ASUS MARS dual GTX 760!

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce' started by Violentum, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    I simply don't agree at all. It's an incredibly niche product that very, very few people are going to buy. I would go into details but frankly multiple other people have already stated an opinion on the subject that I share. For the price there are better single GPU solutions, in fact there are better single GPU solutions for less money. Perhaps I should have said the market for this card is incredibly small, rather than that there isn't one at all? As I said, I see this more as publicity to be quite honest.

2. Deathchild

Deathchild Ancient Guru

GPU:
    -
    Yeah me too, lol. And because of the price too..

3. CronosX9x9X

CronosX9x9X Guest

GPU:
    MSI1070 Gaming X
    I just saw the Guru review and I have to say even for a niche product it has pretty good performance, though with it's limited 2gbs of vram not for those who use the multi monitor setup.

It does however lose to the 780ti in some games and firestrike, I'd say a great card for those looking for something different and have mid cases that don't want the extra card in there for SLI, but still the 780 is 499.99$ now so that will be a much better option.

Overall if this card came out before the price cut and the 290x and ti with a 500$ price tag it would be real appealing to those who were already gonna pair up two 760's. But to late on the release.:crapper:

4. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    The ROG line has a very big following believe it or not. I personally can't afford most of the stuff because I have two step children and they always come before me, but if I was single and had lots of money to toos at my PC sure why not? A lot of people don't want to use 2 VGA cards in there systems because frankly a lot of people use small towers these days. That isn't a small market by any means! The days of 4 foot towers were over 5 years ago now. That whole bigger is better mentality ended and many, many people prefer small towers--and this is were the MARS would shine because you get SLI on a single card that uses half as much power vs. two 760's in SLI. Granted the price is more but going small costs more for some odd rwason...

5. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    Card was probably developed to compete price/performance with $650 GTX780's and $1000 TITANS. And got blindsided by the $550 R9 290X impact on pricing.

6. Pill Monster

Pill Monster Banned

GPU:
    7950 Vapor-X 1100/1500
    Sounds legit....:3eyes:

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    ROG might have a following, this card won't though, here's why:

• If you were single and had lots of money, you wouldn't buy this, you would buy 2x 780ti or 2x r9 290x
    • Enthusiasts like mid towers and larger. Sure, they might build some htpc rigs in small cases, but they would use a single, mid range gpu in those, at best. Either way, most cases out there will easily run 2 PCI-E cards
    • Bigger IS better. There is no such thing as overkill!!!
    • This card uses 300W, I already told you this so stop saying it uses as much power as a single gtx 760 you weirdo
    • Are you seriously saying that people who would spend $600 on a graphics card run their rigs from small cases that won't fit 2 PCI-E cards? ROG is an enthusiast range, most of the people running ROG products are enthusiasts, these things are pretty expensive. They don't run ROG motherboards in tiny cases that can't take 2 PCI-E cards. They more often then not will stick a massive cooler on the cpu, or watercool the whole thing

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013
  8. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    2 GTX760's in SLI would use roughly 330-350watts....whereas MARS uses roughly 300watts.... That's hardly "half as much power"....

The rest of that post....surprisingly....is pretty accurate for "average joe"...most of who is very unlikely to buy this card or anything like it. Still, there are those few who would.

9. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That'll be him buying it next summer for $350 and blowing the caps off his cheapo PSU. Jesus, I need more wine to understand his antics.

10. sykozis

sykozis Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Asus RX6700XT
    I've got worse things going on than his posts. I've got 2 computers at work that are having issues. One is having issues loading a website we need access to. For some reason, the page script is returning an object error on one of our computers but not the other. The second of the 2, I'm getting complaints of being slower than usual. The PC with the object error, is a replacement for a PC that had it's integrated NIC fail yesterday. It's an E8400 based system running Win7 with IE9. The second system is a P4 2.66ghz running XP with 1GB DDR333....and has always been slower than hell. At this point, his posts are easy to deal with. At least this time, he made a post that was almost accurate.....(The only real discrepancy being power draw)....

11. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I would like to agree with you on these points.
    I think people buy small towers because they are cheaper. And are the same people who select HD6450 or similar for their video card.

12. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    I'd consider one for $400 but seeing how the 780s are going for $550+, I don't think that's going to happen.

A few years ago this type of video card for even $400 would have been considered a robbery.

13. Violentum

Violentum Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX760 OC
    Not all of us. I bought my small tower because I like the small foot print it leaves. I can if I wanted too place my tower up on a desk. I could take it to a LAN without it being too much of a hassle. And it doesn't weigh an arm and a leg. I have an LP cooler on my CPU and if I could I would have got a GTX 760 mini but none were in stock.

14. Darkest

Darkest Guest

GPU:
    3060ti Vision OC V2
    Where did I say that the ROG line doesn't? I said this card specifically has little to no market, which it does not.

15. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    you bought your small tower and you don't have a mars in it. Exactly my point. What is it you don't understand? I just described people like you above.. people like you are short of space in their tiny little cases. they also never buy multi gpu cards. thanks for proving my point.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2013

16. SplashDown

SplashDown Maha Guru

GPU:
    EVGA 980ti Classy
    Ditto put the extra in and get 780 or 780ti, what I'm savin for. Im a poor white boy ...lol gotta save a few months, almost there, and use my 660 ti for physx.

17. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I do not consider an ATX Mid Tower to be the same as a small tower.
    But shame on me, I did not google enough to catch your 4480B was a minitower.Checking the profiles, everyone posting in this thread has a Mid Tower or larger,
    exception is your mini Tower. There is nothing wrong with being cost conscious, and the small footprint and being able to place it on your desk helps, but your case does not look like it has
    good case cooling which is important for SLI.
    Who make a GTX 760 mini or is that a typo and you meant the GTX 670 mini from ASUS.

18. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    yeah, just googled his case, he can easily fit 2x pci-e gpus in there, no problem. the guy is a clown, he gives me a lot of pleasure.

19. Icanium

Icanium Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090TUF
    I just zeroed him from before his user name change. Be warned and don't get him talking about Bose Speakers or you may be pleasured a long long time.
    It appears to me that switching from Bose Speaker to Sennheiser phones has tempered his demeanor beyond recognition.
    If any Guru was to buys this Mars dual 760 it would surely be Violentum.

20. Anarion

Anarion Ancient Guru

GPU:
    GeForce RTX 3060 Ti
    Your case and small do not belong in the same sentence nor is it portable in my opinion. Anything that can hold standard ATX mobo is hardly portable in my opinion. You could easily fit two smaller cards there though it probably would not be too wise considering how poor cooling it has.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2013