SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dwarden

Dwarden Member Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire HD7850 2048MB
    i have question, is the SMAA based off recent 2.8 or previous 2.7 revision ?
    (from my fast look it seems like the older version)

http://www.iryoku.com/smaa/#downloads

there're some small neat improvements and fixes ...

2. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Anyone get SweetFX work in Splinter Cell: Blacklist without it crashing?

3. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Why is swtor always giving me blackscreen with SweetFX?

4. Scerate

Scerate Guest

GPU:
    2080@2.1/1070N@2.0
    disable the LAA Flag from the swtor\retailclient\swtor.exe :nerd:

5. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Actually, I believe it's based off 2.6 but CeeJay has made his own improvements to the SMAA code and I'm fairly certain he had mentioned something about the improvements made by his code being the fastest SMAA you can apply. Oh and he doesn't/didn't see the need to jump from 2.6 to 2.7 or 2.8 IIRC.

6. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    Worked fine for me last time I played it o_O

7. deejaybos

deejaybos Guest

GPU:
    GTX 670
    I was able to get this package working... but it doesn't work with K-putt's latest BF4 settings. It says you need to use his shader package but when I download it, then the eFX gets all screwed up.

What am I doing wrong? Is it possible to use K-putt's settings with the eFX? It's the only one that I've gotten to work with Windows 8.1 x64.

8. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    I have.

But i found the problem, had to use normal SweetFX, i used sweetfx+eFX.

9. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB

I don't know K-putt BF4 setting, maybe some incompatibility with conf file, you can just adapt my file setting with his setting.

10. milamber

milamber Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI 4080 Suprim X
    Still having problems with SC: Blacklist. I disabled MSI Afterburner OSD and I can now use SweetFX without the game crashing.

But with SweetFX enabled (Lumasharpen only) it just makes the game so dark I can barely see anything. I use SweetFX with most games and that's never happened before.

11. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    Enable SMAA, it's a bug i think

12. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Merry Christmas everyone!

I hope you all got the gifts you were hoping for and survived the Christmas dinners.

I'm winding down after all the Christmas stress - spending the days with my family.

13. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    BTW .. I hope everyone have noticed that Left 4 Dead 2 is free today on steam.
    It would be a shame to miss out on that.

14. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    Yeah, I've noticed that. Thank you and I wish the same to you and to everyone else.

When I went to bed I said to myself "I have to sleep for just five hours then wake up".

But I slept for ten hours and Steam was already down when I came to.

I was lurking the net, strggling with Steam, when someone told me about the L4D2 being free and I found that it went free just a few minutes before I woke up.

Now, I cannot buy Shelter nor anything else... I wish that I just kept on sleeping...

EDIT:

I am glad that I was awake until now =p I got Shelter and I got L4D2 haha :)

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013
  15. zomb69

zomb69 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 670 OC/3Dsyncmaster
    awesome good to be back. want to say thanks for this awesome mod. and free l4d2!!! cant wait to see it with sweetFX.... also hope you can get it working with dx11 warthunder

Last edited: Dec 26, 2013

16. mrblobby

mrblobby Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II
    Just signed up here to say thanks to CeeJay and Crosire etc. for their hard work, I've used SweetFX for a while now but recently upgraded to Win 8.1 for better performance in BF4 and discovered it doesn't work yet (RadeonPro doesn't work for me and seems like a lot of hassle even if I could get it to work).

Hopefully you have a good xmas and time with your family CJ and I can't wait until I can use SweetFX again, I don't really care for most of the effects but SMAA is an absolute godsend in some games as FXAA is too blurry and MSAA too costly (some games only support SSAA which is even worse).

I don't really get why SMAA isn't available in more games, it's a way better form of AA than FXAA and yet pretty much every game seems to have FXAA as a post-process AA. Crysis 3 looks fantastic with it though at 2Tx with minimal performance hit. It would be great if it was implemented into Nvidia Inspector alternatively though- obviously you're not affiliated with them but do you think this would be theoretically possible without official Nvidia support in Control Panel?

17. kurtferro

kurtferro Guest

GPU:
    SAPPHIRE NiTRO R9 390 WB
    For bf4 you miss that:
    http://forums.guru3d.com/showpost.php?p=4720887&postcount=777

18. mrblobby

mrblobby Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX 770 Direct CU II
    It says SMAA doesn't work, which is the only bit I want!

19. n9nu

n9nu Member

GPU:
    NV GeForce RTX 4090
    Win8.1 64 Bit SweetFX Config Questions...

Hi

I am trying to install the SweetFX package with BF4 on Win8.1 64 Bit and just wanted to verify a few things before I do so.

I downloaded the modded files shown on the last page (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=381912&page=27) that are compatible with Win 8.1 64 bit mode and was wondering about what file(s) I need to rename after copying them all. It appears that I have to rename the configuration file that I downloaded for BF4 to the following:

SweetFX_settings.txt

Is this correct ? Each config file I download must be renamed to reflect the file name above ?

I chose a few different config files from the SweetFX Settings Database from: http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/newlist/

The one I would like to try first is: AaGeOn's BF4 SweetFX Full v1.06

Update: I just saw the updated file (SweetFX+EFX Beta win 8.1) in the readme file so I download that one from here (http://www.mediafire.com/download/gzyig7kciwumsyi/SweetFX+EFX Beta win 8.1.exe)

I am assuming then that I must use these files instead of the ones shown/downloaded above and just rename the file as indicated.

Thanks guys

Tim

Reactor-Critical
    N9NU
    N944LA

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
  20. bwat47

bwat47 Guest

GPU:
    MSI GTX 970
    Yeah I tried that one. smaa and fxaa didn't work at all (but the other effects did).

I also can't get radeonpro's smaa to work in windows 8.1/bf4 :( radeonpro's smaa works for me in other games, just not bf4. and radeonpro's other settings, such as fxaa work fine for me in bf4, just not smaa :/

I'm going crazy not being able to use smaa in bf4 in windows 8.1!

Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.