ATI Catalyst 12.11 Beta 11 Modded driver For Legacy GPU

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by dellon132, Dec 27, 2012.

?

ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 11.01 Thoughts

1. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (GOOD)

9.5%
  2. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

40.5%
  3. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (GOOD)

8.8%
  4. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (GOOD)

6.8%
  5. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (GOOD)

8.1%
  6. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (GOOD)

16.2%
  7. AMD HD 5000 and 6000 Users (BAD)

0.7%
  8. AMD Legacy GPU Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.8%
  9. AMD Previous Legacy Mobility Users (Old GPU's) (BAD)

4.1%
  10. AMD Switchable Graphic Users (BAD)

6.1%
  11. AMD HD 5000-6000 Mobility Users (BAD)

2.7%
  12. AMD Legacy Mobility Users (HD 2000-4000) (BAD)

6.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Yes, exactly! Well, I do not receive any messages. It's just like the Setup wizard is bypassing the display driver installation (I have double checked that the display driver was selected to be installed).

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    What version of windows are you using?

3. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64x bit.

4. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870

Ok, Dellon. I will wait for you to upload the new driver and test it. Regards!

5. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Ok. I don't know how it's on Windows 7 but in Windows 8 or 8.1 windows installs via update an WDDM (1.1) default driver. And I install Dellon's driver over this to resolve that error...

6. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    UPDATE FOR ALL SUPPORTED OS 11/16/2013
    This Update intends to make the following changes.

Installation Guide
    See Here for UPD Build Install Guide
    -Download and Extract
    -Run both aSimple Cleanup Utility
    and aSimple Driver Cleanup.
    -Install the Driver Through AMD Setup
    -Installation Complete.

Notes:
    Will be provided later
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------
    -Attempts to resolve a bug in which the installer would not load for users
    attempting to install the driver after reinstalling Windows.
    -Attempts to improve Driver Compatibility for HD 5000 and 6000 Users.
    -Attempts to resolve a Bsod bug for HD 2000 and 4000 Users
    when attempting to play 4KVideos Using IE and Chrome.
    -USERS Should Test for the Following Bugs.
    Check for Bsods on Normal Use
    Check for Bsods When gaming.
    Check for 4K Video Bsods Firefox, Chrome, IE
    Check for Videos Slowndown
    Check for Artifacts on Normal Use
    Check for Artifacts While gaming.

Note:
    -Users can use the iAMD Version Changer to change there Catalyst version
    from 12.11 to AMD Catalyst 13.11.
    -Switchable Graphics Users should provide a detail feedback stating how the latest driver functions on their setup.

Pending Changes
    -Adding a Low Powered Switcher for Mobility HD 4000 Users and Below.
    -Adding a Switcher Capable of allowing Users to revert to a Previously
    Working\Stable Build. (For HD 2000 Series - HD 4000 Series)
    -Implementing an Upgradeable Build. What it does is it basically allow Users to Update there current driver to Latest 12.11 Modded driver.

(NON UPD Build) NEW
    Link: ATI Catalyst 12.11 B11 HotFix 10 P6 V11.10.6.7.6 All Supported OS

7. Angelitto2008

Angelitto2008 Guest

GPU:
    ATIRadeon HD 4870 SAPHIRE
    I'll try this new version: V11.10.6.7.6
    Are these already signed?????

8. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870
    Unfortunately the test results are the same but I have noticed ONE BIG DIFFERENCE that might help you.
    I have noticed that in Chrome not all the UltraHD 4K video are played with Adobe Flash Player. Some of them are played with HTML5 player.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Those wich are played with Adobe Flash Player are smooth and perfect but the other ones with HTML5 are playing not so good with frame skipping or at lower frame rate (I don't know how to say it exactly)
    In Internet Explorer as far as I've seen, all the videos are played with HTML5 and all the videos are working and playing well up to 1080p. At UltraHd resolution comes Blue Screen.
    And another difference is that when in Chrome playing a UltraHD 4K with HTML5 (that uses some kind of avc1 codec as far as I've seen) looks like the codec it's working because some numbers are moving.

[​IMG]

But in Internet Explorer, nothing.

[​IMG]

These are the video's with I've made the tests.

Play's with Adobe Flash in Chrome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKrGDVuIzxA

Play's with HTML5 in Chrome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od8-KJuTsRo

Last edited: Nov 17, 2013
  9. masterchan777

masterchan777 Master Guru

GPU:
    GTX 1070 OC
    I'll try the 12.11 b11 hotfix 10 P6 V 11.10.6.7.6, I just hope all of the issues get resolved before the release of 12.11 b11 hotfix 10 P6 V11.10.6.7.6.3.1.4.1.5.9.2.6.5.3.5.8.9.7.9.3.2.3.8.4.6.2.6.4.3.3.8.3.2.7.9.5.0.2.8.8.4.1.9.7.1.6.9.3.9.9.3.7.5.1.0.5.8.2

Other thoughts:
    AVIVO is not working with the included XCode package, had to uninstall it and install an older version for AVIVO to work properly on my 4870X2.

10. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Yea, Unfortunately, these drivers do not fully support HTML5 Videos outside the use of Windows 8 Apps. The highest level of HD Videos Users will be able to play are 720P Videos, because if I include support for HTM5 Videos on a browser level it would mean breaking Flash Player. (Since Google Chrome works well with it's default Plugin then there should be no need to Use the actual Flash Player Plugin.)

Other Thoughts
    Can you Test Firefox? Both Chrome and Firefox should use the same Flash Player. Also, Just so you know, the FireFox Gpu Acceleration Tweak can be used with Google Chrome. (Though this is not a wise choice as the tweak is already outdated.)

Hmmm, have you gotten any of the previous Driver to work Without causing a
    Bsod? Also, the last update includes another switcher that attempts to allow users to give there Gpu more time to recover. Try running it then restarting yourPC to see if anything Changes.

Is this with the Default Chrome plugin or the Manually Updated Flash Plugin?

Well, the last update resolved a web page freeze for internet explorer when playing Ultra HD Videos. Now users should just see a green screen video when attempting to play Ultra HD Videos.

If that's the case, I will update it later.

The driver is signed, but I have no Idea whether or not it will work for you. Therefore I would like you to install the driver using an Administrator account.
    It's also recommended to disable all software that could cause the installation to be unsuccessful.

11. SabotageX

SabotageX Active Member

GPU:
    EVGA RTX 3090Ti
    Tried to install the V11.10.6.7.6 and V11.10.6.7.5-1.

But when the installation reaches the Catalyst Control Center installation part, a command prompt appears and my computer simply freezes up.

12. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870

And could you please make a separate driver for Chrome users like me with support of HTML5? Since with the built-in flash player everything is working great...

I have made the tests with latest stable version of Firefox (v25.0.1) and latest Beta (v26.0b5).In Firefox, both of my test videos were played with Adobe Flash and both of them caused Blue Screen in both of versions. I have applied "xFireFox Flash GPU Acceleration" and "xGGpuM Recovery Time" but no difference.The normal 1080p video's are working.

I can't remember if in another previous version except the last 4 or 5, I have tested UltraHD in Internet Explorer and worked...but i'm pretty sure that I have not tested since I'm a daily Chrome user. The first time when I have tested in IE was when I got Blue Screen in Chrome.
    I have applied "xGGpuM Recovery Time " but no difference.

I used the Default Built-in plugin. So if could add support for HTML5 for us, Chrome users, that will be awesome!

13. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Confused, since the default plugin in chrome is working as it should then there should be no need to make any changes.
    if the default installed chrome plugin has problems then I could probably try to include a workaround to resolve it. However, like you said before, it's working fine and the slow 1080p bug only exist when the Manually Updated Flash Player is used.

Other Thoughts
    I can't make any changes to the driver to resolve the slow 1080p Videos
    when using HTML5 Videos because it would break Flash Videos. (This applies only to Manually Installed Flash Plugin)

Can you uninstall your current driver then install the WDDM 1.1 Driver via Windows Update and perform the Test again?

Hmm, So all Application can be installed except Catalyst Control Center?

14. antdes45

antdes45 Guest

GPU:
    Asus R7260X-DC2OC-2GD5
    V11.10.6.7.6 would only install on test mode on Windows 8.1 x64. (I get Code 52 error, could not verify signature)

No trouble when reinstalling back V11.10.6.7.4.

15. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    I tried the 11.10.6.7.6 and the display driver was still not getting installed, but I found a way through the Device Manager to install it.

16. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, what language does your computer use?

It's probably related to the backwards compatibility AMD Setup. I will upgrade it the next build.

17. leontin

leontin Member

GPU:
    Sapphire HD4870

I understand. But what I was trying to say is that if you can make changes to driver so UltraHD videos that are playing with HTML5 in Chrome(and not playing good) to work good although it would break Flash Videos with Manually Installed Plugin. As long as I use the default built-in plugin I should be Ok and everything working perfectly. Am I right? I don't mind to use the default built-in plugin as long as everything works perfectly. And the only BUG left is the UltraHD videos that are playing with HTML5.Otherwise, everything works perfectly.
    Hope you understand now what I'm trying to say.
    Sorry, but english is not my native language.

You are saying to uninstall your driver and install the WDDM 1.1 driver and test with that only, without your driver?

18. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    Hmm, when you say Ultra HD Videos are not playing good in Chrome are you by chance stating that Ultra HD Videos Slowly?

Yes, so long as you use the built-in plugin you should be fine.

Yes, Try testing that driver without installing the 12.11 Modded Legacy driver.

19. geowizard

geowizard Guest

GPU:
    GigaByte HD4890 1GB
    Dellon, I have a question for you: I can see over here (http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=383295) that a newer driver has been released, so why don't you mod that driver? I mean, is it pointless cause it doesn't provide performance, or what?

20. dellon132

dellon132 Guest

GPU:
    HD 5570 1 GB DDR3
    It's already implemented HD 4000 Users and below. And only Partially implemented for HD 5000 and 6000 Users.