Gtx 780 ti owner thread

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by RPGgamesplayer, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
  2. dragomirc

dragomirc Guest

GPU:
    eVGA GTX580 965/1930/4400
    Oh my, I just take look at your rig.
    Congats, it is a beast as it could be.

3. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    Running stable at 1250mhz +50vcore 7,440mhz memory. Played a couple hours of BF 4 and ran 3dmark a few times.

http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/1830479

13,349 graphics score in fire strike. Stayed around 70-72c in BF4, but the side of my case is off, might jump up a degree or two more.

4. Fur4x

Fur4x Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 670 OC SLI
    I am wondering about returning my card to get a custom one. My card is EVGA GTX 780 TI SC. The card is stable up to 1228 in 3dmark Firestrike first test and go up to 111% power target on stock bios on that same test. But i can play games at 1267 without problem. Crisis 3 clock from 1241 to 1267 depending of the load. How do i know if i got a good sample and if i should return the card for a custom one.

Last edited: Dec 11, 2013

5. Ouzo

Ouzo Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080Ti Gaming X
    That is what kept me from clicking the order button for 780s for a long time.

But I thought that, I might not need MSAA above x2 / supersampling that much with 1600p resolution, so that would save some Vram, I might be fine for 2 years.

After that, I think Maxvell has matured enough, that if I'm in trouble with Vram, I'll probably want to upgrade my GPUs anyways.

Btw: It's amazing how powerful cards get in about 3 years. Those new 780tis should be double the trouble of my 580s, cant wait for some quality BF4 time with these puppies!

6. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    Your card sounds like it is overclocking just fine, I wouldn't get another one. The customs aren't much better at all, plus you could get an even worse overclock. My gigabyte clocks about the same as yours. Ever heard the saying, leave well enough alone? hah.

7. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Ok, I give up. Cant do more than 1243MHz (stable hopefully now that I've tweaked the voltages a little bit) atm without modding the BIOS to allow more Power Target, that must be the problem here plus bad luck getting a mediocre sample.

Well if you can do max 2xAA then I guess you are fine :) TXAA looks great at 2x for example.

Yea, I'm also excited for Maxwell :)

8. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    enjoy it now and play your games :p

9. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    lol I can't do more than 1250 stable and I think its a great clock, especially on air, why do you call it mediocre?

I just set my power target to max and +50mv to core.

10. Pandora's Box

Pandora's Box Member Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF 4090 OC
    There comes a point where you have to stop tinkering and just enjoy it.

11. Veteran

Veteran Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2xTitan XM@1590Mhz-CH20
    Tbh mate 1243 on air is very very good for a single gpu. My 690 cannot do that on air and tbh unless you have got 2x680's in sli that BOTH OC to 1250 or higher then you aint gonna beat that. Even if you run at 1220 24/7, that is very good, with a waterblock and modded bios your talking 1300+.

That seems about right, its a good card tbh.

12. DStealth

DStealth Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GX 1080Ti@2088/12000
    Wrong, repeating all Ti's are Hynix don't spread wrong information.;)

Here are some SLI runs from me...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    Never did I say anywhere all Ti's are Hynix memory.

14. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Yes, you are right and I finally did yesterda. Played both BF3 and AC4 for 3 hours total and the game didn't lock up or anything. Must have been because I lowered the Vcore a little.

Well I never managed to beat my 680s in every benchmark, thats why :D But I do have poor memchips since many of you could at least get them between 7500-7800MHz.

So true!

I just thought it would be possible to get 1300 on air, maybe with a modded BIOS but I suppose that's not possible :)

All in all, I'm happy with the card. But if I hadn't rushed out and bought it, I would have taken a Windforce, Classy or anything that is TRUE 2-slot for the sake of SLI. I'm worried that I won't be able to do SLI at all with this card and will in that case have to go Maxwell.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  15. Netherwind

Netherwind Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GB 4090 Gaming OC
    Big shoutout to you guys for helping me getting through my first nVidia GPU Overclock :) It feels like I know a lot more now than I did a week ago or something.

Veteran :thumbup:
    Pandora's Box :thumbup:
    gunrunner :thumbup:
    RPGgamesplayer :thumbup:

16. Gripen90

Gripen90 Guest

GPU:
    2x RTX 2080Ti SLi
    That's an amazing result at 1440P !! :banana:

I get a meager 89FPS at 1440P with my setup (stock).
    [​IMG]

17. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
    You're very welcome Netherwind.

I also couldn't get this insanely high memory overclock that people get. I tried it at 7,600mhz, played for a few minutes and got a hard checkerbox lockup. Lowered it again and lasted a little longer, maybe 10 minutes. Did another drop to 1860mhz (7,440mhz) and it was stable in the few hours I was gaming. Much better results than the hardlocks I would get with my 290's even giving it a few mhz bump lol.

Also to answer your question a few pages back about the overclocking difference to equal the same final mhz. My card stock is supposed to boost to 1,082mhz, for some reason it boosts to 1,150mhz (which is their GHZ edition clocks, which isn't out yet), So thats why I only add +100 mhz offset to equal my final clock of 1,250mhz. My vcore also maxes out at 1.225, but ingame it stays steady at 1.200 FYI.

You can always sli with another brand of card, if you get a new true 2x slot card, just put that in your top slot and the palit in the bottom. I was going to do that if I kept my 3x slot 290 with a Gelid Icy Vision 2. I'm thinking about not going SLI this gen and wait for Maxwell. I really can't see spending $1,400 on gaming video cards, to each their own!

Last edited: Dec 12, 2013
  18. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest

GPU:
    RTX 2080 TI EVGA XC
    what are you guys using to find out memory vendor of your gpu's

19. gunrunner

gunrunner Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte Windforce 780ti
  20. RPGgamesplayer

RPGgamesplayer Guest