Nvidia GeForce 331.58 WHQL - Download & Discussion

Discussion in 'Videocards - NVIDIA GeForce Drivers Section' started by Spets, Oct 21, 2013.

1. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    I hope that error are not showing they are rushing on WHQL driver...
    ---
    It can be the driver are not fully ready for DX 11.2 yet?

Last edited: Oct 21, 2013
  2. Xtreme512

Xtreme512 Master Guru

GPU:
    RTX 4080 Super
    so where can we confirm that there is a dx11.2 in win 8.1 now? :D

3. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    Well that Shadow Warrior profile is awful! I get massive mouse lag and roughly 40 fps.
    Removed the profile, added sw.exe again to the Hard Reset profile, and boom: 140 FPS at 1440p ultra :)

At least these drivers don't seem to make my rig TDR/crash all the time like 331.40.
    /fingers crossed.

4. Sarex

Sarex Guest

GPU:
    Asus GTX970 4GB
    A quote from manuelG "We are working on an instrumented driver which will collect more info from users who wish to participate in testing. I will share this with everyone once it is ready. "

link to the topic:https://forums.geforce.com/default/...freeze-or-tdr-thread-w-geforce-460-560-gpus/1

5. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Yes, if you are a dev for gaming, just checking for the function of DirectX 11.2 are there or not. ;)
    Good information, maybe you should be posted on the Nvidia forum too?
    There are many people also facing this issues. :)

6. Mraz

Mraz Master Guru

GPU:
    /
    Everything fine, I got 5 points increase in Unigine 4.0 altough 5 points is...well LOL...

Performance in games more or less the same, so far I only have one placebo effect I going on I think, like a system is slightly more snappier with these, dunno why honestly.

No crashes...

7. deluxe

deluxe Guest

GPU:
    Gigabyte 980Ti G1
    Posted =]

8. Dcrawler

Dcrawler Member Guru

GPU:
    Evga 680sli Hydro(s)
    Probably already been ask, but anything for Rome 2?

9. BenYeeHua

BenYeeHua Guest

GPU:
    Asus 650M D3
    Good jobs.:thumbup:
    Yes, here it is.
    https://forums.geforce.com/default/...read-released-10-21-13-/post/3979458/#3979458

10. ricardonuno1980

ricardonuno1980 Banned

GPU:
    GTX 780Ti Classified :D
    False, my EVGA GTX 480 (almost 3 years) works PERFECTLY running both beta and WHQL drivers! :D loool

If your GTX 560Ti (attention: stock speeds only) is abnormal at many times then you may get RMA. ;)

11. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    nah its OS api part, dxdiag shows max dx11.1, guess MS didnt release it after all. In one article it said MS will release dx11.2 once Win8.1 and xbone goes live..

Maybe they're waiting for xbone?

12. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
  13. Axaion

Axaion Active Member

GPU:
    MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G
    Source?, not to mention that RMA is prolly US only is it not?

14. Carfax

Carfax Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Zotac 4090 Extreme
    Does anyone know where do you find the branch revision number?

15. nick0323

nick0323 Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus DUAL RTX2060S
    Working fine for me, didn't work at all in the last beta either...

If these drivers are anything like the last beta they should be nice and smooth for me. :nerd: (FPS geeks not required, smoothness comes first).

16. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    Screenshot, or it didn't happen.

17. myshkin

myshkin Member

GPU:
    GTX 560 ti
    Directx 11.2 is available and working in windows 8.1, i think it's been available since the 319.xx drivers, so long as you're using some version of win 8.1.

11.2 isn't a hardware feature level, that's why the forceware system info and dxdiag will report 11.0/11.1. They tell you what hardware feature level your device supports.

For example I can use most of the DX 11.2 features on my 560 ti, which is hardware feature level 11.0. That's because the driver contains the 11.2 feature support, rather than the hardware directly (11.2 requires a WDDM 1.3 device driver).

Of course the driver will only allow you to use the 11.2 features if the hardware it's interfacing with can operate with WDDM 1.3 drivers. So it still depends on the hardware being fairly recent, just not of a specific hardware feature level.

I think for nvidia hardware, fermi and kepler cards have 11.2 support with a few caveats like only supporting tiled resource in tier 1, but that may changed since I last checked (kepler might support tier 2 now?). But they definitely support other features like mapping default buffers and the new low latency presentation api (much lower input lag).

On the AMD side of things, i think only GCN based cards have WDDM 1.3 support, but they also support tiled resources tier 2 (and maybe better tiled filtering support).

Short version is the drivers have DX 11.2 support right now, just nobody is using it in a product yet (except perhaps the BF4 beta?).

18. Terepin

Terepin Guest

GPU:
    ASUS RTX 4070 Ti
    I was using limiter only because L4D2 SLI scaling was awful and limiting FPS helped to sort it out. But now it's all OK even without it, so I don't need it anymore. Besides, some games were lagging with both Vsync and limiter enabled.

19. -Tj-

-Tj- Ancient Guru

GPU:
    3080TI iChill Black
    @myshkin

I know how it works, that's why I specifically mentioned api software part which shows 11.1 instead of 11.2 (but I did upgrade from win8pro though).

btw thanks for that explanation it could help others.

lol

ok it didnt happen, guess I overlooked something, only nvcpl shows 11.1 :p

20. MADman

MADman Guest

GPU:
    2-WAY Asus GTX TITAN SLI
    Yeah, the "maximize" bug on Surround Setups is finally fixed. Fullscreen applications are now using one screen again. Thanks nvidia :)

When will Mechwarrior Online get a SLI-Profile ?