Modded Drivers for ATI Legacy Devices?

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Espionage724, May 31, 2013.

1. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The latest version of the Driver can be found in the Link below
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799

2. EonJone

EonJone Guest

GPU:
    ATI Radeon Express 1150
    IS working to Window 8 for ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

3. Glitchy Girl

Glitchy Girl Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 1150
    I do apologize for the semi necro here... and feel worse since it *is* my first post here.

But I've been vainly attempting to find ANY drivers which will work with my poor laptop. This being the case, I decided to stick win 7 on it (because it was the only disk within reach and I'm currently at a hotel and do not have any other OS discs on hand :( )

My laptop is an older dell 1501, with the radeon 1150 (which apparently is detected as an x200?. I've attempted to get it to work.... and have had NO luck making this run.

Most of the time, I get the incompatible OS error, when I attempt to install it, but I think that is due to the fact that I didn't have driver signing disable by doing the f8 on launch thing?

That being said, I attempted to use the drivers indicated in the post above me... but it will not successfully install the drivers since it cannot find a device on the list?

And in the case of the ONLY driver I was able to sucessfully install? (ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.5 All Supported OS) It did this not so nice thing where it installed, however my screen would not actually output anything... at all. I could log in just fine (roughly clicking where I input my password and hitting enter) and it would make all it's nice log in sounds. It would just not actually show anything.

That being said, I'm quite stumped and after three days of downloading who knows how many packages I'm getting kind of tired. :x

Also... anyone know of any good programs to wipe out the list of devices, or the drivers related to (which may make them show up?) in the hardware device screen? This being because after several botched attempts to also try installing the drivers by hand (doing the have disk option, and picking the driver) I've also built up quite a list of those. :|

Thank you ahead of time!

Also I do wish to add, that I have in hopes of attempting a "clean install" been using the display driver uninstaller to remove every failed attempt made using the setup.exe files for the driver packages.

Annnnnd another edit. Just wanting to let people know in case they are wishing to suggest it. I *have* downloaded FLEM and did attempt to use it. The problem I ran into is,that as this *is* a stock install for windows 7, there are no drivers and right now my radeon 1150/x200 is being detected as a "standard VGA graphics" adapter.

Thus I am completely stumped at the moment. :(

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    All drivers includes a Package Cleaner and a Driver Cleaner in the Dx9 swithcer
    If you are using HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.5 UPD then you would need to have already installed an AMD Driver. (This build does not support installation from the Basic Display Adapter and will only result in the driver not loading while also being stuck at 1024x768 Resolution. Please follow the instructions listed on the 12.11 Modded Legacy Thread before continuing to install the driver.
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=372799

5. Glitchy Girl

Glitchy Girl Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 1150
    Originally I'd attempted to use the other driver that you'd linked, but had switched over to attempting to use the one you'd mentioned afterwards.

That being said, however. I've looked over the link you pointed me to (which then points me to: " http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4690959&postcount=2512 ".

And I am fine up to the point where it asks me to run the cleaners. However, I find myself uncertain as to which drivers I might be able to use as a base ati driver (something that is not the default install!).

That being said, would it be possible for me to just use the stock driver that seems to come in the form of a windows update as a starting point?

Thank you ahead of time for you patience with me in sorting all of this out!
    -Glitchy

6. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Hi, could you run your DEV-ID by me, i'm thinking the driver you tried doesn't have support for your specific card.

7. Glitchy Girl

Glitchy Girl Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 1150
    Sure!

This is what I got when I went in there.

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_01F51028&REV_00
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&SUBSYS_01F51028
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_5975&CC_0300

That being said, I do hope it accurately reflects what I have. Because at the moment all it shows me is that I have a, "Standard VGA Graphics Adapter" when I get in and look at the hardware IDs.

This being that I'm not sure if this is actually reflected by the hardware or by the way the computer detects them thanks to drivers botched driver installs? Again sorry for my ignorance but yeah... this is out of the scope of things that I've dabbled in so far!

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me out!
    -Glitchy

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  8. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3

Yes, a driver from Windows Update for your Graphic Card should be Upgradable when using the UPD Build.

9. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    Yes that seems to check out as the true DEV-ID, my driver in the above post should work on your system. Did you start-up your machine with driver signature disabled? You should always disable driver signature enforcement.
    I hate to say this but you could use FLEM and craft yourself a worthy driver, it doesn't matter if you have Microsoft Windows drivers installed. If you need any help modding let me know:)

10. Glitchy Girl

Glitchy Girl Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 1150
    Yep, I sure did! Or at least, I THINK I did! I would do this simply by restarting the computer and mashing F8 a few times, and from there selecting the option to load with it disabled correct?

Also it's not a problem at all, I'm not at all above jumping in and playing around to make things, because I do most definitely enjoy the learning process! That being said I'd simply just download a driver package and navigate to the indicated directory as shown and make my tweaks there as the guide indicates, right?

Well, thank you again for the info and I'll let you know if I get stumped!
    - Glitchy

*EDIT*

Well I think I mostly was able to get done what I needed to. However I ran into another strange error. After successfully modding the package so that I could use the drivers you'd created using FLEM I ran into an issue when I was installing it where everything appeared to install, just fine with the exception for an error I got indicating some sort of trouble with the certificate.

