ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. KnightmareX

KnightmareX Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD4250 Mobility
    Yes, it shows which is in use. But I worried about the "Invalid key name" errors. The strange thing is that one of the times that i changed switchers, it showed another thing alongside the errors : "1 file(s) copied." but now, only shows the errors except for the command number 1 (Re-installs All Switchers), it shows only 1 error in the end. What do these errors mean?

2. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    The invalid key names are outputs that that does not correlate into an actual address that can be added. In other words the required data get pass through a filter which finds an address and then combines it with the data that needs to be added.

3. KnightmareX

KnightmareX Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD4250 Mobility
    In this case whatever is causing this errors does prevent switchers from working correctly?

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  4. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Nope, the settings will get applied after everything goes through the filter.

5. KnightmareX

KnightmareX Guest

GPU:
    ATI HD4250 Mobility
    Ah! Now I understand. Thank you!

6. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    Yes tried both switchers with both browsers, and then switched browser to firefox since that worked a bit better, but still not great.

7. slobo2712

slobo2712 Guest

GPU:
    2600 xt
    at me hd videos start working perfect when i applied script xFlash GPU Acceleration from 11/24/2013 drivers...

8. GF6200

GF6200 Guest

GPU:
    AMD Ref. 4870X2
    I am using a 4870X2 in place of a GTX470 that is being RMAd. I uninstalled all Nvidia drivers then installed your modified drivers via the instructions. Everything in CCC works however any game is unplayable. As in loading menus are 1FPS. I unistalled the drivers and tried to manually install the 13.1 drivers by going into device manager. This worked for some games but I do not have any GPU control in CCC. This is temporary but is there anything you suggest?

9. XtraTrstrL

XtraTrstrL Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8GB
    Wow! You are the man dellon132!

I kept passing over your modded driver, because I was looking for a regular whql to fix my issues and didn't want a hassle. It was actually very easy though, and of all the drivers I've tried all night, the only one to fix nearly everything and run flawlessly. I still have issues with youtube in firefox if I don't turn off hardware acceleration in settings(issue I've had for the longest, I think it's partially firefox and adobe incompatibilities since a far bax flash update), but I switched to Chrome a few days back, which fixes that regardless. I was using the lil Realm of the Mad God game to test my drivers, most were causing the game to run choppy and there'd be horizontal screen tearing as you move around. I kept dialing the drivers back, and a few were slightly better, but they all had the issue. Your modded driver completely stopped the issue and also any jittery objects that were visible when moving.

AMD needs to hire you, they are so incompetent. Just wondering, the registries in the first switcher folder, are those all turned on by default or do you have to click them all to get them going? Because in chrome, I remember there being no settings button when you right clicked on a youtube video, like how there is in Firefox, but after installing your modded driver the settings button is there with a "Hardware Acceleration" checkbox.

Thanx again dellon, your hard work is very appreciated.

10. liquidfox12

liquidfox12 Guest

GPU:
    ati x1400
    Tried the latest build , still the same issue , i cant figure out why the driver would work for the desktop cards but not the laptop ones , there is no changes i found in the hardware
    http://www.gpureview.com/mobility-radeon-x1400-card-452.html

on the other hand , the windows installer seems to have screwed up , cant install 10.2 legacy catalyst getting a windows installer "administrator has set policies to prevent this installation"

will probably format the laptop in the holidays and go to linux sick of the driver issues

11. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    That's great. Try the Flash Hardware Acceleration Patch for Videos and the Firefox Text Corruption Fix To resolve problems with Text when Viewing a Webpage.

All Switchers that come in the Form as a Shortcut can be Click.
    But for the Switchers that come in a normal File Form you will
    Need to run it as an Administrator.

Note:
    Almost All Switchers have Information and Instructions built into them
    all you have to do is run the Switchers.

Hmm, try using both Cleaners in Safe Mode then both into normal mode and install the Driver and Software again. (I recommend waiting for next release as I'm currently working on an alternate installer as the current AMD Installer
    is somewhat limited for the new Driver Setup.

