Assassins Creed IV: Black Flags

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by TirolokoRD, Feb 28, 2013.

1. Party Poison

Party Poison Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Rtx 4090
    Anyone know how to remove the kind of foggy effect from the game? I dont mean the volumetric option I mean that over all the games seems to have a haze over it. Loads of screenshots ive seen dont have it though.

2. StrikeQ

StrikeQ Guest

GPU:
    1080 Waterforce 2139/5500
    The sweetfx posted earlier in this thread seems to do it.

I've had no issues or crashes with the game yet. Only some buggy pathfinding while running (not jumping around trunk of tree to other branch but trying to climb up it to no where, not letting me climb up on some ledges).

Been having a blast, great game.

3. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    Well for one, HBAO+ is actually impressive when done right. Blacklist and AC4 look SO good with it on, you just cant turn it off.

PCSS though is weird. It drives DOWN my sli scaling slightly in both batman and ac4. Maybe not optimized for SLI? Don't like the look of the shadows though. Me likey me sharpy shadows.

Probably should get a new card. 760 prices are too ... good right now considering I had taken my 560Ti SLI for 579$ back in 2011 end(higher taxes on hardware in my country). Compared to that 760 is right now 308$. c'mon nv release that 860 already!

4. kakkoii

kakkoii Member

GPU:
    EVGA 780ti 3GB SC ACX
    Cheers. Sadly it didn't work on my 460, thought as much, but it was worth a shot. Although I wonder what would happen if I changed the Vendor and Device ID values to someone else's as well...

5. Uncle Dude

Uncle Dude Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Running great here on the latest drivers: everything maxed and 4xTXAA at 1080p and 60 fps constant, in Havana at least. It took turning off in-game vsync and forcing it through Inspector, and forcing triple buffering through D3D Overrider to get here, but it's smooth as can be and beautiful.

6. Templ

Templ Guest

Yeah, HBAO+ covers a lot more than SSAO, and it only brings my FPS down by 1 or 2, which is not much. HBAO-, however, is clearly worse than SSAO.

Anyway, I'm also waiting for next gen cards before I upgrade. Not that impressed with offerings from either AMD or Nvidia at present. Not to mention my current card seemed to be able to run pretty much everything I cared to play nowadays at max settings. AC4 is the first game I tried this year that I can't completely max out.

7. styckx

styckx Ancient Guru

GPU:
    2080 Ti XC Ultra
    Also waiting for the 800 series.. I love my 680's and SLI is so common place now a days I'm rarely on a game that doesn't scale to some extent. My only regret is not going with a 4GB model but the prices between 2GB and 4GB at the time I just couldn't justify. Now 4GB cards are common place and more reasonably priced but the 700 series isn't that huge of a leap from the 600 series. (to justify dropping a grand or so for SLI replacements)

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  8. antonyfrn

antonyfrn Maha Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4070 SUPER
    Well im happy with the performance im getting with everything maxed out HBAO+ at 1920x1200 40 to 50 fps in citys. apart from that im enjoying the game so far but wasn't sure if you can go back to the starting island to collect stuff I didn't bother with?

9. MarkyG

MarkyG Maha Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 4070Ti
    Wow, love this game. Best AC in the series IMO. Edward is just as charming as Ezio and it makes me almost forget about AC3. Runs beautifully for me @1080p, avg 45fps, all eyecandy ramped up.

I'm very happy the way the game has turned out. :)

10. evo161

evo161 Active Member

GPU:
    MSI GTX 980 GAMING 4G

11. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Wow. Just when you think you reached rock bottom...

The PS4 doesn't have PCSS, HBAO+, Advanced Godrays or Physx Turbulence.
    I'm sure the PS4 version features SMAA and not MSAA.

The port may not be the best around but it's surely better than any console versions. :)

12. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
  13. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    He used the 331.65 driver which isn't the driver optimized for Black Flag.

You're shocked MSAA destroys performance ?
    The game is certainly not a marvel of optimization but I don't see anything offensive in terms of performance.
    The game looks much more impressive than many people give it credit for, it's a matter of understanding what AC4 is trying to achieve.
    The volumetric fog is godly.

However, a patch or two wouldn't hurt...

14. nanogenesis

nanogenesis Guest

GPU:
    MSI R9 390X 1178|6350
    I'm happy with the current optimization, though I believe for the low preset it could be better.

Single 560Ti with all eye candy nets 30fps avg
    everything disabled nets 50-60fps. While making the game a whole lot worse. I've known games where high-to-low presets net insane fps boosts.

15. Memorian

Memorian Ancient Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4090
    Small differences between 331.65 and 331.82.The game needs 2-3 patches at least, ok MSAA is performance killer but the game does not have the wow factor of crysis 1 to perform like that..Not to mention the black bars for 16:10 monitors, that is unacceptable.

16. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Same here. I'm not terribly optimistic for Ubisoft to release performance fixes though...

That can easily be explained by the fact that the limiting factor in this game is the CPU. Hopefully once devs move to compute the GPU will reclaim center-stage.

17. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz
    ^ Ubisoft doesn't patch the game with performance tweaks, look at AC3.

18. Kezen

Kezen Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI RTX 4080 X TRIO
    Well the difference is this time they have a partnership with Nvidia, do you think they're happy with the current reception of the PC version ?
    It doesn't matter whether or not it's justified this will affect their business because few will be enticed to buy a Nvidia GPU is the end result is this.
    On the other hand Batman Arkham City was virtually unplayable in DX11 and they didn't do a damn thing about that.

19. CalinTM

CalinTM Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSi GTX980 GAMING 1531mhz

They have, but they "had" on AC3 as well, AC3 had TXAA, so it was on nvidia's side, and only nvidia tried to optimize the game a little with drivers, ubisoft didn't do anything, hell the threads over ubisoft forums were full of performance issues, some of them on 100 pages, ubisoft didn't said anything.

They really need a big overhaul on their engine, or future AC series will be the same, even worse.

I played arkham city on solid 75fps (without physx).

20. lucidus

lucidus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    I wouldn't be surprised if Watch Dogs is the same ****ty engine too. Doesn't look much different from this besides the the different setting.