Lian Li DK01 Desk Chassis Kinda Thingy

Discussion in 'Frontpage news' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Hilbert Hagedoorn

Hilbert Hagedoorn Don Vito Corleone Staff Member

GPU:
    AMD | NVIDIA
    Lian Li is working on a nice little marketing product, the DK01 is a prototype chassis that also works as your desk. The DK01 measures 800mm x 795mm x 60mm (W x H x D), it has room for motherboards as...

Lian Li DK01 Desk Chassis Kinda Thingy

2. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    Perfect for apatments and tiny rooms where space is lmited. Now as long as the price is @ or below 300 they should sell a few.

3. Fyew-jit-tiv

Fyew-jit-tiv Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 580 Hydro 3GB x2
    And our survey says......X. Freaking UGLY! Reminds me of the old school desk we used to have at primary school

4. Aura89

Aura89 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Leg room? I have maybe 3 inches of space between my desk and me, and the desk is maybe only 1 inch thick, meaning 4 inches(ish) from my legs, to the keyboard and mouse. This, to me, is perfect amount of space , any higher and my arms go too far up it'd feel like i'm on a kiddie chair. This desk/case does not seem feasible at all, again that's just me, and i like the idea, but i'd rather not have to reach up and tilt my head up just to use my PC which should be level with me

5. BLEH!

BLEH! Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire Fury
    That'd be cool for modding.

6. red6joker

red6joker Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980TI Gaming
    Nice desk but pricing and leg room will be the deciding factor.

7. viliu24

viliu24 Guest

GPU:
    vtx3d 7970 / 16gb ram
    300? u must be jocking , any of their product is waaaaaaaaaaaay to expensive but i agree that the build quality is great and they always they took huge care on design. Anyway , i really love this concept , i use to have something similar (made by me) where i use to work once.Though there is a big problem , i do not think this will be suitable to all the people since it doesn't have height adjustment , or if it does i can't figure out from the pics how its working.Another thing is that it has side fans and seems they blow air inside , but if does blow outside i don't think everyone will be happy with it .

8. hallryu

hallryu Don Altobello

GPU:
    2x HD7970
    Fugly. What room does this actually save? Enough room for your keyboard and mouse as well as a brew, some paperwork or whatever you're doing? Legroom looks crap too.

9. CronoGraal

CronoGraal Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 6900XT Merc 319
    it's lian-li, so expect to overpay. they had some following half a decade ago but are out of their minds nowadays.

10. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I don't think it's very attractive. It looks way too small. The point of a desk build (to me) is that it should be relatively large, and they are generally meant to hold water cooling/ultra high end parts.

11. killer_939

killer_939 Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 7950 @ 1100/1500
    They should make one that's only an inch thick with all those features, i can't use a desk that is any thicker.

12. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    It's a fantastic concept, but I think they've dropped the ball with that design. I'd love to see a larger desk-case that's more pleasing to the eye.

13. scatman839

scatman839 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080, KD55XD800
    God damn that looks awful.

It's got legs that looks on par with some cheap garden furniture set.

14. orky87

orky87 Guest

GPU:
    R9_Nano
    Having nothing below or on top!? You know office style?

Keeping your rig up higher away from dust may be another deciding factor which in this case this desk/case should fit that role nicely.

But yeah no one can argue that this one's utterly impractical and the designers of it had no ergonomics in mind. Hopefully one day they'll get it right!

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
  15. StewieTech

StewieTech Chuck Norris

GPU:
    MSI gtx 960 Gaming
    Agree. I´d buy one of these if the price was right. I put the peripherals on top of it and it´d be cool.

16. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    Looks like Lian-Li was inspired by the L3pd3sk....

17. D1RTYD1Z619

D1RTYD1Z619 Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Looks like an Ikea hack job.

18. TheSarge

TheSarge Guest

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3080 TI FT
    The concept is interesting, but it falls down in three major ways.

1) The table legs are too dam short. If I had to sit at this table/case I would be uncomfortable as hell. While it is fine to make the table legs box-type for strength and stability, if they want anyone my height to actualy sit at this... thing.... then the legs have to be taller. A lot taller. Perhaps they can offer it in the customer's choice of leg sizes(?)

2) I don't want my PC built into my desk. And there's a reason for that: Hard drives. HDDs don't like to be jostled; They have an annoying tendency to fail when you do that to them. Even if they're in vibration-dampening mounts, subjecting a HDD to unnecessary vibration and shock is not a good idea. Well guess what? I've got a keyboard, and I pound my fingers on it all day long. If my keyboard is on my desk and my desk has HDDs in it then I'm applying unnesisary shock and vibration to my HDDs. Now why would I want to do that when I don't have to?

3) Fugly.This thing looks like it was inspired by the most ridiculously impractical furniture of the 20th century. The color sceme is all wrong. The top-heavy design shouts out "Tip me over and watch me fail!" The thinness of the legs versus the thickness of the table is just stupidly unbalanced. The transparent tabletop is tacky.

In short, this is one of those things you buy while in a manic impulse buying frenzy of e-penis insanity and then immediately regret. Do yourself a favour and skip this one.

19. Doug

Doug Guest

GPU:
    GTX 970
    I like it generally but as said above I can't believe they went with those legs and the 4 little black plastic feet. Even a little change, like if the legs were black or matt black or brushed alu like everything else, would improve it

but who cares, as HH said "nice little marketing product"

20. stereoman

stereoman Master Guru

GPU:
    Palit RTX 3080 GPRO
    I think this could be really cool for a music workstation not necessarily for a gaming rig, i'd love to have one of these on stage with me, would make a nice change from the usual laptop setup, I imagine it must get quite heavy tho, if they could make it portable somehow i'd definitely look into it.