AMD Catalyst 13.11 BETA1 (13.200.16.0 September 26)

Discussion in 'Videocards - AMD Radeon Drivers Section' started by asder00, Oct 8, 2013.

Tags:
  1. flow

flow Maha Guru

GPU:
    Asus TUF RTX3080 oc
    Nah, beta likes 3GB video ram to run smooth. Most win8/8.1 missionaires are nvidia users with fps problems and stuttering.
    I'm not calling you that btw :) it's just noticable in the bf4 forums that there are some.

I have zero problems with the beta, besides the obvious and already often mentioned optimizations for more solid fps and cpu utilization.
    13.10B2 btw. I hold off with these newer betas which seems to cater the upcoming new cards.

As for the rest, yeah it's a beta, likely made on windows 8, therefor managing the resources required in a better way. Especially if your hardware is below the recommended, which still is 3GB video ram and indeed windows 8/8.1.

The recommended video cards are 2GB cards overall, which leads me to think they will optimize the final for these cards and give 3GB as a reference because that's what amd cards come with lately.

2. Seren

Seren Guest

GPU:
    Asus Strix RX570
    Aww... just when I thought these drivers were perfect... Crashes a few times in Warframe =(
    Running it with x64 checked, Dx11 and multi-threaded rendering.
    Game freezes and after 10secs get taken to the desktop with a display driver has been recovered message.

3. jomama22

jomama22 Member

GPU:
    3x 7970 Lightning
    i have 3 7970s and a 3960x @4.7. I moved from win 7 to 8.1 over the weekend and the difference is pretty huge. Win 8.1 is just better for bf4 beta, plain and simple. The smoothness is 10x better, minimum frames are up a good 40fps as well(i use the 3 for 120hz).

It isnt just nvidia people saying it, its anyone who has tried win7 vs win 8 on bf4.

You can always go and try 8.1 preview for free until the 15th and see for yourself. Only a few gig d/l.

P.S: ssaa enhance through ccc works very well. If you have some spare gpu usage in 2/3/4way cfx, its worth a try. I didnt lose any fps merely because with ssaa on, i still max out around 90% usage with the 3 on 1 120hz screen.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2013
  4. onthemour

onthemour Active Member

GPU:
    780 acx
    BF4 7970 crossfinity works amazing. One problem though. The game is boring! ITs just a bf3 map pack

5. eclap

eclap Banned

GPU:
    Palit GR 1080 2000/11000
    lol. how do you mean? can you back up your claim?

6. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    The new BF4 patch improved my crossfire FPS a little bit -- I gained about +10 FPS. It was averaging 45-50, now it's averaging 55-60. (Using 5-minute FRAPS benchmarks)

However, my CPU (i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz) is still maxing out and hovering in the 90-100% range the entire time I play, and both of my GPU's are still averaging only 50-60% usage, each.

It's nice to see some improvement, but it's obvious that DICE has a long way to go in optimizing their code. This is probably out of AMD's hands at this point...

7. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    they are probably keeping it that way so that when mantle hits then we will get high gpu usage and probably will see the difference ;) though i thought i was not getting high gpu usage at first untill i played a full map game and granted there are places where optimization needs work as gpu usage in places is very low but in most places its very high.

8. SamLab

SamLab Guest

GPU:
    nVidia 640M + Intel 4000
  9. PieEyedPiper

PieEyedPiper Master Guru

GPU:
    RX 580
    +9% improvement in Skyrim!!
    Oh hells yes!

I was literally just saying to myself how thirsty I am for more Skyrim performance. Srs.

13.10 B2
    3DMark11 7889

13.11 B1
    3DMark11 7995

I guess 100 points is nothing to scoff at, I was hoping for something slightly more profound.

Going from 1000MHz to 1100MHz core nets me 8450, or roughly 500 points. So to put it into perspective, regarding 3DMark11, the new driver's are as good as a 20MHz core increase on a 7950.

EDIT: Something odd I noticed is graphically anomalies in 2D mode on the desktop and through the quick links bar of firefox. This, so far, has only happened to me this one time with any driver, this one.
    Events leading up to the anomalies were me running Heaven and experimenting with 1100MHz core. Right near the end of the bench I started getting a few artifacts in the top, top right so I closed it down the moment it finished the bench, just a second or two later.
    The artifacting appeared to continue on in 2D mode and was very visible when running firefox. Restarting put things right - so far. Just thought I'd mention it as I've not before experienced this behavior.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2013
  10. paleh0rse

paleh0rse Active Member

GPU:
    2 x Powercolor 7870XT
    The BF4 Beta is simply a dog on all cards! Based on the Tom's Hardware benchmark results, I guess my cards are exactly where one would expect them to be.

My setup:
    -- Ultra Preset (1080p @ 144hz)
    -- Empty 32-player Domination Map (same as Tom's)
    -- Fraps 5-minute FPS Test
    -- (2) Powercolor Myst 7870XT in Crossfire @ 1150/1550
    -- i5-3570k @ 4.4 Ghz

Using the same test settings as Tom's, my results:
    Min: 45
    Average: 68.3

They fall between the single GTX770 and TITAN video cards. Considering that I only paid $440 for my two cards, combined, I guess that'll work for me... for now! LOL :)

For comparison:
    [​IMG]

11. Plug2k

Plug2k Ancient Guru

GPU:
    Q for you all, crossfire 7950`s, is bf4 map bugged ? with ati drivers everything looks white and grey dusty and stuff hard to see ???? is this a aftereffect of the building coming down ? or a bug that will be fixed or corruption ? or am i the only one getting this lol

12. The Postman

The Postman Ancient Guru

GPU:
    MSI 980 TI Gaming
    Pretty smooth here.

13. GizmoSLI

GizmoSLI Member

GPU:
    2x XFX 7950 H2O@1075/1500
    Not for me, I actually think it made it worse.:confused:

14. daliklee

daliklee Guest

GPU:
    AMD 7970m
    there is also available new driver for mobile GPU,
    i notice nice preformance boost :) in 3d mark 11 + 400pts
    games performance not tested yet
    Well done ATI :) :banana:

15. kn00tcn

kn00tcn Ancient Guru

GPU:
    570m / MSI 660 Gaming OC
    :nerd: a++ will unfortunately laugh again

yes it's after the building comes down, i wondered about this the first time i saw it, then remembered 9/11 footage, so it's accurate

16. shankly1985

shankly1985 Guest

GPU:
    RX VEGA 64
    Anyone here running Windows 8 and Crossfire have Fifa 14 crash with theses?

17. blood_sam

blood_sam Guest

GPU:
    Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 OC
    Still have low FPS in Hitman Absolution and crashes in Doom 3 BFG + stuttering. (in Rage also, thanks to idTech 5).

18. Trusconi

Trusconi Guest

GPU:
    6950 Dirt 3
    Also on my **** computer new driver and patch make "playable" this game...

I think i will buy R9 290X when arrive in Italy

19. caleb59

caleb59 Master Guru

GPU:
    KFA2 RTX 3070 8GB
    Same here - still fps drops 20-30fps - unplayable...

20. NiColaoS

NiColaoS Master Guru

GPU:
    3060 12GB
    Guys, when the 7950 can run at 500Mhz core clock? Which phase is this? I thought there were only 3 phases, 300Mhz ( idle ), 501Mhz ( UVD/Video ) and 3D clocks, full speed...

When I give 4 more FPS to my monitor with a utility ( CRU ), the clocks stuck at 500Mhz core ( NOT 501Mhz ) and full memory speed, 1250Mhz. I'm trying to figure out why is this happening... Does it think it's a second monitor or 120hz monitor or something?