MSI Afterburner 3.0.0 Beta 17(2013-11-14)

Discussion in 'MSI AfterBurner Application Development Forum' started by msi-afterburner, Nov 14, 2013.

1. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    Yeah, AC4 (and actually many other titles having that 30fps falldown) still need D3DOverrider's Tripple Buffering. About VSync, it would of course be great to have it also, but it usually works just as well with VSync turned on from the game itself with only D3DOverrider's Tripple Buffering added (and this setup also tends to be compatible with more titles). I'm using it that way with many titles, and actually miss it on some 64-bit titles.

The problem is that we don't have any other way of turning on Tripple Buffering, as Nvidia's CP allows turning it on only for OpenGL and not for D3D.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  2. Razor 116

Razor 116 Member

GPU:
    nVidia GTX 980 Ti
    Does NVInspecter not allow you to enable Triple Buffering?

3. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    Nope, just for OpenGL, like Nvidia's CP.

4. Domingo

Domingo Member Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090 (Gigabyte)
    For D3D Triple Buffering, I think the only programs I've seen that will handle it are D3DOverrider and RadeonPro.
    I'm surprised there aren't more.

5. Unwinder

Unwinder Ancient Guru Staff Member

It would be nice if you could stop that TB related offtopic in this thread please.

Back to subject:

RTSS 6.0.0 beta 1 has been submitted to MSI, if we're satisfied with internal testing results we'll make this build public soon.

6. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    Awesome! :banana:

7. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Always awesome! :)

8. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
  9. Unwinder

Full changes list for RTSS 6.0.0 beta 1 includes:

• Added 64-bit applications support service. The service is optional and can be disabled in compatibility properties of RivaTuner Statistics Server if necessary. Please take a note that 64-bit applications support service development is exclusively sponsored by MSI, so due to licensing 64-bit On-Screen Display functionality is exclusively available in MSI Afterburner client application only. Please refer to “Known issues” section to see the list of additional 64-bit functionality related limitations
    • Improved dedicated encoder server service:
    o Now the service is optional and can be disabled in compatibility properties of RivaTuner Statistics Server if necessary
    o Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the encoder server service are available and you can select preferred one in compatibility properties of RivaTuner Statistics Server
    o The service is no longer specific to external encoding plugins. Now dedicated encoding server can be used in any encoding scenario including but not limited to built-in encoding modes (uncompressed, MJPG and RTV1) or VFW encoding mode
    o Dedicated encoder server usage seriously extends the possibilities of prerecording to RAM due to performing encoding in separate address space. Now you can use up to 2GB of RAM for prerecord buffer when using 32-bit encoder server and >2GB of RAM for prerecord buffer when using 64-bit encoder server
    • Improved Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin:
    o Dedicated encoder service usage option has been removed from the plugin GUI, now it is available as independent option directly in video capture client application GUI
    • Added raster 3D On-Screen Display rendering mode support for DirectX 11.2 applications
    • Fixed issue causing wrong legacy index to be written to AVI files when recording multiple videos during single prerecording session
    • Added French localization
    • Updated profiles list

10. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Forget me if this is some stupid question, or someone has asked. :)

For this one.
    If it is 64-bit os, with 32-bit encoder server+Large Address Aware, then it is 3.x GB?

Just asking for technically, as normally 64-bit os user will choose 64-bit encoder server.

And for 64-bit, did the prerecord buffer and record file has a max limit too?
    Or it is based on codec/file type for the record file limit?

11. Unwinder

For 32-bit encoder server it is 2GB or less.

And it will be really bad idea. 32-bit encoder server is strongly recommended (and selected by default) as a lot of third party VFW codecs are 32-bit only.

There was never file size limit, it is not ShadowPlay. And prerecord buffer size is only limited by physical commit size limit.

12. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Ok, so it is a limit for prevent crash?
    As the prerecord buffer is 2GB, then it will left 1 GB for fragment and software data etc.(and 2 GB for 64-bit OS)

Ok, I forgot about codecs.

I think it is not a issues for Intel QuickSync H.264 encoder plugin?
    Ok, so it is a issues that how many RAM you has, for 64-bit.

If there are software biting/using too much RAM, then encoder server will crash, or it is being slowing down while the other software data will get paged/swap?

And thank for the information, it will help me for any issues about memory. :)

13. Unwinder

It is not a limit to prevent crash. It is physical limit of native 32-bit application architeture without large address aware extensions.

There is no any 1GB left. 2GB for everything including encoder library caches and so on. So UP TO 2GB.

The system may act unpredictably when running out of RAM, that's not limited to server.

14. cowie

cowie Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GTX
    Well first off just let me say i hope you are feeling better.
    Now i give thanks for your time and effort on the new RTSS build I can not wait to try it out :thumbup:

15. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Ok, thank for explain to me, it's help me much. :)

Let's wait for the RTSS release after it pass the internal test.

16. pupin

pupin Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX780
    Does this mean that it won't be able, for example, to display framerate for 64-bit applications?

17. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    What Unwinder is saying, is the 64-bit OSD support will only be available on MSI Afterburner.

18. Unwinder

It means that OSD functionality in 64-bit applications will work if you use RTSS with MSI AB but will not work with EVGA Precision or any other tool I develop for other vendors besides MSI.

19. petedread

petedread Guest

GPU:
    XFX R290x
    Is everybody able to adjust memory voltage?
    I am able to adjust all other volts but memory voltage is not unlocked/greyed out.

20. kcuestag

kcuestag Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX980Ti G1
    That's because I don't think 290X's have memory voltage regulator.