AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA 9.5 (13.250.18.0 November 29)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Dec 3, 2013.

Tags:
  1. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    its never been broken for me on singe card - 6950/7970/290 pro.

all fully working, never had an issue, and i play all my games with vsync enabled, and have used every beta.

I dont appear to be the one spreading BS.

as i said, it is my understanding there are issues with vsync and framepacing for crossfire.

Take that as you wish.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. Siva

Siva Guest

GPU:
    AMD Raddeon HD6770M 1GB
    Hi everybody! I'm new here. I own a laptop which is packed with an AMD 6770M 1GB GPU and I've been using a pretty old driver so far(13.9/13.10, I think..). I've installed this latest beta driver and restarted my laptop. It was working fine and then after the second reboot, my screen resolution has become 800x600. Initially, I thought that the problem could be because of a faulty installation, so I uninstalled the AMD catalyst manager and tried reinstalling the same driver, but it dint install. I tried again, but the problem was still there. I, then, tried installing the original driver my laptop had come with, the installation was completed with an warning, saying "Some problem has occurred during installation". Now, there is no switchable graphics option showing up. I don't know what the problem is. Am I the only one who is experiencing this problem or do other laptop owners have the same problem? :(

3. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    @Yopfraise
    I understand the view of having custom fan profiles in ccc. However, the drivers are geared towards the cards bios, therefor the bios fan profile is supposed to be sufficient, not to say efficient. A card that's sold as an overclocking card usually has a different fan profile from the reference cards also, underlining the fact that there is no need for custom fan profiles in ccc. In plain simple words, the fan profile already in place does the job.

That we can use other tools like AB is a bonus and caters towards people like you that want optimal control over the fan profile. And it works seemingless besides the ccc, not causing any problem whatsoever.

So I don't really feel you have a valid point with that. But granted, it would be a nice bonus if they did allow that function in future ccc.

4. Espionage724

Espionage724 Guest

Ah, ok. You know my own hardware better than me I guess :)

Vsync has worked fine for me with all of the 13.11 BETAs so far (I will admit I haven't tried this 9.5 driver yet though).

One person's experience =/= everyone elses.

5. Sufferage

Sufferage Member

GPU:
    Radeon RX 6900 XT
    Did you try some DX9 games as well ? DX11 works fine here too, only DX9 is broken.

6. sent3D

sent3D Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7850 1GB 1150/1300
    I have zero issues with this driver so far coming from 13.11 beta7, well maybe aside of one bug that i had since 13.8 driver (but it's not a big deal for me). And Vsync works fine too with every DX9/DX11 game i have tried.

7. TheOriginalTO

TheOriginalTO Master Guru

GPU:
    5500 XT / 8gb
    Thanks for the input guys.

8. Nevk992

Nevk992 Guest

GPU:
    7970x2/3G
    resolution: 2560*1440/HD7970 CrossFire

Upgrading from 13.11 beta 8 to beta 9.5

I have some problems on DirectX 9 game.

The problem seems like caused by vsync such like screen tearing and stutter
    (CorssFire enable).

If CF is disable, there is no problem.

PS: DirectX 11 is normal (Crossfire enable or disable)

9. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Hi, just updated from 13.11 beta1 to 13.11 9.5. V-sync is broken. Even Radeon pro "Always On" or d3doverrider don't work.

If crossfire disabled it works but when i enable cf, effect is strange. In games on main menu when FPS is usually rocket hight without vsync (like few hundreds or more fps) im capped on 180FPS so it seems it caps each card and sum it up. Maybe its new tech called cumulative v-sync ;)

Any body knows some reg entries where v-sync is set when we change it in CCC ?

10. exfire

exfire Guest

GPU:
    R9 290
    would take, CCC is using DirectX 11.1 +?

11. sent3D

sent3D Guest

GPU:
    MSI HD7850 1GB 1150/1300
    In here:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4d36e968-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}\0000\UMD

And look for VSyncControl.

Meaning:
    30 00 - Always Off
    31 00 - Off, unless application specifies
    32 00 - On, unless application specifies
    33 00 - Always On

But Vsync setting doesn't change in CCC when you edit it in regedit, even after system restart. I'm not sure, but there might be another reg entry that control this as well.

12. Gregorez

Gregorez Guest

GPU:
    CFX MSI R9 290 Gaming 4G
    Thx for info. Im curious if this bug is hardcoded in .sys .dll or maybe some simple configuration bug in registry.
    But something tells me its hardcoded and compiled coz forcing methods like RadeonPro or D3DOverrider do not work.

13. kenzt

kenzt Guest

GPU:
    RX 480 NITRO+ OC
    Does anyone have issues with BF3 not going fullscreen ? I've searched on BF3 forums and it states it is related with remote desktop software, but I'm not running any.
    I'll install the previous drivers and check it.

EDIT: The issue disappears with 13.11 BETA 9.4.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013
  14. lkiommmmyyyy

lkiommmmyyyy New Member

GPU:
    麗台A7300GT25
    7790 installed this beta driver stability you

15. Octopuss

Octopuss Guest

GPU:
    -
    say what?

16. mamboboy

mamboboy Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte Radeon HD 7950
    This has been a bug with the software since the dawn of time. To fix it you just need to drag the corner to expand the window and it displays properly...

17. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    This been fixed for me for while now.

18. Mordecai

Mordecai Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 760 2 GB
    So is this driver stable for the 7790 with hardware acceleration on in browsing and movies ?

19. burner07

burner07 Guest

GPU:
    ATI 8850m 2gb
    hello , i have a problem with this driver on my laptop , if I use dell latest driver i have no problem but if i use this driver or 13.11 beta 9.4 i can`t shutdown my laptop , it gets stuck with a black screen
    same thing happens when i close the lid
    and i need to hold down the power button
    dell inspiron 15 3537
    i7 4th gen
    ati 8850m 2gb ddr5
    win8.1

20. masterkira

masterkira Guest

GPU:
    ATI RADEON 6470M
    Hi, i have a ati radeon 6470M + intel graphics.

The driver works perfect and switchable too, but when i select the ati card i cant change the brightness screen... Any fix for that?

Thank you very much and SORRY for my bad english.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2013