have the 2nd amendment. The UK didn't have to live under the oppression of another government. The US did, and as a result they determined that it was better for the government to fear their citizens rather than the other way around. We have the second amendment to prevent the government from oppressing their people.

There is a significant difference now that technology has moved forward, but I would still rather live in a world where the government wasn't in charge of all things military, and the citizens still had a voice in this.

6. nOv1c3

nOv1c3 Guest

GPU:
    2X VisionTek HD 4850
    This has been debated to death before , The UK may have fewer gun deaths but the overall crime rate is higher in the UK than the USA

You can be a Victim all you want but a majority of us in the USA refused to be one

7. wootwoot

wootwoot Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX295
    Clearly it is for you.

Do people get killed with objects other than guns?

If theoretically (since your wrong that no one has them even in countries where they are banned) no one could obtain a gun, I would still choose a gun for self-defense. I have no desire to fend off a knife welding attacker with anything but a gun. Or a blunt object, OR a group of unarmed attackers. YES you read that right. It's a clear disparity of force that can easily leave you with severe bodily harm or death.

:bang:

Many guns are made to be used for sporting purposes, including competition. Could you kill someone with them? Sure, you could kill someone with a fork too.

I'd pack one even if everyone else had forks.

I'm not looking to be chivalrous in a fight, I'm not interested in a "fair" fight, I don't want a fight at all.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2014
  8. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    People have been killed by guns in the UK, not so long ago. Besides, the UK has gone dramatically down hill in terms of crime rate over the years.

9. Gaizokubanou

Gaizokubanou Maha Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD 7970
    How did it go from creator of AK47 having troubled conscience in regards to his creation due to AK47's global usage to gun laws in USA?

In places where people are using AK47 to kill each other enough to be noted on global stage, I find it hard to see how gun laws would have any effect since those places are practically lawless war zones.

10. RedSeptember

RedSeptember Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 690 4gb
    Sorry, didn't mean to derail.

I think it shows he is human. Guns are designed to kill, so i'm sure he knew what he was getting into.

Just like a lot of soliders. They know what they are getting into, what they will/might have to do, but some still feel remorse for what they have done.

I've met a lot of WW2 vets who get chocked up when seeing grandchildren/wives/children of men they have killed potentially.

He designed one of the best and most reliable guns out there for its time. It hasn't increased or decreased violence.

There would have been another cheap and efficient gun to replace it.

I mean we can even lazer print guns now.

11. Edamski

Edamski Guest

GPU:
    Palit 460 GTX 1gb
    This is true about pretty much everything wrong with the world.

12. Barry J

Barry J Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX2080 TRIO Super
    maybe he should invent something that saves lives.

what did he think would happen with his invention ITS A GUN. and a very good one