Hmm, How does Videos play in Full Screen for all Web Browsers?

That's Great. Were you having problems playing both 1080p and 720p Videos?

if you are experiencing that bug then it's possible that Catalyst Control
    Center became corrupted. You can try using aSimple CleanUP Utility to perform a Full Uninstall of all software. Then re-install all your software
    again.

Other Thoughts
    As for the bug in which the driver appears to be installed but fails to Load
    I plan on implementing another WorkAround in the Next build. That build would probably be a Pre BETA Release since I will be asking Users to Test
    the New Installer for Bugs.

Another Thought
    If the New Installer is Widely accepted by Legacy Users I may get rid of Installation via AMD Setup as it's very limited.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2013
  12. XtraTrstrL

XtraTrstrL Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8GB
    Sweet, thnx dellon, about to run both those quick-click switchers then.

Ok, when I try clicking either of those it goes to cmd and I get an error message that "Windows cannot find 'Launchstart.ink'. Make sure that you typed the name correctly, and then try again."

Ok, scratch that, maybe, I ran them both as administrator and it went to cmd prompt and out quickly, so I assume they worked. Testing it now with Firefox. Ok, with hardware acceleration on, I still get artifacts in youtube vids in Firefox. No biggie though, I'm using Chrome, and it works there.

I think ever since clicking those 2 files the performance my have went back a bit. So I tried doing the install process again, starting from the cleaners, but I get the errors on the cleaners with the "Windows cannot find 'CleanerA\Bin\CleanerA.ink'."

Alright, I had to unrar the download again and the files launched after that. After rebooting, the computer would hang at the windows logo though. So I went to safe mode and system restored, and I'm starting over now.

Well, dunno what happened, but the screen tearing in ROTMG is back, and uninstalling completely and using the cleaners before reinstalling don't fix it. Was good while it lasted I guess.

Whoa, ok, after that last clean install, I decided to try clicking the firefox text corruption and GPU accel shortcuts again. This time they actually properly installed through cmd. It didn't actually work for Firefox hardware accel in youtube though, it still had the green artifacting all over in fullscreen. It did fix ROTMG though, and it runs smoothly again without any screen tear. So, I'll just go back to using Google Chrome from now on for browsing and youtubing, since hardware accel works fine there. I'm on an XFX HD 4890 by the way.

Thanx again dellon.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  13. fredee

fredee Guest

GPU:
    4850 / 512MB
    Hi dellon132, really appreciate for your contribution for the driver update, just wondering this driver can also support for Windows Server 2008 R2?

Actually I have two PC in my home, one is 4770 Windows 7 64 bit, another one is 4830 with Windows Server R2, both PC I use same approach for the installation, but only the 4830 one shows the package install fail. Any suggestion for this? Thank you!

14. liquidfox12

liquidfox12 Guest

GPU:
    ati x1400
    hmm ran the cleaner and it fixed the issue was able to install legacy 10.2 properly now , will stick with this for now

15. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    I tried the latest version on my 4870X2 and I can't seem to get multidisplay to work with it, CCC detects and shows the second display but doesn't seem to be sending it a signal, using the official 13.4 beta resolved the issue and multidisplay is working properly with those.

Another thing, a few of the released versions (including the latest) have a bug that causes OpenGL apps to crash under certain conditions, the bug is known to exist in the official catalyst versions 12.2 to 12.4 and then it has been resolved in later versions of catalyst, look at this link for more info about that bug :

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/...something-mesh-How-do-I-make-it/qaq-p/2302169

One more thing, the included AVIVO is still not working, I had to remove it and install an older version in order to get GPGPU features back in supported apps such as MediaEspresso.

I will try to keep testing the upcoming versions and report any new findings. thanks.

16. mythic

mythic Guest

GPU:
    Ati radeon mobility 4450
    in full sceen:

On chrome youtube videos in 1080p laggs a loot in beginning, and still some during cashing of the movie. When cashing done the video gets smoother just some micro stutter now and then. Cpu around 70-80.

