SweetFX Shader Suite release and discussion thread #4

Discussion in 'Games, Gaming & Game-demos' started by CeeJay.dk, Sep 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wicked_Sick

Wicked_Sick Guest

GPU:
    GTX 480
    I have a problem with SweetFX regarding screenshots. I will post some of them here in hope that someone can shed some light upon my trouble.

When I am playing Max Payne I use the SFX screenshot taking function, it doesn't lag anymore on my PC., so I am happy about it.
    However, I got a new problem. Sometimes the screenshots would come out with a really high contrast or the colors being messed up.

Does anyone here know what is causing this and how to fix/prevent this kind of bug?

Normal Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/kYM9tLi.jpg
    Normal Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/QmnWeXB.jpg

This one I'm not sure if it went out normal or if it was some of the game's effect: http://i.imgur.com/AWwjbvL.jpg

Bugged Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/j8LaI4o.jpg
    Bugged Screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/L4RXhB3.jpg

Thank you for reading this.

2. writer21

writer21 Guest

GPU:
    EVGA SC ACX 780 sli 3gb
    I have a problem with max payne 3 and sweetfx. Basically when installed and running I open up max payne and it seems to open 2-3 processes of max payne 3 in task manager. This causing crazy lag and usage so my frames drop. Anyone know how to stop this?

If I minimize and go to desktop everything takes 3-5 seconds to open. This causes my pc to act very sluggish.

3. 007.SirBond

007.SirBond Guest

GPU:
    NVIDIA GTX Titan 6GB
    Ya, I'm having issues with it as well. I think Valve added their own overlay system in the game, it's not steam overlay. But it's CS:GO marketplace overlay or some kind. It acts as the scoreboard as well, and other functions as well as the intro videos. I can't use SweetFX after the CS:GO patch.

4. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    sorry if this has been brought up but i just installed RTM windows 8.1 (9600) (64bit) and bioshock infinite, metro last light dont load (bioshock gives me a dx11 error) metro just does not load. i have not tried other games? when i had plain windows 8.0 RTM installed. never had any issues :(

is this a known issue? if so is there a way to get bioshock and other guys to work?

5. OrdinaryOregano

OrdinaryOregano Guest

GPU:
    MSI 1080 Gaming X
    This issue comes up every other day, lol.

Yes SweetFX doesn't work in Windows 8.1 as of yet, with the exception of using it through Radeonpro.

6. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 Active Member

GPU:
    Evga GTX 1080 FTW
    ah ok.

i never heard of radeopro. what is it and how do i get the games i want to use sweetfx to work with it?

7. Vegtro

Vegtro Member

GPU:
    Gigabyte 970 G1
    It works with Skyrim ENB for some reason and Final Fantasy VII too from what I played using Win 8.1. A few games does prompt you with the d3d11 though.

8. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Medal of Honor Allied Assault with Breakthrough and Spearhead

SweetFx do not work with the above games. Any ideas?

9. PCElite

PCElite Master Guru

GPU:
    Gigabyte RTX 3080
    Aren't those OpenGL games ?

10. WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning Don Illuminati Staff Member

GPU:
    Inno3d RTX4070
    yep, they wont work because of that :)

11. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

Guys thank you for the information on Medal of Honor Allied Assault. :)

Any idea to get SweetFx working on the above Mortal Kombat?

12. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    From what I could learn, Mortal Kombat has issues with DirectX proxies, but one guy figured out to get it to work with eFX 1.0 and made a small shader to do gamma correction (which Mortal Kombat for PC apparently doesn't do - sounds like a terrible port)

Read : http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=158062066#

That doesn't give you all the SweetFX effects though. You'll have to wait for eFX 2.0 and the version of SweetFX that will be built for that.

You could also try RadeoPro together with SweetFX 1.4 (RadeonPro still doesn't support 1.5) and see if that works.

13. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition

I will have to wait for the SweetFx update because RadeonPro will not support my GTX 650 TI. Thanks everybody for all the help.:)

14. K-putt

K-putt Guest

GPU:
    GTX 1080Ti
    It will "support" it. But only the SweetFX feature.

15. CeeJay.dk

CeeJay.dk Guest

GPU:
    Radeon 6870
    Actually Nvidia owners have been saying that the SweetFX part of RadeonPro as well as the framerate counter works even on nvidia cards .. the rest of the features however only works on AMD cards

Last edited: Oct 17, 2013

16. Mike Gous

Mike Gous Guest

GPU:
    GTX 650 TI 1024Mb
    Yes! I got Mortal Kombat in SweetFx now thanks to RadeonPro. I appreciate all the help. No dice with MOHAA, Breakthrough and Spearhead (maybe because they are opengl).

17. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    Yep, for some games, that normally won't work with SweetFX and have RadeonPro SweetFX compatibility it's fine for nvidia users to run RadeonPro for SweetFX. I first ran it on my gtx 480 to get SweetFX working in Path of Exile almost a year ago.

18. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    DX9 was not affected by the changes in win8.1 and according to the FAQ SweetFX still works with some DX10/11 titles without radeonpro.

19. Zomgerd

Zomgerd Guest

GPU:
    Asus R9 280X DC2T
    That's not a maybe, that's a definite as SweetFX does not support OpenGL yet.

20. P@S@f

P@S@f Guest

GPU:
    ASUS GTX 460 2Gb
    Why I can not inject nor FXAA, nor SMAA into Fahrenheit game using this tool, or original InjectSMAA or FXAA Tool? All other effects work thought. Game is 100% DirectX 9 (I've checked it with Dependency Walker - it using d3d9.dll)

It is possible to bring advanced anti-aliasing technologies to it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.