It puzzled me quite a bit because I'd taken the steps to avoid this by hitting f8 and booting with signatures and so on disabled. And when I rebooted after installing the drivers, this was further reinforced when I'd found that I'd not thought to hit f8 and load that again, so found that it didn't want to load the drivers because they were unsigned. (a simple reboot fixed this so no big deal)

This left me wondering though, why would this happen? If I was able to install everything, and get a status about it... why would I get one of these error boxes (I didn't make a specific note towards what file it was talking about :/) complaining about unsigned drivers?

Thank you ahead of time!

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

11. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    You will end with an unsigned driver eveytime you make a MOD so that is pretty much normal getting drivers that won't be installed with driver signature enabled. I'd suggest you install ReadyDriverplus http://www.citadelindustries.net/rdp.php and automate the startup process of your computer to get rid of all those annoying steps when starting your computer. That certificate prompt is associated with driver signature enforcement but personally have never experienced it after modding all them drivers in the past:) PS: What driver package did you MOD?
    Glad I could help out, hope you got the performance you were expecting.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013
  12. Glitchy Girl

Glitchy Girl Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 1150
    I most definitely did see an improvement running the modded drivers you'd originally linked, "ATI Radeon Xpress 200M)13.5_Beta2_win7+8 32_64bit". Seeing as I can now with some tweaks play Terraria xD

This being the case, it IS running a bit slow, but then again I'm running windows 7 on 2 gigs and an IGP which in turn also uses the ram from the 2 gigs. So it shouldn't be a horrible surprise that something would go slow under these conditions.

That being said the only thing I may do is just make a fresh install on the drivers as well, now that I actually know what I'm doing. :)

Thank you again for your help, and also for the tip on ready driver plus!
    -Glitchy

13. Cartridge

Cartridge Guest

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 1150
    Any chance to get this working with XP X64 Xpress 1150?

14. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
    It can't work on the 64bit version of XP, it's just for the 32bit version.

15. T1m3rlan

T1m3rlan Guest

GPU:
    x1950 pro\256
    Can I get any modded driver for Radeon x 1950 pro (256 Mb) on windows 7 (32 bit) ?

PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&SUBSYS_22041787&REV_9A
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&SUBSYS_22041787
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&CC_030000
    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_7280&CC_0300

16. Saubha82

Saubha82 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon Xpress 1100 128 MB
    Really need help...

Hello I am new to this forum, and could greatly use your help. I have an Acer Aspire 5050-5430 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. My graphics card is a Radeon Xpress 1100, and I have been trying to use FLEM to modify the driver package 13-12_mobility_win7_win8_64_dd_ccc_whql. I have tried every permutation/combination I can think of, and the driver installation is still giving me errors. Every time I try, the installation of the display driver fails. I would like to have a custom driver that enables all the features this card can muster, as that is what I was trying to do with FLEM.
    I see you have been very helpful to many in other posts, so I do hope you can help me. If you can, then please do let me know, I would be much obliged. Thanks so much, and I hope you had a very happy new year!

- Saurabh

P.S. I was trying to send this post in a private message originally to Amiloman, but apparently since I am new I cannot yet do this. I do hope you can see this Amiloman, as it seems you are someone who can truly help me. I am sure there are lots of knowledgeable people in this group, so anyone who can help, please do not hesitate. I really want to get this working, as I am getting terrible performance out of my laptop and this card with the highly outdated driver I am currently using. Thank you all so much, and I hope you all have had a very happy holiday!

17. saiepourf

saiepourf Guest

GPU:
    ATI Xpress 1150
    Help me please!!!!

Hi,
    could you please reupload the files as I really require them to have my video drivers installed on my laptop.
    Im really new to the whole modding thing.:pc1:
    The file seems to no longer exist.
    Thanks in advance.

18. AmiloMan

AmiloMan Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte 270x 4GB
  19. jajy

jajy Guest

GPU:
    ati radeon xpress 200m
    update driver ati radeon express 200m

Hello , I know this posts is old but I would try to ask . I'm Italian and I'm using google translate so it will difficult to explain . :david:
    I have notebook amilo li 1718 windows 7 32 bit home gpu ati radeon xpress 200m and I would like to update the drive 'cause the version released by amd ati support be maximum 8.593.100.0 dated 02.10.2010 and on firefox I can not use hardware accelerators and on the about: support I read " Blocked Because Of The version of the graphics card driver . Update the drivers to version 9.6 or later ." :no:
    Now I have tried " ( ATI Radeon Xpress 200M + 1100 ) 13.5_Beta2_win7 32_64bit + 8 " and I forced (forced because all installations of all drivers do not install , only the original fujitsu driver support , installs :chainsaw2: ) the drive CE155949 . inf and CW155949 and installed xpress 1100 ( " flem modd " if I remember correctly :confused: ) and for the first time in a long time, drivers are updated , and the message of firefox " updated drivers hardware accelerator works " :banana: in short, everything works perfectly ; but :help: , that's the reason why I'm writing , whenever you get the user control account win to run a program the system crashes the notebook is off in bad way :eek:c: . I ask you how I can solve this problem. Thank you very much :)

20. manunam

manunam Guest

GPU:
    Radeon Xpress 200m
    Ciao,

may I ask you what's your current Windows Experience Graphics score in Win7 32bit?
    I have a Turion64 laptop, HP Nx6125 with ATI Radeon Xpress 200m (with shared memory), currently using 8.561.0.0 drivers, and I get a score of 2.0 with very poor performances (FullHD H264 videos are extremely slow if Aero is enabled, Youtube videos only play OK if firefox window is resized to include just the video frame).

Grazie, ciao