Core i3-4130 vs AMD FX-6300

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Adi6293, Dec 24, 2013.

1. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Many of those graphs are pointless, since people should not mix an i3 or current type AMD gpu's with a high end graphics card. You get them as stand alone mostly. In this case. AMD wins, and will do so more once Kaveri is released. Then you can crossfire with the right gcn discrete card.

2. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    The hybrid CF has never worked properly most of the time it has a negative effect. I would have gone with the i3 as a place holder personally and upgrade to a broadwell i5/7 in a year but that's just me. You guys should not turn your noses up at the i3's they are still adequate in games as a lot if games still rely on single thread performance in which case the a Haswell core is much faster than a vishera core.

3. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    I would like to see some facts to that i have a I3 2100 and it has trouble running
    loads of Games on anything above medium-High even with a 7950.
    The FX 6300 and 8320-50 will in any CPU reliant game beat it by quite a fair amount.

Just a few Games that destroy the I3
    Planetside 2
    Battlefield 3
    Battlefield 4
    Arma 2-3

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  4. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    In all fairness the 2100 and 4130 are two different CPU's but yes games like those that are very well multi-threaded yes the difference will be evident but not as much as you may think. Now games like AC3, L4D2, CS:GO and any COD I'd take the i3. AM3+ is basically a dead socket as it seems that steamroller will not come in an AM3+ variant. The best OP could do in that case as an upgrade is an 8350, with the 1150 socket he could upgrade to a 5770k later.

5. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    insults are a sign of a weak argument.....

The fact that they felt the need to falsify their iGPU results only serves as proof that the site is Intel biased and willing to falsify benchmark results to that effect (when they can get away with it). Coincidentally, their Metro: Last Light "benchmark results" prove that as well.

For HTPC purposes and light gaming, iGPU is sufficient.

If all you play are single-threaded games, the i3 makes sense. If the game can make use of more than 4 cores, the i3 is going to lose. You can see that in the 4 game charts I posted above.

I didn't even have to search for an obviously biased review site to get my graphs.....

6. rflair

rflair Don Coleus Staff Member

GPU:
    5700XT
    Take it easy on the language folks. :)

7. ---TK---

---TK--- Guest

GPU:
    2x 980Ti Gaming 1430/7296
    Funny read.

8. CPC_RedDawn

CPC_RedDawn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    PNY RTX4090
    Where abouts are you from?

If your in the UK I have some parts for sale at the moment, i7 960 D0 and a Gigabyte X58 board. I have them on ebay but If you offer me a good price I might consider taking them down and selling to you :)

9. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I agree. I don't know why Airbud is losing his **** over something so trivial. Everyone should know at this point that Intel has dominant performance in all game engines. But an i3 is certainly not better than an 8350, outside of rigged comparisons with older games/apps. In BF4/Crysis 3 an 8350 is about equal with a stock i5 because the games actually scale correctly on all the cores. So how exactly is an i3 going to be faster?

10. DSparil

DSparil Guest

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3080
    Although its clear the OP has already chosen a processor, this one definitely is an interesting read lol. Somehow, it never ceases to amaze how much some people will stand behind their product and defend it until the final breath. The i3 is a good dual core, but that's about it. If you feel that a dual core processor in this day and age is the way to go? More power to you. Well, actually that would be less power to you.

11. TeGarchoFF

TeGarchoFF Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 1070 Turbo
    Kid needs a woman...

12. theimported1

theimported1 Master Guru

GPU:
    980Ti SLI on EK Blocks
    lol.