On firefox just some micro stutter now and then, cpu around 60% video do look a bit worse graphic vise some time i think like blurry on the unfocused areas, like it uses less filtering or it might just be the same only i noticed on firefox.

dont remember how gamespot videos played on chrome before i uninstalled but have not had problems before when all videos played fine. Now its impossible to watch on firefox. And the video is not cashing.

on internet explorer the gamespot videos plays better although with some lags now and then.

overall ill say flash videos are taxing my computer about 30% more than used to and it seems like things like progress bars and menus that pop in and out of the videos are a big part of it, when moving the mouse so that progress bar shows almost always makes for stuttering movie.

hope it helps in narrowing the problem, most likely you need a pretty low spec machine like mine to really notice the cpu increase lately.

17. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, when you say Green Screen bug, are you stating the entire Screen is covered in Green? If so next update may possibly fix it.

Hmm, to be honest I've never Tested these drivers on Server PC. Therefore
    I would like to ask, what package did you receive an error with when trying
    to install. Also did you make sure to use the included Cleaners to do a Full Cleanup of All AMD Drivers before attempting to install?

I think I may buy a cheap, legacy graphic card as I would like to test a few things. Btw, I may send you a build for Testing Later today.

Just to make sure. What OpenGL Apps did you experience a Crash with (x64Bit or x32Bit).
    I'm asking because the Driver Currently uses two Versions of OpenGL for x64Bit Operating Systems.

Also it will be really helpful if you can specify some GPGPU features
    that requires the old version of Avivo as I would like to test it with
    different applications. (If Possible).

As for the Multi Display Bug, I've been considering implementing a switcher that allows users to switch between different drivers but that Switcher highly depends on whether or not the new installer works as intended.

Other Thoughts
    You can Workaround this bug by installing the 13.4 BETA then using the Cleaners to do an Upgradeable Uninstall. After doing so, install the
    Upgradeable Build. Then Try testing for the Multi Display Bug

Hmm, hardware acceleration doesn't seem to be working on your PC at all.
    Did you leave Hyper V disabled after Testing it in both enabled and disabled state?

Other Thoughts
    Internet Explorer should be playing Videos with low CPU usage that is normally utilizing only 30% or less, regardless of how you choose to play Videos. (Full Screen or Windowed)

Mozilla Firefox
    Firefox should be Utilizing 70% or less when playing 1080p Videos on
    Youtube in Windowed Mode.
    -However, 1080p Videos played in Fullscreen should play similarly to
    Internet Explorer.

Google Chrome
    When Playing Videos with this browser CPU utilization should be at
    60% or less regardless of how you choose to play the video.

To workaround this Chrome Users can Uninstall all version of Flash Player then install the Latest Flash Player. Next pate the Following link in your
    browser address bar. ( chrome://plugins/ )
    After doing so disable Chrome Pepper Flash and Enable the Version of
    Flash Player that was recently Installed.
    Next, Apply the Flash Hardware Acceleration Patch for Google Chrome.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  18. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    I tried different Second Life viewers ( e.g. the official viewer and Firestorm ) in both 32-bit and 64-bit modes and all of them crashed because of the mentioned OpenGL bug, as for GPGPU applications, I tried the latest versions of Cyberlink MediaEspresso and Cyberlink PowerDirector and both of them use AVIVO features for hardware video encoding on the GPU side, please let me know if any more information or testing is needed, and thanks for your effort.

19. jojic88

jojic88 Guest

GPU:
    amd,4650,1gb
    should l update driver?

l have installed version V11.10.6.5 on windows 8.1 64bit with mobility 4650 and its working good, but should l update to latest version??? tnx

20. XtraTrstrL

XtraTrstrL Member

GPU:
    GTX 1070 / 8GB
    No, about half of the screen gets green on and off, and it is blocky and choppy all over.