appearently Playstation 4 is faulty just before launch

Discussion in 'Consoles & console games' started by Damage_Plan, Nov 14, 2013.

1. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW
    Anything that is mass produced like that is going to have manufacturing issues. It is absolutely impossible for Sony to test every PS4 that comes off the line. A few are going to slip past QC, that's a given. Honestly I expected a lot more bricks than what I'm reading about. Sony seems to be handling it pretty well. Also, Microsoft will have their turn on Friday. So we'll get to see how that one goes too.

2. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
  3. anticitizen013

anticitizen013 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    This made me laugh :D

I have faith... I mean I understand that these things happen and it's not the greatest thing in the world... but while my confidence level in Sony may be high that they are working to fix the issues, my confidence level in my own personal luck is rather lacking :p

I called the Sony store to ask for guidance but the guy that answered was a douche... so I called the support number on the box and am on hold currently. I'll update to let you guys know what's going on.

4. PhazeDelta1

PhazeDelta1 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080 FTW

5. Datagg3

Datagg3 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 5970 BE
    Timely is subjective to say the least. I'm reading some are being told 2-3 weeks and I know 2 of my neighbors have been told 3-4 weeks. To them this certainly isn't timely.

6. XP-200

XP-200 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI Radeon RX 6400
    I am a bit unsure why people are either not returning the faulty console to the place they bought it from for either a new one or a full refund, why are people waiting weeks by dealing with sony, it dont work return it to the point of purchase.

7. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    So I got off the phone with Sony a little while ago... the representative was super helpful. I asked the process and it goes like so:

They send me a box which should arrive in 1-2 days. I toss my console in it (no wires or anything - just the console itself). Once they see that it's in transit, they OVERNIGHT me a new one. Thus, I should likely get it on Monday. Which is great because I have Mondays off :p

Overall, I'm hopeful. Now to see if this actually happens.

8. StealBalls

StealBalls Guest

GPU:
    MSI 280x CrossFire

That actually sounds pretty decent actually.

9. jonerkinsella

jonerkinsella Guest

GPU:
    rx480
    Its good to see Sony moving fast to sort it out .

10. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Generally things that sound too good to be true usually are, and this is pretty much best case scenario. Let's hope that it actually happens - I want to game! :p

I'll of course keep you updated. So far I am indeed impressed. The only thing that concerned me is that he guy said they'd send me an email after we were done on the phone but I received nothing. I know they have the right info (or at least the important part) because on the Service Request Status website you put in your # and your postal code to get an update. At the very least if they have the correct postal code I know my coffin is coming here regardless, haha.

11. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I'm always a little wary of buying consoles on day one due to potential issues like this, so it's good to see that Sony seem to be on the ball. Hope you get your replacement by Monday!

12. Ghosty

Ghosty Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3050
    I am kind of glad I cancelled my pre-order now. Mainly due to the fact that I am broke, but plan on getting on early next year.

13. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    Thanks!

So far so good... got the coffin today. In it came a protective bag for the console, fool-proof foam to ensure it doesn't get damaged (not that it matters considering it doesn't work!) in shipment, as well as a return postage tag so I pay nothing and finally... the instructions... which made me laugh.

Behold!

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

So it's unlikely I'll get it tomorrow but I'm okay with that since I'm away working this weekend anyhow. Looking forward to Monday, though! :D

14. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    And the new PS4 just arrived! Glorious day!

15. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Good going sony that was fast turn-around hope this one works for you. I'm still waiting till the first of the year to send mine in as the disk drive is not making that much noise when sticking a disk in it as it was. Plus would rather let those with worse problems get theirs fixed.

16. anticitizen013

GPU:
    2x R9 280X CrossFire
    That's very nice of you! Also yeah so far this one works great. Was able to load things, haha. Sadly, I have no actual games so I'm stuck playing Warframe and the other free ones until Christmas :p

Unless something different comes out between now and then. And I DO have to play a lot of games on my PS3 to catch up. Decisions decisions...

17. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    Resogun and Contrast are free to PS+ member.

18. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    Lol @ "insect infested".

19. Loophole35

Loophole35 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA 1080ti SC
    That just shows that someone has sent a roach nest in.

20. volkov956

volkov956 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 3080 12GB
    I had a problem with the original hd i changed it out with a 7200RPM drive which i was going to do anyways so not much a problem for me.. the 5400 drive that was inside just had a bad Partition which I recovered but then what would i need it for so I Formatted it into a USB HD....