DayZ

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by korn666, May 16, 2012.

1. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Cheers :)

2. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    I'm getting this game either next week or the week after. So if your not on my friends list, add me. Maybe we can get together in game some time. My Steam name is the same as it is here.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/PhazeDelta1/

3. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    There has been no performance optimization yet, but if you've played other Bohemia games, you'll know not to expect miracles. I get full gpu utilization in the open, but experience big drops in the cities - same as the ArmA games. It's just something most of us put up with because we love the game otherwise. Would be amazing to play it with a solid 60+ fps though. One can always dream...

4. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    I don't believe it will make a difference. As I understand it, view distance is set by the server in the interest of fair play to those playing the game on a toaster.

5. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    It works. I have tested it.

Edit: Correction. It was working last night but doesnt seem to now.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  6. BangTail

BangTail Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 2080 Ti XC
    Oh yes, I've been playing their games since the OFP demo.

A2 runs a lot better than DayZ for me but I don't think SLI is working properly even though both GPUs are being used, and as you said, there has been no optimization.

7. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    joined 2 servers and both were deep dark night. wtf? game runs in real time? i cant see a sht..

back to BF4 then.

8. Straykatt

Straykatt Guest

GPU:
    3090 FE
    I haven't been able to figure out how to ditch a zed once he goes agro..

I finally started to collect worthy stuff.. Backpack, handguns, M4, etc.. Motorcycle helmet.. Then I turn the corner and got shot.. "You are dead" haha that's how my game ended last night.
    I had a strange bug on my first round on a different server, I couldn't open any doors..

A good way to gain fps is turn off AO and AA. The game needs a lot of work but can be fun at times.

Night time is tougher. Turn up the gamma and use the flashlight. But I found a day server last night.

9. harkinsteven

harkinsteven Guest

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    This was because you joined a server with a different version. There is a dev build available on steam.

10. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600

11. Mr.Bigtime

Mr.Bigtime Ancient Guru

GPU:
    4090 on Laptop
    sht news :( . i think iam gonna buy AC4 and wait for this to be mature.

Nether, other altewrnat***351;ive to this game is sht too..why they dont make a proper zombie mmo :(

12. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 2080 Ti
    Ok i take it back, watched some video's, gotta have it.

Buying it this Friday.

13. Undying

Undying Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX RX6800XT 16GB
    They are trying but some people are hard to please, it's all sh1t to them.

14. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    One of the only thing i was waiting from the standalone was the security measures. Script kiddies single handedly destroyed the mod ( among other issues, but that was one of the biggest ) with their ****ty scripts.

And it ends up being the exact same **** as ArmA 2.

Disappointed is an understatement.

Sure VAC isn't active, but aren't they using a " brand new " MMO architecture that took close to a year to develop ?

Yeah. Right.

15. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Rocket on the supposed hacking (I have not experienced any myself):

[–]rocket2gunsRocket 30 points 1 hour ago*
    If this kind of thing is happening, then it's a small hole that has been left open somewhere.
    The client doesn't even have the data required to do most actions, such as modifier information and the such.
    I'm not saying that reports are untrue, but if it is happening it will be a simple bug that needs to close a hole somewhere.

[–]rocket2gunsRocket [score hidden] 43 minutes ago
    We can't really comment in detail on out anti-hack methods as it makes them less effective.
    Please remember functionality for the architecture was greatly reduced for the initial launch, to both help identify the key weaknesses and ensure the server could withstand the load.
    This functionality will be turned on slowly over the next few weeks.

16. Wanny

Wanny Guest

Because it is sht lol. Mod was fine because he was free. You had no rights to complain. Now you pay, you expect godly gameplay, hack-free experience.

17. Wanny

Wanny Guest

And now he put the nighttime even more pitch black. Good job moron.

18. ShadowDuke

ShadowDuke Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX Radeon RX 6600
    Who is he? Since when is a mod a person? What do you want to say at all!?

19. Dorak

Dorak Guest

GPU:
    XXX
    Exactly. Wanny pretty much said what has to be said.

People have bought the game.

We're not talking about an enthusiast rock climber doing a mod during his free time anymore.

We're talking about a specific Bohemia team working on a paying product available on Steam. The difference is huge and so are the expectations.

Most people, including me, realize that the game is still heavily in progress, but that doesn't change the fact that they need to get their **** straight with security.

There's a whole world of difference between your classic aimbot / wallhack, and the ability to pretty much do whatever you want if you have a basic knowledge in scripting, that includes teleporting behind players or spawning weapons.

Which is actually the case ( don't trust me ? feel free to contact me for a proof ).

Nobody with a minimum of braincells will accept another scriptfest, just like the mod was. It will be a massive ****storm, and a perfectly justified one.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  20. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Dean Hall ***8207;@rocket2guns 7m
    I just committed compute genocide. 212604 characters killed, database wipe due to security vulnerabilities:

Edit - The game just released. Show some maturity and have some patience.

Edit #2 from dev Brian Hicks -

Brian Hicks ***8207;@Hicks_206 1h
    Steam issues should be resolved now - we're taking the opportunity to push a rolling update to address security issues.

Edit #3 - And a link to the forum thread addressing the character wipe:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.ph...bilities-fixed-by-patch-2-and-character-wipe/

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013