Nvidia GeForce 331.93 BETA - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by RPGgamesplayer, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    What I meant was that you can't just rise frequency without setting the correct timings. And doing so manually won't change them, resulting into BSoD and crashes.

2. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Why would you want to do that, well, easy: Because the XMP profile either doesn't work well or there's still headroom left for better timings/frequency.
    Of course you can use it, the point is though that you don't *need* to use it.
    And yes, there are platforms (or were? could've been a while) where you needed to overclock your bus (no matter how it may be called) to gain a certain memory speed, for example if the platform doesn't provide the memory multiplier needed.

3. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Hmm, those platforms are really old and most probably dead for a long time.
    Some mobos have list of certified RAM modules (ASUS mobos are known for this). So if you use different modules and you start experiencing stability issues, you know why.
    XMP profile is set by manufacturer. Which means those values are suppose to work. If they don't (and you know your mobo support those modules), you should return them for warranty.

4. dsbig

dsbig Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Nvidia 4070
    system wont run stable at all with the XMP enabled.

and it all same hyperxblu memory cards.

if I change the timings to higher values its runs more stable. but will bsod later in the day.

I think the problem is the voltage required for the cards(1.65) is past the standard

Last edited: Jan 6, 2014

5. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    @terepin: Not necessarily something that's extremely old. Depends what you'd call old! The CPU I'm still running won't let me use more than a 2133 memory multiplier. I'm using faster RAM though. If I wanted to use that speed I'd need to raise the bus speed a little.

XMP isn't supposed to do anything but make life easier. Profiles often use command rates of 1 while 2 would usually be the better option (for stability).
    XMP settings are great as a guideline, a first step. Nothing more.

6. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Well that depends if your mobo supports more than 2133.
    Mine has 2. My previous RAM had 2 as well. Just saying.

7. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    Yes, at least two for me also but they won't always have a "matching" one. My previous Corsair RAM, for example, only hat 1T command rate in its XMP profiles. This G.Skill RAM now has profiles with 1T and 2T.
    As I said, XMP is just there to aid and give a rough guideline. Nothing more.

8. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I am running on XMP profile just fine.

9. Radical_53

Radical_53 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3
    So? It still doesn't prove the point you were trying to make. And it's horribly OT also.

10. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I am not denying what you are saying. :) I just wanted to point out that you can function on XMP profile without any modifications if you want.

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    some more offtopic from me

aye and I tested further and finally made it stable at 2400mhz via XMP, the tirck was in 7-8 adv timings, default sets to high and I get 25gb/s instead of 35gb/s. ;)

[​IMG] [​IMG]

But I will try lower tRFC, 313 looks a bit high default at 2133mhz is 171.

edit:
    trfc 214 is perfect :D
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

12. MAD5

MAD5 Guest

GPU:
    SLI Titan EVGA / ASUS
    I saw just today techpowerup put this driver online on their site, but I have it running since more than a month, like this thread. It is the same version more than a month later? or they changed something? It is very strange for me because they usually put new drivers download the same day they appear on NVidia site.

13. NeoandGeo

NeoandGeo Guest

GPU:
    Geforce GTX 970 @1420
    Been using these almost a month and a half and I would like some more single card optimizations for BF4/AC4 and Nvidia is refusing to deliver. Any word on a new driver?