Intense Backlight leaking from monitor

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by death__machine, Sep 29, 2013.

1. death__machine

death__machine Master Guru

GPU:
    Sapphire 270X TOXIC 2GBx2
    So I picked up a LG 24EA53-V monitor with my system and I like it. But it has crazy backlight leaking and very visible in dark scenes of a game/movie.

[​IMG]

I've asked LG for a replacement but they're taking quite some time to get it through, to even have an authorized service center to call me back.

Would you keep a monitor like that?

Side note: The monitor wobbles on the stand like crazy when I'm typing -_-
    here's a link of the monitor:
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005444

2. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    I think LG is somewhat notorious for light bleed. It's worth a shot for trying to get a replacement.

3. death__machine

GPU:
    Yeah I'm gonna definitely try. It wasn't even 30 days till I first called them so let's see. Otherwise I'll go the economic dept. here. Worst part is I called the service centers that LG mailed me and both of them said they wouldn't support my monitor as I haven't purchased it from them -_-. Then I called LG and told them the scene and apparently their service center called me but I didn't answer (yeah right). Giving them till tomorrow before making a scene.

Just pulled out the monitor stand and tightened the crap out of it and its wobbling lesser but still wobbling. Wtf why make a detachable stand thats flimsy as ****

4. signex

signex Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Upgrading
    Wow, that looks pretty intense, i think it's called IPS glow?

You should get a replacement imo.

5. death__machine

GPU:
    Just googled "IPS Glow" and the horror lol! It seems to be pretty common.

6. AC_Avatar100400

AC_Avatar100400 Guest

GPU:
    WC GTX 780
    I have the 23 inch model and i consider myself lucky with only a slight amount in the right corner.And yeah the stand sucks pretty bad but for price its pretty good monitor.

Try and get lucky with a replacement or look at a better brand.

7. D4rKy21

D4rKy21 Banned

GPU:
    Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 SLI
    Thats not normal dude, thats pretty overpower bleeding not good for your eyes lol, good you sended it back, and u get a new one :)

8. Neo Cyrus

Neo Cyrus Ancient Guru

GPU:
    黃仁勳 stole my 4090
    Every IPS I've ever had has had glow in the corners but that's quite extreme. I would try to get a refund if possible and buy a different model.

9. death__machine

GPU:
    Well the scene with LG is damn weird out here.

LG creates a replacement case to which I follow up for an entire week and they tell me they can't replace it, they only offer repair and insist on me speaking to the reseller again. So I speak to that fellow again and he says that he'll try to speak to his dealer to get me a replacement but no promises. Will meet him on thursday when I'm picking up more ram and a hdd so let's see.

I'll probably file a case against LG with the economic dept. here if this doesn't get sorted.
    If none of this works out I'm going to the economic department :).

10. GreenSmoke

GreenSmoke Member Guru

GPU:
    MSI 660 OC FrzIII
    Man that's terrible. How did you purchase, in-store, on-line, etc.?

Pretty much why i buy all my electronics if i can from amazon (prime member) if the price is in my budget, No-hassle/No-BS returns if it's legit problem, and damn quick. Since they could care less about the manufacture, if it's within the amazon warranty period.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2013

11. scoter man1

scoter man1 Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI GTX 1070ti
    That works better than you'd think it would, trust me. Here in the US, companies are obligated to do satisfy your case or else I think they face a fine from the government. (I think). It definitely will light a fire under their @$$.

12. death__machine

GPU:
    Well LG still hasn't replied to my email. Will be meeting the reseller today so lets see if he can sort something.

The local based online websites are mostly a rip off compared to the resellers here. And we don't have amazon or even eBay out here.

Can't buy from off shore sites as I'll end up selling my organs to pay for shipping. But I'm saving up to buy stuff from frozencpu soon :p
    Savung

13. death__machine

GPU:
    Well the distributor has agreed to replace only on the condition that if the monitor can't be repaired. Bull**** but I'll take a chance. Do you guys think that this is repairable ?

14. death__machine

GPU:
    It just came back from the "repair" and I'm very disappointed at these ****s. Check it out:

[​IMG]

I can't even meet them personally until Saturday as I work during their working hours. And on top of that I filed a complaint with LG and they still haven't gotten back to me. A little longer and I'm going to the eco. dept here.

Edit: It seems to be a little better but still I'm not happy with it -_-

15. death__machine

GPU:
    They changed the entire screen after a lot of my nagging, complaining, etc. It's way better than before. I'll put a pic of it soon.