best between the 2 monitors for gaming...?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by Syidi, Nov 25, 2013.

1. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    BenQ

or

AOC

BenQ have faster response time but lacks with input connector like DP and cheaper but AOC is have plenty of connectivity,which is best for gaming between the two...?

2. IcE

IcE Don Snow

GPU:
    3070Ti FE
    I would go with the BenQ.

3. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    thanks for the answer... wish BenQ can put a DP connector with their monitor

4. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Same here about the DP connector. I have that exact monitor (BenQ GW2760HS), I think it's brilliant considering the cost etc! Like any monitor though, it requires some tweaking of the settings out of the box.

5. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    how's your gaming experience with the monitor?

6. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I would recommend a 1440p resolution for a 27" monitor personally. Also, have you looked into the korean monitors?

7. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    that would be my first choice but there's no distributor for that kind of monitor near my place...

8. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    eBay is worth checking out. Quite a few gurus ordered them from eBay, including me, mine actually got shipped today.

9. Syidi

Syidi Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 780
    thanks... I try to check first

10. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    I doubt they'll beat a 120Hz BenQ, ASUS or iiyama ProLite at input response. Though I'm a 100% the image quality will be better on those then the ASUS's, Benq's and iiyama's.

So it's kind of deciding what you want really.

11. yasamoka

yasamoka Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac RTX 3090
    Input lag is 6.4ms (@60Hz I think) on these. They feel the same as the 1080p TN 120Hz monitors @ 120Hz in regards to input response.

12. Corrupt^

Corrupt^ Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Geforce RTX 3090 FE
    That's GTG response time, not actual. Counting in Black to black, odds are it'll do well but not as good as more gaming oriented monitors.

Obviously, like I said, the gaming oriented monitors will have worser IQ (took me half an hour to calibrate the colours properly on this iiyama, the default settings were absolutely horrible).

So it all depends on the trade offs and what he really wants.

13. thatguy91

thatguy91 Guest

Those Korean monitors have their pro's and cons. The con's is that you may have a couple of dead pixels, one screen may not be as good as another screen, and they can run quite hot. I was going to purchase one but was put off by a friends screen because of this. I don't think his will last through summer (it's coming into summer here), especially when the room temperature will be exceeding 30C. I was also less that impressed with the PQ in some ways. Sure, the resolution is there, but it just doesn't look as good in some scenes as mine does.

The obvious detriment to you is your video card. Running 2560x1440 does take a fair bit more horsepower than 1920x1080, and running anything but 2560x1440 (like 1920x1080) is crap. It's basically like running any other LCD screen not at it's native resolution.