MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    anyone having problems with 2d/3d profiles with the RTSS beta? it apply 3d clocks all time, even in desktop with everything closed even with low aplication detection level

in win7 i have the same problem, im using the default voltage :(

Last edited: Dec 20, 2013
  2. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    If it is low-level, not via driver, I guess it can't be as it is too danger?
    ----
    Did you make sure that no any hardware acceleration software is running?
    Like Logitech Gaming Mouse.

3. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    logitech gaming software never activated 3d clocks with RTSS for 32bits apps, but i tried closing it and still stucked on 3dclocks :(

4. prelude

prelude Guest

GPU:
    2X R9 290X

Hi Unwinder,

An MSI rep posted this today on Newegg. Does this make any sense to you?

[​IMG]

Seems like they expect voltage support for the 280X gaming to be added to Afterburner soon?

Thanks

Edit:

I took a card apart to take a picture of the voltage controller for you:

[​IMG]

That's from a 280X Gaming PCB Version 1.1

Last edited: Dec 21, 2013

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    So I has no idea, as the LGS has enable Optimus graphic card for me, as they are still using OpenGL after minimize it to Tray.
    (And the workaround for it is disable "Enable enhanced graphics")

I guess you need to find out which software is still using D3D/OGL, even they are minimized like LGS.

6. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

The same as above. Click "i" to list active 3D processes, if you're talking about Afterburner's internal 2D/3D profiles engine. If you're talking about GPU's own 2D/3D clocking then it is beyond software control and doesn't depend on the application.

7. Unwinder

Thanks, I wish you great holidays as well. The closest task is to have a rest of coding a bit. ;)

8. Unwinder

I've already replied that I do not have anything related to this card in my tasks list. The card is even not on the way to me.
    I have nothing to add to it, please contact MSI to clarify it. It is your legitimate right to return it if you dislike anything related to your purchase.

9. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    im talking about 2d/3d AB profiles, and this works thanks to RTSS, but with this new beta version it getting stucked in 3d all time

10. Unwinder

Then READ what I posted slowly. Click "I" and see which process is listed as 3D then add it to profiles/exceptions list if necessary, that's absolute basics of using 2D/3D profiling functionality.

11. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    Ok seems was a headset driver cuasing it, i was waiting long time for automatic profiles for 64bits games cause the only way to tweak voltage on my gpu is through "force constant voltage" + automatic profiles, thanks a lot !!!! :)

12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good to hear about that, I think you might tell the name of headset here, so that if other people having the same issues with the same headset, then they also has the solution, if they don't know about the 'i' function, or the hardware acceleration having some issues, and they don't know that software using hardware acceleration like the LGS.:)

Anyways, this show that, most driver for USB mouse/headset don't release the resource after minimize, and causing many issues.

13. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    i dont know about "I" function, i tried closing process in taskmanager

14. prelude

prelude Guest

GPU:
    2X R9 290X

Ok, thank you for the conformation. Happy holidays Unwinder, stay safe!

15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    So that's works too, even it is not great for killing processes.

16. HuMa

HuMa Member

GPU:
    7950 WF3 @ 1150/1500
    kill the process if AB turn 3d clocks to 2d then go to RTSS and put it in none aplication level, profit.

17. matthiman

matthiman Guest

GPU:
    MSI 6870 Twin Frozr II
    Hi

I posted here cause I can't modify voltage on my sapphire dual-x 280X.
    I made all neccesary mofification in AB (I use it since a long time and all was ok with my 7950).
    I can move cursor but modification doesn't apply (gpu-z always give me 1.125v when I put 1.25v in AB for example).
    And AB sensor GPU voltage always shown 1.2v even is cursor is at 1.14v (original) or 1.225v

But after reading previous page, which is mentionning UEFI bios, I think that's the problem as my motherboard and my graphic card have an UEFI bios.
    Can it be dut to something else ?

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013
  18. CyberDemonVZ

CyberDemonVZ Guest

GPU:
    MSI N570GTX M2D12D5
    Hi!
    My friend is having this issue, and I cannot find single one post here with the same error message:
    "Some system components cannot be hooked right now. It is strongly recommended to restart application."
    He tried full wipe, and install (as Administrator), adding all programs to Firewall exeptions, starting all programs as Administrator, turning on Custom Direct3D support...

When he start RTSS for the first time, he gets this message. Then RTTS restart, and then desktop recording works.
    But, when he starts BF4, he gets this error again, restarts RTSS, but recording or OSD are not working in game.

19. Unwinder

Either AV or other hook tool is preventing RTSS initialization.

20. CyberDemonVZ

CyberDemonVZ Guest

GPU:
    MSI N570GTX M2D12D5
    Thank you! I will tell him to disable AV.
    And, just in case if it's not AV, what kind of software could do this?

EDIT: same problem after disabling AV :(

Last edited: Dec 22, 2013