Mouse stuttering with newest drivers - PLEASE HELP ME!

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by poutsa, Nov 12, 2013.

1. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    Hey guys..

I got a Sapphire 5850 Xtreme, now with the Beta Driver (13.11 9.2)

but the mouse stuttering is not gone, i have it since 13.9 WHQL drivers

I tried now 13.9. / 13.10 / 13.11 Beta 1,2,3,8 and now the 9.2

The mouse stutters, when i start Chrome (visit another website) or a various program, when it loads it stutters, when it's finished to load, its gone.

I also install the 13.4 drivers, and on that driver it works perfectly, no mouse stuttering nothing! but i cannot play BF4.

Any Solutions?
    PLEASE HELP ME!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  2. drbaltazar

drbaltazar Guest

GPU:
    amd 7950 3gb
    if I recall ms sent a fix about the mouse issue ! (this month)

3. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    That was a different issue.

I used to have this exact mouse stuttering op, 13.11 betas fixed it for me. The only way to fix the stuttering for me, before the drivers fixed it was too run magnifier. That completely removed stuttering for me

4. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7470M 2GB

5. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    That's for Windows 8.1

Im using Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

Im the only one, who has this problems?

I also try to uninstall all from AMD - In registry, files from storage, etc.. - but same Problem

Tools like - Driver Cleaner PE, Display Driver Uninstaller (from this Forum) - but same problem

I don't know what i can do now... :bang:

6. Berdugoo

Berdugoo Guest

GPU:
    INTEL 4000 w/ AMD 8750M
    clean uninstall and clean install again. for me it works.

"SMILE SEE THE WORLD FREE":thumbup:

7. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    I told you what you can do. run magnifier from windows, that will stop your mouse from stuttering. nothing other will help you. That MS fix will do nothing for OP's problem guys so stop suggesting it, it's for something completely different, and only related to w8.1 and specific mice.

So, OP, just run magnifier in windows or get used to stuttering. I had it for a few weeks with AMD's drivers, but the last 3-4 drivers fixed it for me. Weird you are still having that problem.

8. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    @Berdugoo - I do it, 5 times i think.

@eclap - LOL? When im using magnifier, my mouse dont lagg/stutter!! WTF? Maybe the Drivers are **** or the card is too old?

Nobody else this Problem? Why im the only one who has this?

should i use 9.2 or beta8 ?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013
  9. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    We all had it years ago, but limited only to top right corner under windows and top left under linux :)

As for your issue, start task manager > Performance Tab > View > "Show Kernel Times".
    Repeat procedure which is causing mouse issue and if there is high red utilization (kernel) then something requires attention which it should not.
    Can be sata controller driver gone bad or other part of chipset.

10. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    When i open iTunes/Spotify http://imageshack.com/a/img11/6464/abz5.jpg Is that to much?

Do i need sata controller driver? BTW: I dont have installed Sata Controller Drivers
    I think i messed up the Chipset drivers

Last edited: Nov 13, 2013

11. Fox2232

Fox2232 Guest

GPU:
    6900XT+AW@240Hz
    Yes it's quite a lot. Try to download newest intel chipset drivers from intel site. Remove Old, Reboot, Install New.

12. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    Okay, I formatting yesterday my Harddrive. Install the latest chipset drivers for me, and only 6 Programs are installed, so my HDD is Clean.

And i have the same problem, every time i want to Start a program (Chrome, iTunes, Origin... or visit another website in Chrome and it loads the site/program - my mouse stutters. WTF is that ****! cmon ppl, why im the only one?

When I install the 13.4 WHQL, i dont have stutters! But i cant play Battlefield 4, because it need the newest drivers :bang::bang::bang:

Last edited: Nov 14, 2013
  13. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    Hmm, I had this sort of issue on an older computer in my garage. It ended up that the hard drive was on its way out.

Maybe you should try running some deep error checking software on your hard drive, like HDtune.

14. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme
    I install yesterday, before i formatting my HDD CrystalDiskInfo. My HDD was/is in good/healthy condition.

I dont think that this Problem is from the Harddrive, because when I install the 13.4 all works perfectly(as I said) but the other problem is, BF4 want the newest drivers :bang:

15. BuildeR2

BuildeR2 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    ASUS 4090 TUF OG OC
    What EXACTLY happens when you try to play B4 with the 13.4 drivers? Do you get an error message or does the game just refuse to start? I've never played or messed with B3 or B4 on PC, so I have no idea why it just isn't running.

Also, I remember seeing some threads around this forum about AMD driver modding. Maybe one of those guys could help with this, like using files from the latest beta to make B4 work, but just enough files to make it run while keeping the majority of files from 13.4 so the mouse would not stutter?

I don't know. I've never modded drivers, so I'm just trying to understand this whole situation better.

16. poutsa

poutsa New Member

GPU:
    Sapphire 5850 Xtreme

Yes, i had an error message, that with 13.4 is not able to play BF ... It says i have to download the latest drivers. That's 100% a driver problem, when it works with 13.4, but not with 13.9 / 10 / 11 - I'm really frustrated, cant find a fix. And nobody has this Problem ...

Dont know, if that will work with the modding. I never had modded drivers on my PC.

Give a try on 13.11 (Unofficial drivers) ??

17. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    it's not modding, you just put the newer dx 10+ dlls into bf4's folder while the rest of the OS uses 13.4

bf4 is actually reading the registry value of the cat version, which you can fake

[​IMG]

but it's possible that faking it while using 13.4 drivers for bf4 might result in crashes & artifacts, so i would just use the first method i mentioned

18. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7470M 2GB
    Hey guys,
    BF 4 code is based on DX11+ and not full backward compatible with lower versions of DX, on my older Pc I have also mouse lag with DX10+.
    running Win7 Ultimate x64

I can play BF4 on my Ultra book runing Win 8.1 Pro x64,
    Without any problems, on my Tv screen with DX11+

B.t.w BF 4 does not check only the DX version ,but also the registry entries data from your Video card .

Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  19. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    wow!
    So how many FPS you get? :)

20. BlueThunder

BlueThunder Guest

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD7470M 2GB
    I get about 65 Fps In Bf 4