Battlefield 4 (part 3)

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by hallryu, Dec 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StarvinMarvinDK

StarvinMarvinDK Maha Guru

GPU:
    Inno3D 4070Ti 12GB
    Suck it up soldier and get killing ! :D

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Base raping shouldn't be happening in Conquest but I've seen it happen quite often in Rush.
    From what I've seen there, so far, I'd say the mode would need some serious re-balancing. Many maps clearly favor one side, at least at the beginning, and make it very easy for the defending team to stop the attackers in a deathtrap.
    Bottlenecks, to raise the tension, are great. But if there are only a few options to get somewhere it's too easy to set up an ambush and that's simply no fun for the receiving side.

Just looking at this game should show the problem rather easily: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf4/battlereport/show/1/423931694315811712/98800102/

3. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    I agree that Rush is crap in BF4, many maps are just imbalanced. The reason for this is that they have one map, which they create having in mind too many game modes adaptions (and you can clearly see that most maps are made for Conquest at the core). In BFBC2 for example Rush was by far my favourite game mode, most maps were basically made for Rush. I miss that.

4. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    What have they done make it like bf2 when you jump out a vehicle if you touch it you die?
    I was killing myself every 3 seconds and it makes me throw stuff around the room an that is not good for my heart or much fun at all

5. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    Some of the maps are even too small for Conquest 64 players. You would have thought they would have looked at what worked with BF3, like how rush worked just as well as Conquest. This time around it just a mess, maps are clearly have no afterthoughts to other modes. I just hope they address this with a forthcoming expansion pack, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

6. Jkhan

Jkhan Guest

They shouldn't have rushed this game merely after 2 years of BF3's release. Its obvious they wanted to cash-in the next-gen train and completely ****ed up the game's development cycle. Even in the early days of 1942, I remember it took up significant amount of patching & tuning before the game was finally enjoyable. Both BF3 & BF4 are examples of messed up priorities. The last most enjoyable BF experience I had was with BC2. Now that was a game that was truly fantastic and amazing to play with.

7. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    BC2 was the first step in the grave for this game

8. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    1942, BF1, BF2 were amazing fun. So too was the Desert Combat mod. The reason they were good was because they were only designed for only for the PC, they had no limitations for hardware. Look at BF4 and how many consoles the game has been released on, PC, PS3, Xbox360, PS4, Xbone 1. No wonder the game is a big design mess. Like you said it's just a cash in on the Battlefield name, nothing more.

9. dcx_badass

dcx_badass Guest

GPU:
    Palit GTX 1060 6GB
    The whole game is too small. No map even comes to size/scale as say Midway, Wake or El Alamein in BF1942. Map count sucks as well, DCX mod had 70 maps, now that was good.

10. ElFishoIII

ElFishoIII Guest

Eh, I've been having lots of fun. This is the the first game I've played since I stopped playing CoD years ago that feels like it finally filled the FPS gap in my life. As I've gotten older I've learned not to expect so much from games/movies/etc and honestly I enjoy stuff a lot more because of it. Sorry so many of you are let down.

11. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    Mentallity is always important and alot of us may got to expect alot due to trailers and the general marketing or due to hidden hopes mistakes that were made in the last game were fixed.

12. ElementalDragon

ElementalDragon Ancient Guru

GPU:
    NVidia RTX 4090 FE
    was wondering how i still didn't have the 3x scope for the .44.... turns out it's cause of the Veteran battlepack that i'm still unable to get.

13. Solfaur

Solfaur Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 3080Ti Gaming OC
    First time I hear about a veteran battlepack, I haven't gotten any and I have several BF games registered to my profile (which you can see in BF3...).

14. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @ default Ultra decoration, with that extra tweak GstRender.UndergrowthQuality 3 instead of 2
    and its always looks like so
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

lol still no player shadow when on the bike xD
    [​IMG]

15. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    @Tj. You still have to put decoration on medium to get ultra? I'm gonna try this now see.

16. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    This is actually beautifull

17. zigihammer

zigihammer Guest

GPU:
    GTX1060
    New PC arrived :)
    <sig

BF4 time :)

18. MarkosDL

MarkosDL Master Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 6750XT Dual OC
    enjoy :)

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    No its at default ultra :) no switching every time, all I did was change that value to 3 instead of default 2 @ ultra (was at 2 by BF4beta too, Bf3 has correct 3).. Also added it in user.cfg.

And I dont force TrAA in driver or it could cause conflicts with foliage @ultra.. Saw it once at Paracel Storm map - was on one small island and it disappeared at certain angle, rendered less.. High or lower was ok.

Im forcing driver FXAA, with LOD-2 and ingame 115% supersampling
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 18, 2014
  20. HonoredShadow

HonoredShadow Ancient Guru

GPU:
    msi 4090
    So what your saying is putting that setting on 3 forces ultra regardless? Or am I reading that wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.