RadeonPro BETA (Automating 3D Settings) #2

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by Hilbert Hagedoorn, Jan 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    There was a bug in previous R series fix, even when post-processing was available RP was displaying that message "post-processing is not available". Despite that message, Sweetx was working, though.

Download the installer again and let me know if it is working now
    http://www.radeonpro.info/2013/11/new-build-with-support-for-amd-radeon-r-series/

2. goma

goma Active Member

GPU:
    RTX 3080
    Thank you japamd. A friend of mine has the game, I'll suggest him to try. I'll update you.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  3. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    See you're new here, that was discussed a few times before. RadeonPro isn't meant to be a CCC replacement and never will, it's a complement so those video settings are not going to be added in any future version of RadeonPro.

Downsampling was also discussed and although it's not going to be a core function of RadeonPro, I'm analysing a separated tool to help with downsampling and that tool might be bundled with future versions of RadeonPro.

Forced AA works differently with Radeon than GeForce but you can force some AA profiles using RadeonPro or CCC.

4. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome. FYI it's working fine for me with Batman AO.

5. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Im actually having this issue right now with the newest build. Ill reinstall it. Sweetfx does indeed work though. I know rely soley on RP because I switched to win 8.1 to test it out.

6. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Download the installer again and let me know.

7. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    It worked correctly this time after downloading and reinstalling. Tried BF4, BF3. Alone in the Dark, Dirt 2. Only issue I have really ran into, is Bad Company 2 will crash with RP open in DX10/11.

Even if there isnt a profile in RP for it. And now being on w8.1 I cant use sweetfx configurator on dx10/11 games.

8. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    BF2 BC works fine here, check if you have DXGI.dll file inside game directory.

9. Agonist

Agonist Ancient Guru

GPU:
    XFX 7900xtx Black
    Nope not in there . I deleted everything to do with sweetfx. It has done this for a long time now. Even back when I had my HD 5770 xfire.

Now confused. Created a profile, game will launch. Is in DX11, but sweetfx will not work.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2013
  10. ATi7500

ATi7500 Guest

GPU:
    R7 Graphics
    Hello everyone, I have two questions :)

1) Is there any difference between having DFC set to 60fps, and ticking Lock frame rate up to monitor’s refresh rate option? I keep vsync on.

Based on my long-time research, Vsync alone doesn't limit the internal frame rendering to 60fps, for example:
    Video card + Game engine are able to generate 80fps in a particular scene, then vsync displays only 60, queues some frames (which causes input lag) and discard others.
    With a frame limiter, the internal rendering engine is never allowed to exceed the frame limit (in this case 60fps) so vsync has an easier job not having to queue/discard additional frames.

2)My second question is whether an internal frame limiter would be detrimental if the engine/vga combo cannot keep up with 60fps. Triple buffering would help mantaining the DISPLAYED frames as close to 60 as possible, but i'm afraid the internal engine would "lag behind" having to limit each frame to 16.66ms.

Thanks for reading and for any answer.

11. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    shankly1985, can you download the installer again and check if benchmarks generate a csv file this time?

12. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Installed and working fine :D

Thanks alot

Sent you a little Donation :D

13. freeman94

freeman94 Master Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070 ARMOR
    Just install the "preview for R Series" and tested in BF4,CODGhost. Everything seems to work great.

BTW. Is it just me...or there isn't "buttons flickering" in RadeonPRO anymore.
    It was little annoying. But now, it seems to disappear. :)
    Anyway, thx for a great job developing this amazing tool japamd.

14. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    does Radeon pro work with ghosts yet ? cant get it to hook onto the game at all. lol

EDIT: dam i cant get radeonPro to detect ghosts arghhhh lol
    EDIT2: ok fixed it lol

15. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    Thank you!

Thanks for the feedback. I don't have the flickering bug, never had. That's why it is not fixed :p

LOL

I bet it was due to fraps running in background.

16. jaredpace

jaredpace Active Member

GPU:
    4890 975/1150
    RadeonPro 1.1.1.0 working good for me in Battlefield 4 64bit in win7 pro 64 using core unparking. Forcing SMAA ultra, sweetFX 1.4, & FPS counter overlay all working good.

Thanks Japamd. Whens release date & whats new on RP 2.0?

17. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    nah wasnt that mate i had to start steam up then start radeon pro up before starting the game lol for some reason it wont hook when run from radeon pro before steam is started up.
    have to try also 2-3 times to get it to hook onto the game before it will show up very weird issue lol when it does hook though it works all the time :D

18. japamd

japamd Ancient Guru

GPU:
    AMD Radeon HD 7970Ghz
    You're welcome. Nope, I didn't touch RP 2.0 since early September. As you may be aware, my rig came back to life last week after a long wait.

That's odd. For me, at least, it doesn't matter the load order.

19. The Mac

The Mac Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire R9-290 Vapor-X
    i figured it out a while ago.

its due to a bad profile.

deleting them fixes it.

20. sekta

sekta Guest

GPU:
    Nvidia GTX 1080
    Make sure Radeonpro has 64-bit enabled (says 32/64bit bottom right corner) if you want to hook BF4 and CoD: Ghosts. I know a lot of us have disabled it due to that annoying pop-up box.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.